GTX 760 performance unviuled; 15% faster than the 660ti

so whats better, this or the 7950, because i'll have to get one of the two...

With the benchmarks shown it is faster than the hd 7950 while costing 80-100 dollars less. Wait for the reviews but for now it seems that the 760 is a much better deal.

We really need AMD to respond to these new Nvidia cards either with new cards of their own or with price cuts.

They won't release anything new until the end of this year (rumor, not confirmed). A price cut does seem to be in order but not necessary if their cards are still selling. As long as people are still buying AMD at the current price there's no need to reduce prices. If anything they could refresh the never settle bundle.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Awesome, thanks for the link!

What's your guys' opinion on the whole blower vs dual direct fan cooling setup, withing a more enclosed "silent" case? My cooling system isn't very airflow heavy, opting for a more silent treatment.

Thanks

I usually go for direct cooling fans but i got the blower type EVGA 670 last year and i would not buy one again it does run hotter than i expected but my biggest problem is it's got a very annoying whiny fan i would not recommend a blower if your going for a silent build . As long as you have at least one fan at the front and back you can run any direct fan card . I personally would only recommend a blower for matx or smaller builds but my experience with them is limited

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

so whats better, this or the 7950, because i'll have to get one of the two...

It is still a little early to tell, wait for some reviews and game benchmarks but from what is known so far, the 760 is about 5% faster than the 7950 and could be a little cheaper, though that remains to be seen. Since the 760 is expected to retail at around 250-300$ don't forget that the Sapphire 7970 is 3000$ on newegg.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-670

Has anyone kind of noticed that this year's line-up smells suspiciously like a redux of last years at a lower price point?

It's feels almost like Nvidia intends on only just beating the HD-7000 series by a smidgin and saving whatever else they have under the works for next year after AMD releases HD-8000 series

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

I'm curious what they will do for the 760 Ti... Unless they just increase the price of this a little and remove the Ti completely...

They said this will be the last 700 series release this year

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I usually go for direct cooling fans but i got the blower type EVGA 670 last year and i would not buy one again it does run hotter than i expected but my biggest problem is it's got a very annoying whiny fan i would not recommend a blower if your going for a silent build . As long as you have at least one fan at the front and back you can run any direct fan card . I personally would only recommend a blower for matx or smaller builds but my experience with them is limited

I plan on having 2x 1100rpm or so 140mm fans on the front of the case, one 140mm or 120mm on the back, and the h100i attached to the top of the case. There is a spot on the bottom of the case for a fan, so I might put one there for additional intake of fresh air. All of these fans mind you are "silent", and low RPM, very quiet. Would this be ok for an aftermarket GPU with a dual fan setup?