GTX 760 performance unviuled; 15% faster than the 660ti

Nice ^_^ thanks for posting

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Really good. So it is basically has the performance of a 670 then. If they price it at 250 dollars it would be a killer deal .

Nice, can't wait for the prices to be announced. Here's hoping a blower cooler will be available from at least ONE vendor (have a case that isn't exactly designed for lots of internal cooling).

I'm curious what they will do for the 760 Ti... Unless they just increase the price of this a little and remove the Ti completely...

Nice, can't wait for the prices to be announced. Here's hoping a blower cooler will be available from at least ONE vendor (have a case that isn't exactly designed for lots of internal cooling).

Looks like you're in luck.  :)

http://www.techpowerup.com/185988/evgas-geforce-gtx-760-lineup-detailed.html

EVGA will apparently have 3 of them.

Awesome, thanks for the link!

What's your guys' opinion on the whole blower vs dual direct fan cooling setup, withing a more enclosed "silent" case? My cooling system isn't very airflow heavy, opting for a more silent treatment.

Thanks

Isn't this one the Titan cooler but with a different shroud? I know the GTX 770 version is the Titan cooler, just a different shroud.

The card (GTX 760): http://www.techpowerup.com/img/13-06-20/204e.jpg

GTX 770 with Titan cooler (Different shroud): http://www.inet.se/files/img/max/5409883_3.png

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I love that EVGA is going silver instead of gold for these. It will fit nicely in my build now. :)

Well I guess I went to the 650 Ti Boost too soon then!

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

Awesome, thanks for the link!

What's your guys' opinion on the whole blower vs dual direct fan cooling setup, withing a more enclosed "silent" case? My cooling system isn't very airflow heavy, opting for a more silent treatment.

Thanks

Let me first state that I have not had any real experience with either, as I have never built my own rig. But to my understanding of what I have read over the years, a dual direct fan cooled card would be better at cooling, but only if the case has enough airflow. It can also be more quiet. A blower cooled card would be a better choice in a case with little airflow. The blower fan can also be slightly louder. If your case is silence orientated with little airflow, the blower style might work best for you. All the hot air escapes out the back of the case. Does your case have a bottom fan mount? I have an idea with the Define R4 to put a SilverStone AP122 at the bottom to give directed airflow to a blower style video card. Might work for you.

Isn't this one the Titan cooler but with a different shroud? I know the GTX 770 version is the Titan cooler, just a different shroud.

The card (GTX 760): http://www.techpowerup.com/img/13-06-20/204e.jpg

GTX 770 with Titan cooler (Different shroud): http://www.inet.se/files/img/max/5409883_3.png

The GTX760 looks more like the 680 stock cooler to me. The fan is off centre a bit (vertically).

Well I guess I went to the 650 Ti Boost too soon then!

Use it as a Physx Card!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

If it's cheaper than the 660Ti I will buy it for my upcoming HTPC.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Use it as a Physx Card!

Would that work on a motherboard that doesn't support SLI?

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

Would that work on a motherboard that doesn't support SLI?

Using a card for SLI and using it for Physx is different.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Let me first state that I have not had any real experience with either, as I have never built my own rig. But to my understanding of what I have read over the years, a dual direct fan cooled card would be better at cooling, but only if the case has enough airflow. It can also be more quiet. A blower cooled card would be a better choice in a case with little airflow. The blower fan can also be slightly louder. If your case is silence orientated with little airflow, the blower style might work best for you. All the hot air escapes out the back of the case. Does your case have a bottom fan mount? I have an idea with the Define R4 to put a SilverStone AP122 at the bottom to give directed airflow to a blower style video card. Might work for you.

Cheers mate, thanks for the reply.

This is my exact setup, I am using an R4 (well, will be building in an R4, it's currently barren). I placed a Quiet 120mm Corsair fan on the bottom, but read it can be noisy when mounted horizontally. I bought a couple more Gelid Silent 140mm fans, I might put it on the bottom to see if it fits. It intakes quite a bit more air than the Quiet 120mm Corsairs.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

We really need AMD to respond to these new Nvidia cards either with new cards of their own or with price cuts.

so whats better, this or the 7950, because i'll have to get one of the two...

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

I regret buying a 660 ti so close to the launch of the 700 series :(

Very nice pricing finally for a 700gtx. I may considering picking one of these up so that my new haswell chip isn't so bottlenecked in games!

$250, looks like a killer deal to me o.O