9 free SSDs from Amazon

Jay123

So my friend bought 1 128GB Samsung 840 from Amazon but they delivered 10 to his house and only charged him for 1! Are they allowed to take them back or will they even realise? I hope they don't because I can get a cheap SSD out of it.

He will not ship any to you, he's selling them in school for ease. Had loads of PMs asking this.

"An Excellent Signature"

Bought 1 or 10 ? He should have checked his papers to see how many has he ordered, how many has he "officially" got that is written on paper that he signed when it was delivered. If it was 10, then he may pay for all :PPP

where can we get in contact with your friend  :rolleyes:

if i was him i would probably mail them and let them know about this and you probably will get something as reward(but loose 9ssd's :unsure: ) too well at least that's what i would do 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

To be a good person you should tell them about this. but it was there mistake you could if you wanted to keep the, and build like a super raid.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

No, fist check all papers and signiatures. No mails, no calls. Indentify the problem first. 

This happens occasionally. I've heard a few stories of this happening and it always seems to be a case of an extra zero getting shoved in there somewhere.

They won't realize. He should just be happy with his 10 SSDs.

He says he's keeping them for a week, then he's going to start selling them

"An Excellent Signature"

I would honestly return them.  Bad karma is bad.

post-16787-0-70821600-1371748630_thumb.j

]

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

As far as I know, in the US at least, this is Amazon's mistake and the additional drives are his to keep.

Morality and legality often do not align.

I would call them anonymously and explain the situation, requesting the legal advice for your particular state. Ensure to ask for the exact law so you can research it yourself, as it differs in different countries. Refuse to give them any specific information. This lets them know three things:

1. You have covered yourself in the event that it is illegal.

2. They have made a mistake.

3. They will be missing nine SSDs, and it is their responsibility.

It more than likely is not illegal in Britain. However, you might as well be certain since it won't take too much effort on your part.

You can also ask what they can do for you in terms of compensation if you choose to return it. If the offer is too small, refuse it and say it is not worth your time (it usually isn't...)

However, if you want to be morally good, I would suggest you return them and ask them to pay for the return shipping as well as your petrol expenses to and from the post office. That is the morally correct thing to do. But that does not mean you have to do it.

he should sell me one or two.. im still sticking with 500gigs of SATA 2 5400rpm :D

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Personally I would just keep them for a while - if they don't ask for any you don't have to bother getting them to ask for them.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Was in the midst of typing pretty much what Dim said...

Definitely not illegal in the UK, you don't work for Amazon, so you are not obliged to go to the effort of sending them back. If you intend on keeping them it would be best to report it and say this though, they can't force you to. Imagine if you sent some £50 in the post accidentally, could you claim it back? No... Would you want it back? Probably. There is also a possibility they could refuse to sell to you in the future.

It is a moral decision though and one you should probably make yourself...The absolute right thing would be to give them back, but you are under no legal obligation.

Is this amazon.co.uk? Personally I would keep them, it's their error, Even if they did notice 9 ssds gone missing they would not be able to tell who they were dispatched to and even if they did what are they going to do? You didn't steal them they practically gave them to you, Keep them! Things like this don't happen often! Treat yourself on their mistake! Enjoy the good things in life, personally I would sell 7 of them and go on a holiday or splash out on new pc parts

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

Was in the midst of typing pretty much what Dim said...

Definitely not illegal in the UK, you don't work for Amazon, so you are not obliged to go to the effort of sending them back. If you intend on keeping them it would be best to report it and say this though, they can't force you to. Imagine if you sent some £50 in the post accidentally, could you claim it back? No... Would you want it back? Probably. There is also a possibility they could refuse to sell to you in the future.

It is a moral decision though and one you should probably make yourself...The absolute right thing would be to give them back, but you are under no legal obligation.

This. However, please make sure to remember the distinction between money and shipped goods. That is to say, if your employee overpays you, for example, you could be liable if you don't raise it with them. If a bank makes an error in your favour, it is not Monopoly and you don't get to keep it :(

That said, a shipment with $50 in a box is yours to keep. It does very much depend on how you got the free stuff, but in this case you're under no obligation.

don't keep them just have a try ! who knows what will happen? u will loose 9 ssd's but you'l get some respect or something atleast in my vision! but it's you decision

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

[...]There is also a possibility they could refuse to sell to you in the future.[...]

They wont hence they know that you probably would buy from amazon again :)

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

If you sent them back, you'd get a small thank you and you'll the be 9 ssds down worth over a grand, not worth it, you may feel good at the tome but you'll regret not taking advantage of this, i work in distribution and im telling you, keep them

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

This reminds me of the time I bought a 400 dollar jacket from REI and ended up getting it for 10 dollars. They accidently put the price as 10 dollars on the sticker, and I was buying a boatload of other stuff so I didn't realize until the next day. I went back to pay the extra money I owed them but they said The price is the price. There is no other place I would shop other than REI

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

But think about this. Someone probably did a mistake while sending those SSDs and that someone MIGHT have to pay for them. That person might not be able to afford it. 

Mind if you could convince him to do a little *cough* giveaway on here? :D

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Worst case scenario they give u a shipping label to return them.  But I would contact them tbh.  Like someone else said, someone else might have to pay for them.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Worst case scenario they give u a shipping label to return them. But I would contact them tbh. Like someone else said, someone else might have to pay for them.

the person who made the picking error will not have to pay for them, i work in a distribution warehouse and ive made mistakes like this but not on this scale and ive not had to pay anything, your boss might have a winge tho

Similar thing happened to me once, but with a $20 item. Order 1 got 6. Asked Amazon and they said I could keep them if I wanted. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers