Why is there a constant flame war on this thread?

QuadNine

doesnt matter im happy with my 8350 for now and i belive we can all admit amd and intel pcs are way better than xbox one or ps4 so master race still wins.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

Again, we have a thread of bitter Intel users sneering at the AMD FX.

But also FX-8350 users like me.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

ALOT of assumptions going on there fella. i own both intel and amd and im sick of all the hate amd recieves from intel fanboys who never used a fx.  

intel fanboys gonna fanboy lol. amd is a good chip that loses to intel on synthetic benchmarks but in real world usage its not a big difference at all.   who cares if it takes my cpu 8 minutes to render something that 4790k can render in 7 minutes.

so what the i5 get better fps in games..its mostly 1-5 fps and once again who cares when you're already over 100fps.

these guys go out of thier way trying to convince you amd suck cause it gets outperformed by 15% of intels best cpus. they wont credit it for being better than 85% of cpus out there lol

"ohhh 10 different cpus perform better than the 8350 so amd sucks "  <-----fate,faa,faceman lol

I'm not an Intel user but am I allowed to "hate" (I don't like that word) my FX-8350 right now?

Because I don't really like it at all. An i5 is only $20 more and I should have bought that instead :(

You know do not assume the "hate" is all from Intel users, I mean how on earth do we get better products if we don't criticise them.

I just want to say no one should not have brand loyalty. You can be happy with your purchase but don't be angered if it gets hammered by other people.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

real world benchmarks even comparing skyrim,arma and the other games people here love to say amd sucks in.

they are both great cpus for gaming

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

so what the i5 get better fps in games..its mostly 1-5 fps and once again who cares when you're already over 100fps.

Stop assuming we all play that one not-so-demanding game. Who the hell only plays one games?

You know I play Counter-Strike and get 200FPS but it's not the only game I play lol.

you have every right to hate on amd. i am also looking to upgrade to 4790k. but if you had a 990fx motherboard and aftermarket cooling like h100i and a overclock of 4.8, you would like the 8350 much more...but at this point isnt worth the money to upgrade those parts. i do enjoy the 8350,but its not for everyone.

I'm not an Intel user but am I allowed to "hate" (I don't like that word) my FX-8350 right now?

Because I don't really like it at all. An i5 is only $20 more and I should have bought that instead :(

You know do not assume the "hate" is all from Intel users, I mean how on earth do we get better products if we don't criticise them.

I just want to say no one should not have brand loyalty. You can be happy with your purchase but don't be angered if it gets hammered by other people.

I'm of the opinion that the worst Brand Loyalists/fanboys are those who have very little hands-on experience and have not been around enough blocks to know better. both Intel and AMD have had their days in the sun, and days when consumers circle-jerked over how crappy their latest product was. 

Right now Intel is the better choice for the money for high end gaming. there should be no emotion attached to what I just said, its just fact because current FX/Athlon CPU's can only handle half the instructions per core as intel -because- cpu instructions are being sent to the modules that each contain 2 cores, and therefore instructions per second sent to each core is halved. it's not rocket science, its simple deduction. Add to that each FX/Athlon core contains half the transistors of an Intel Core. These facts alone trump any delusion that FX CPU's are a better or even equal choice for high end gaming. For mid-range gaming... whole different story.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Stop assuming we all play that one not-so-demanding game. Who the hell only plays one games?

You know I play Counter-Strike and get 200FPS but it's not the only game I play lol.

i get around 150-160 fps on black ops 2

90fps locked advanced warfare

50-60 on watchdogs (worst one)

60fps locked titanfall

60fps vsync on beyond earth

and too many to name i get great performance in. you get the point

We aren't bashing AMD FX, we're bashing here the lies people keep spreading. Intel is just the better choice for price/performance for gaming and you only have to accept it and not come to us "AMD is fine, you fanboy, only few more fps, 200$ is cheaper than 200$" when the freaking question was which is better. I'll give you a good example of what kinda lies people here spray;

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48571-intel-amd-architectural-discussion-how-far-ahead-is-intel/

All benchmarks he included AMD won. Only used that GameGPU as source when 500 other sources are saying the opposite while matching each others result even.

Here that guy salesman managed to sell the OP a 8320; http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/79053-fx-8320-vs-i5-3570k-and-new-mobo/

Halfyear later the OP was reporting CPU bottlenecks; http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/230750-issues-with-fx-8320/

Later on the OP upgraded to a 4670K and showed the difference; http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/245290-fx8320-to-i5-4670k-performance-gains/

When I joined this forum, everyone was literally spamming the thread with 8320 nonsense in any 4670K vs 8350 thread, haven't even seen a single guy recommending the i5. I was literally the only one who was recommending the i5, can't even remember a guy going with the 8350 anymore since I joined this forum, proving all AMD fanatics wrong hence why they hate me like shit. Theyve even gone down to the level of fabricating benchmarks. Many of the people who have advertised the shit out of the 8350 have upgraded to Intel and you'll do the same soon.

pretty much everything you've just wrote is complete BS. sorry but most people here are recommending the i5 if its in budget, or the i3 for that matter when gaming some even go so far as the pentium g3258 ( i wouldn't but ya know some argue it well).  and look at those graphs again amd barely wins any of those accurate results at the time not including new cpus because they are NEW.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

doesnt matter im happy with my 8350 for now and i belive we can all admit amd and intel pcs are way better than xbox one or ps4 so master race still wins.

That's not valid argument when it comes to recommending products people are going to spend a lot of money on and they want the best experience. And get out of here if you think "it's still better than a console" is valid reason to not help someone get the best value for money gaming rig they can.

<snip>

real world benchmarks even comparing skyrim,arma and the other games people here love to say amd sucks in.

they are both great cpus for gaming

I knew you'd link that at some point. Now check pretty much every other news/review sites benchmarks.

I'm of the opinion that the worst Brand Loyalists/fanboys are those who have very little hands-on experience and have not been around enough blocks to know better. both Intel and AMD have had their days in the sun, and days when consumers circle-jerked over how crappy their latest product was. 

Right now Intel is the better choice for the money for high end gaming. there should be no emotion attached to what I just said, its just fact because current FX/Athlon CPU's can only handle half the instructions per core as intel -because- cpu instructions are being sent to the modules that each contain 2 cores, and therefore instructions per second sent to each core is halved. it's not rocket science, its simple deduction. Add to that each FX/Athlon core contains half the transistors of an Intel Core. These facts alone trump any delusion that FX CPU's are a better or even equal choice for high end gaming. For mid-range gaming... whole different story.

i have to beg to differ. when it comes to high end gaming its mostly gpu as long as the cpu is good enough. which 8350fx amd is more than good enough. yes intels best cpus will always beat it. no one is arguing that. 

you have every right to hate on amd. i am also looking to upgrade to 4790k. but if you had a 990fx motherboard and aftermarket cooling like h100i and a overclock of 4.8, you would like the 8350 much more...but at this point isnt worth the money to upgrade those parts. i do enjoy the 8350,but its not for everyone.

+1

Though I can only afford stock cooler right now xD

This thread has sadly become yet another flame war.

RRiz3.gif

IBTL.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

i have to beg to differ. when it comes to high end gaming its mostly gpu as long as the cpu is good enough. which 8350fx amd is more than good enough. yes intels best cpus will always beat it. no one is arguing that. 

Not sure about 4K though. Intel is better at SLI/Crossfire scaling. (According to what I seen at toms hardware anyway)

That's not valid argument when it comes to recommending products people are going to spend a lot of money on and they want the best experience. And get out of here if you think "it's still better than a console" is valid reason to not help someone get the best value for money gaming rig they can.

I knew you'd link that at some point. Now check pretty much every other news/review sites benchmarks.

whoa whoa whoa...putting words in my mouth. i never said intel was not the best option. all i said was amd 8 core is great for gaming. thats because it is.yes for the 10th millionth time intels best beats it and people with the money should get it.

not everyone has to drive a freaking lambo, some of us are just fine with a mustang gt...sure the lambo is faster/more expensive and has more prestige. but the mustang gt serves its purpose. same thing with amd and gaming.

naw im saying mane?

whoa whoa whoa...putting words in my mouth. i never said intel was not the best option. all i said was amd 8 core is great for gaming. thats because it is.yes for the 10th millionth time intels best beats it and people with the money should get it.

not everyone has to drive a freaking lambo, some of us are just fine with a mustang gt...sure the lambo is faster/more expensive and has more prestige. but the mustang gt serves its purpose. same thing with amd and gaming.

naw im saying mane?

Well the reason why you would pick a FX-8350 in the first place is the price. It is cheaper now but back then it was there with the i5 but only slightly cheaper.

For the same price (well roughly) would you want a Mustang (FX) or a Corvette (i5)?

An i7 would be a Lambo and the Intel extreme series is a Bugatti xD

Well the reason why you would pick a FX-8350 in the first place is the price. It is cheaper now but back then it was there with the i5 but only slightly cheaper.

For the same price (well roughly) would you want a Mustang (FX) or a Corvette (i5)? An i7 would be a Lambo and the Intel extreme series is a Bugatti xD

lol you got me there..id rather have a corvette for sure!

DialUpBrainSpeed.

You don't get it.

If you have to buy a $120 motherboard, $100 cooler, and extra $15+ per year on electricity costs just to come within margin of error and still fall behind a locked i5 in games, that is flawed.  Utterly and completely flawed, and even the highest overclocked FX is going to bottleneck high end cards, and not allow you to play certain games that are CPU bound.

Just because it works for you, doesn't mean someone else is going to play just those games you play.  Also, take into account minimum framerates, they are so much lower with FX. 

You cannot use that result from Tek Syndicate, it is the only review in the history of CPU reviews showing the FX outperforming the i5.  Every other credible website has shown the i5 beating FXs, even Linus said in a WAN show awhile back that the result from Tek Syndicate is wrong.  You cannot hang your hat on the only result showing the FX doing better.  It is a scam.  Stop recommending people the FX.

I have no brand loyalty except for say motherboard = Asus, and GPU = EVGA.  Other than that, I will pick the best tool for the job.  Right now, the Intel CPUs are the best tool for the job.  If that changes, I will change my components as I see fit if my performance dictates the need to change.  Until then, the Intel CPUs are the much better option for gaming performance in the mid and high range. 

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

naw im saying mane?

Perhaps you didn't, I'll take that back. However I don't think your justification is right still.

It's not great for gaming though... really

A lot of the popular games/series in the top 100 played on steam run quite a bit better on an i5 than they do on an FX

Skyrim, CIV, Total War, GTA, ARMA2/3, DayZ, lots of indies.

And other things like Minecraft and MMOs run much better on i5.

These are games people are actually playing on a day to day basis, not Metro or Black Mesa Source.

And there's more to it than just the CPU cost...

See here:

U.S.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jsYCzy

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker....zy/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($132.98 @ OutletPC)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($26.75 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($75.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $235.72

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 20:17 EST-0500

Vs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/c7WWt6

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker....t6/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($45.98 @ OutletPC) <-- You could even save an additional $10 by going with a motherboard with only 2 DIMM slots, which is all you really need.

Total: $215.97

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-11 17:20 EST-0500

Germany:

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/rzHNP6

Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpick...P6/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€160.82 @ Hardwareversand)

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€42.49 @ Home of Hardware DE)

Total: €203.31

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 01:51 CET+0100

Vs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZhVQD3

Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpick...D3/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  (€124.90 @ Caseking)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (€79.78 @ Hardwareversand)

Total: €204.68

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 01:49 CET+0100

Australia:

Limited selection on PcP

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/WYvZcf

Price breakdown by merchant: http://au.pcpartpick...cf/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($228.00 @ CPL Online)

Motherboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($39.00 @ PLE Computers)

Total: $267.00

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-12 22:47 EST+1100

Vs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/MDtBGX

Price breakdown by merchant: http://au.pcpartpick...GX/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($182.00 @ CPL Online)

Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($129.00 @ CPL Online) <-- Any less expensive motherboards only have 4+1 VRM phase design, which is not adequate.

Total: $311.00

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 11:52 EST+1100

New Zealand:

PCPartPicker part list: http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/fZTrrH

Price breakdown by merchant: http://nz.pcpartpick...rH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($272.00 @ Paradigm PCs)

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.44 @ PB Technologies)

Total: $344.44

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 13:53 NZDT+1300

Vs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/MytJxr

Price breakdown by merchant: http://nz.pcpartpick...xr/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($207.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($149.95 @ Computer Lounge)

Total: $356.95

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 13:52 NZDT+1300

Canada:

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/VCGVFT

Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpick...FT/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($186.96 @ Newegg Canada)

Motherboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Memory Express)

Total: $226.95

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-12 06:52 EST-0500

Vs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZhVQD3

Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpick...D3/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($157.90 @ DirectCanada)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($106.00 @ Vuugo)

Total: $263.90

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-26 19:53 EST-0500

United Kingdom:

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/f39ZZL

Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpick...ZL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£131.20 @ Aria PC)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£32.17 @ Scan.co.uk)

Total: £163.37

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 00:54 GMT+0000

Vs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZhVQD3

Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpick...D3/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  (£103.00 @ Amazon UK)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£63.54 @ Aria PC)

Total: £166.54

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 00:54 GMT+0000

Italy:

PCPartPicker part list: http://it.pcpartpicker.com/p/f39ZZL

Price breakdown by merchant: http://it.pcpartpick...ZL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€173.38 @ Amazon Italia)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€41.17 @ Amazon Italia)

Total: €214.55

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-12 13:03 CET+0100

Vs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://it.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZhVQD3

Price breakdown by merchant: http://it.pcpartpick...D3/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  (€131.67 @ Amazon Italia)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (€87.62 @ Amazon Italia)

Total: €219.29

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 01:55 CET+0100

Spain:

PCPartPicker part list: http://es.pcpartpicker.com/p/f39ZZL

Price breakdown by merchant: http://es.pcpartpick...ZL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€163.00 @ Amazon Espana)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€42.20 @ Amazon Espana)

Total: €205.20

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 01:56 CET+0100

Vs.

PCPartPicker part list: http://es.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZhVQD3

Price breakdown by merchant: http://es.pcpartpick...D3/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  (€130.83 @ Amazon Espana)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (€87.83 @ Amazon Espana)

Total: €218.66

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 01:55 CET+0100

Want to try and find a cheaper option for AMD?  Be my guest.  Here is the AM3+ Motherboard Phasing Guide.  You need at least 6+2, but recommended 8+2.

Well given that I've tested a lot of these chips at all kinds of clock speeds... here's one of my samples in single core:

gOe5eFb.png

And loads more think decent multithreaded performance is a substitute for weak single core performance, likewise- it is not. We need a balance.

And regarding your 2 core part, I agree. I very rarely recommend a G3258 over an i3 or 860K solution because it's honestly not that good an experience in lots of games. Again I've tested these CPUs myself.

If you're on a budget for a CPU 8350 isn't the one you'd buy anyway 6300 or 8320 perhaps, that said- you said 8350 so lets work with that.

i5: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117302&cm_re=4460-_-19-117-302-_-Product

FX: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284&cm_re=fx8350-_-19-113-284-_-Product

10$ saving between i5 and 8350

OK... so lets talk the rest of the platform, motherboards etc

i5 board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128672&cm_re=b85_motherboard-_-13-128-672-_-Product

fx board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873&cm_re=m5a97-_-13-131-873-_-Product

So as you can see that $10 difference is now a $30 difference in Intels favour.

So... FX stock cooler is a bit loud, I got a few of the buggers lying around here, but it works. So I'm not going to add that cost.

Well given Intel's ever increasing IPC lead I've found in multithreaded workloads an i5 is 10% slower than an FX at the same clock... so that's not gonna work out. The main thread in a game is core#0 (hypothetically) if core#0 is a slow pile of poo the game wont run well. 8350 is already long in the tooth (2012), so in the future it's just going to be irrelevant by the time 8 thread apps are commonplace (Which they may never be, some tasks just can't be effectively parallelised/multithreaded.

True, it'll cost you though. The board I linked was for stock operation only, and didn't include a cooler.

To get the best overclocking performance on each platform, here's what you gotta buy:

AMD OC:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($74.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $350.97

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-09 04:10 EST-0500

Intel OC:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($102.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $372.96

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-09 04:12 EST-0500

$20 difference, i5 offers more all round performance.

In this case. An 8350 is overkill as it will perform the same as an i3, FX6300, 860k and a potato chip.

In a lot of popular games that lots of people play the 8350 will tank to 30 (or below) FPS quite often... not too perfect to me! Sure there are some games it'll do well in, but so will the cheaper 6 core offering so 8350 makes no sense.

And we've established there's no real cost saving between i5 and FX.

There are just no scenarios in *gaming* where an 8350 is a wise buy... I'm no fanboy, I've not provided fabricated benchmarks or any of that nonsense. I've had multiple FX CPUs in my home, they work well enough- but from a buyers perspective aren't worth it.

I just want to see people making the right hardware choices and help them do that to get the most out of their money. Currently in 95% of scenarios an Intel i5 solution is better than the AMD in every gaming scenario, and is either the same price, slightly more or slightly cheaper depending on location. So there isn't a justification for recommending the 8350 because "it's still better than a console".

You guys say FX-8350 is not great for gaming. If I upgrade to the i7 (I will soon) how big of a jump I am expecting? Minimum framerate (atleast 60FPS) is important to me.

You guys say FX-8350 is not great for gaming. If I upgrade to the i7 (I will soon) how big of a jump I am expecting? Minimum framerate (atleast 60FPS) is important to me.

That is exactly what you can expect in the vast majority of games.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

DialUpBrainSpeed.

You don't get it.

If you have to buy a $120 motherboard, $100 cooler, and extra $15+ per year on electricity costs just to come within margin of error and still fall behind a locked i5 in games, that is flawed.  Utterly and completely flawed, and even the highest overclocked FX is going to bottleneck high end cards, and not allow you to play certain games that are CPU bound.

Just because it works for you, doesn't mean someone else is going to play just those games you play.  Also, take into account minimum framerates, they are so much lower with FX. 

You cannot use that result from Tek Syndicate, it is the only review in the history of CPU reviews showing the FX outperforming the i5.  Every other credible website has shown the i5 beating FXs, even Linus said in a WAN show awhile back that the result from Tek Syndicate is wrong.  You cannot hang your hat on the only result showing the FX doing better.  It is a scam.  Stop recommending people the FX.

I have no brand loyalty except for say motherboard = Asus, and GPU = EVGA.  Other than that, I will pick the best tool for the job.  Right now, the Intel CPUs are the best tool for the job.  If that changes, I will change my components as I see fit if my performance dictates the need to change.  Until then, the Intel CPUs are the much better option for gaming performance in the mid and high range. 

for anyone looking to buy a new system for gaming yes the intel is the way to go...for anyone on the amd route the 8350 is not bad. it will play every single game made,maybe not as good as some intels, but it still gets the job done.  if someone were to upgrade from something like a i5 750, the 8350 would be a huge upgrade but yes 4690k would be a much better upgrade

I COULD HAVE GOT A 4690K FOR 30 MORE DOLLARS THAN THE PRICE I PAID FOR MY 8320.

I HATE MY 8320 BECAUSE IT'S A DEAD PLATFORM