Why is there a constant flame war on this thread?

QuadNine

My understanding is this: 1 software thread works on 1 hardware thread in normal circumstances, as more hardware threads are added that 1 software thread keeps working on the 1 hardware thread. As you have more hardware threads available you can run more software threads simultaneously. However if you have 1 hardware thread and add more than 1 software thread the overall execution speed of each thread decreases.

He's talking about a single software thread, not about multiple. He says it scales the best on a single hardware thread, not much of a point saying it scales the best on a single hardware thread if it can only use one hardware thread.

Yep, a single software thread only scales well on a single hardware thread. Try running five heavy threads on a single hardware thread.

Anything else you want to discuss to make yourself look even more ignorant?

P.S. I explained this to Faa with completion ports in my original post.  :D

Told you to not backpedal, no need to.

He's talking about a single software thread, not about multiple. He says it scales the best on a single hardware thread, not much of a point saying it scales the best on a single hardware thread if it can only use one hardware thread.

Told you to not backpedal, no need to.

Let's try quoting the whole post regarding that statement.

A single software thread only scales well on a single hardware thread. This is why it's better to use completion ports than it is to thread every single socket of a server. You'll easily degrade CPU performance by executing more software threads than there is cores (hardware threads). 

You're making this too easy for me ;)

Let's try quoting the whole post regarding that statement.

You're making this too easy for me ;)

Still saying "a single software thread only scales well on a single hardware thread." Nothing changes.

i've done this upgrade months ago mate!..there is no reasons to wait the haswell i7 processors are so fast and strong that they will very likely play games on maximum details settings when paired with high end graphics cards for the next 3 to 5 years easily.

Dammit I don't have the money to afford one right now so I am planning to water cool my PC instead in the meantime.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Dammit I don't have the money to afford one right now so I am planning to water cool my PC instead in the meantime.

Bro: you really need to wait for Windows 10, which includes DirectX12.....

There's actually a good chance the FX will gain a 30-40% performance increase due to the nature of said DirectX12 (graphical processes etc being spread over multiple cores as opposed to them just being carried out on core 0, which is what DirectX11 does).

Also, over on Tek Syndicate forums, there's a few lads saying they went from the 8350 to the I7, but wish they hadn't bothered as the performance increase was tiny.

Bro: you really need to wait for Windows 10, which includes DirectX12.....

There's actually a good chance the FX will gain a 30-40% performance increase due to the nature of said DirectX12 (graphical processes etc being spread over multiple cores as opposed to them just being carried out on core 0, which is what DirectX11 does).

Also, over on Tek Syndicate forums, there's a few lads saying they went from the 8350 to the I7, but wish they hadn't bothered as the performance increase was tiny.

I said I don't just do gaming....

Autodesk Maya,  UDK...

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

This is where you always confuse me, because in those types of applications, the FX 8350's 8 cores perform brilliantly; better then I5's and some I7's. Those programmes are made for multiple cores.

Also, DirectX12 might not just affect games. It might boost productivity stuff as well.

I said I don't just do gaming....

Autodesk Maya, UDK...

This is where you always confuse me, because in those types of applications, the FX 8350's 8 cores perform brilliantly; better then I5's and some I7's. Those programmes are made for multiple cores.

Benchmarks?

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I have none, I admit.

Then stfu because all you do is spew opinion and conjecture with nothing to back it up.

We have continually provided you evidence in the form of benchmarks from multiple online reviews are showing the same thing, yet you can't produce a single credible one to back up your opinions.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Also, DirectX12 might not just affect games. It might boost productivity stuff as well.

I don't believe the 8 weak cores of FX-8350 would be better than i7's 4 cores. We are talking about the FX-8350 which has cores weaker than i3.

I have none, I admit.

A guy on Logans forum is begging Logan to make some new AMD vs Intel video's since he's aware of Logan being the only guy who ever showed AMD > Intel. Logan by himself even says;

X70kaIz.png

What now? You're on your own now. Logan tricked you, that 200$ you paid probably 10$ of that went to Logan. Well played

Why hasn't this thread been locked yet?

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

A guy on Logans forum is begging Logan to make some new AMD vs Intel video's since he's aware of Logan being the only guy who ever showed AMD > Intel. Logan by himself even says;

X70kaIz.png

What now? You're on your own now. Logan tricked you, that 200$ you paid probably 10$ of that went to Logan. Well played

Woooow.

What a cop out, and entirely untrue.  We've shown the i3s and i5s costing less as a whole.  Can't go off price of processor alone.

I bet there is a lot of backlash on that forum going on right now.  What a sack of crap.

The guy was basically placed on the map because of that controversial/false video he made, and now he wont go back and re do it?  Probably because he knows it is fabricated, yea, I'm going to go with that considering every. single. source on the internet shows the Intel i3s and i5s outperforming FX8s.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Even Linus disregarded his benchmarks and all the Tek Syndicate fans lashed out at Linus on his twitter. Hell, just look at the forum post on Teksyndicate's website from two years ago.

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/cpu/linus-dismisses-tek-syndicate-i5-3570k-vs-8350-claims/131043

http://youtu.be/UHkDRzxekVM?t=23m57s

u5SKOVa.png

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Then stfu because all you do is spew opinion and conjecture with nothing to back it up.

We have continually provided you evidence in the form of benchmarks from multiple online reviews are showing the same thing, yet you can't produce a single credible one to back up your opinions.

You're by far the most prolific, serial anti-AMD extremist in the forum.

Can we please close this thread?

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Woooow.

What a cop out, and entirely untrue. We've shown the i3s and i5s costing less as a whole. Can't go off price of processor alone.

I bet there is a lot of backlash on that forum going on right now. What a sack of crap.

The guy was basically placed on the map because of that controversial/false video he made, and now he wont go back and re do it? Probably because he knows it is fabricated, yea, I'm going to go with that considering every. single. source on the internet shows the Intel i3s and i5s outperforming FX8s.

Do you realise how daft you sound when you say the dual core I3's outperforms the FX 8350?

Logan is the only source I seen the FX-8350 is superior or on par with Intel counterparts. To be honest I watched his videos and he "helped" into my decision of purchasing the FX-8350 because I didn't know better. I haven't build any PC at the time. Hell I never heard of AMD until Battlefield 4 mentioned it and Logan.

Woooow.

What a cop out, and entirely untrue.  We've shown the i3s and i5s costing less as a whole.  Can't go off price of processor alone.

I bet there is a lot of backlash on that forum going on right now.  What a sack of crap.

The guy was basically placed on the map because of that controversial/false video he made, and now he wont go back and re do it?  Probably because he knows it is fabricated, yea, I'm going to go with that considering every. single. source on the internet shows the Intel i3s and i5s outperforming FX8s.

I'm not always sure about the 'need' of an expensive mobo for high powered cpus. I'm going to be testing this theory myself as soon as I have my X5450 and its liquid cooler, but I have seen instances of a P5K VM hitting 1.4-1.5V on its non-cooled 3+1 phase vrm, and the systems were completely stable. If it all pans out I will more than likely have the Xeon using a similar amount of power to an FX 8350 on 3+1 phase, which most people won't go near if they have an FX 8350 at stock speeds or OCd.

Edit: this is about overall cost of the mobo btw, its kind of hard to compare prices of a $1000 cpu to a sub $200 one.

*Edit2: I will also be testing the 'GPU' bottleneck theory once I have an active northbridge cooler, playing Destiny 2 at high settings and with the CPU underclocked to 2.6GHz still causes the northbridge to over heat (I know this because the game starts stuttering all of a sudden, my wifi and usb3.0 cards stop working, and my northbridge is way too hot to touch).

*after first like

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Do you realise how daft you sound when you say the dual core I3's outperforms the FX 8350?

They do (in many games)... Just take one look at the benchmarks he linked and you'll see the results. No need to make this an opinionated debate when there's plenty of factual evidence.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Are you about that?

d1b73da9_http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-sto

These are some of many.
I am also an owner of FX-8350 (see my sig) and my performance in many games, particularly older games, seems to be poor.

I am not trying to sound like a mean person, but I really hate my FX-8350 right now so when I see people recommending the FX-8350 to others I get pissed off because that is how I got a FX-8350 in the first place - forum posts and paid advertisement from game companies.

EDIT:

Per thread an FX 8350 gets outperformed by a core 2 duo at the same clock speeds, that's old news.

Not sure about games but it does in many applications.

Are you about that?

These are some of many.
I am also an owner of FX-8350 (see my sig) and my performance in many games, particularly older games, seems to be poor.

Per thread an FX 8350 gets outperformed by a core 2 duo at the same clock speeds, that's old news.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

-snip-

I only have $400 right now is it worth it to switch to i5?

No, wait until you can get the 4790k for the work you do. 

Do you by any chance have a Microcenter near you? 

RIP in pepperonis m8s