Flow order quickie

Got a question about the flow of the loop. Besides the fact the pump should ALWAYS be directly fed by the reservoir, does the flow order of the loop otherwise matter ? (ie should the pump feed to the CPU block, then in to the radiator, etc)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

You are correct about the reservoir

The order of the components usually doesn't make a difference to performance. Just do whatever looks / works best for you

^^^ As above - just try and keep things nice and tidy. If you ran it in "optimal" versus a "non-optimal" you might notice, maybe, a 1 degree difference. And who's to say which would be which. :) The fluid is moved so quickly through a loop, it doesn't really matter. The delta difference between the hotest and coldest part of your loop may only actually be a few degrees itself.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

The coolant will heat up a bit at each GPU and CPU block, but it's not by all that much. Unless you are incredibly anal about performance, you should not have an issue with loop order, aside from the res above the pump.

Loop order doesn't matter unless your after the absolute lowest temps, just do whatever looks best and has the smallest amount of tubing necessary.

Coolermaster HAF-X, i5-3570k@4.3Ghz, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, Sapphire HD7870@1150Mhz, G.Skill Ripjaws 12GB 1600Mhz, Silverstone Strider Plus 750W, OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit

Its technically better to go:

Block -> Rad -> Block -> Res -> Pump

But as others said the temp difference are minute.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Ok thanks for the answers, been planing this for more then 8 months, wanted to work out as many of the little details before I start building

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

As Linus said in one of his vids, loop order does not matter (aside from res > pump) because when the temperature of the water finds the equilibrium point, the difference in temp of the water won't be more than 0.1*C between 2 parts of the loop. I don't know how true this is but it does seem logical as the water moves fairly quickly throughout the loop.

4670k @ 4.3GHz w/ Deepcool Lucifer | ASRock z97e-itx/ac | 2x4GB G Skill Ares | MSI TFiii HD 7870 @ 1150/1450| OCZ Vertex 4 128GB + 1TB | Bitfenix Prodigy Black | Antec TP-650C