Looking to Solution to replace Onboard Audio

CJHGunner

Ok so I recently moved from my old Logitech G430s to a shiny new pair of HyperX Cloud headphones. This change means I have moved of a USB solution and I am now left with audio jacks. This is not an issue because overall it is a great improvement over my old headphones. The issue is I am using a board with basic Realtek Audio you get on most non gaming boards. I was wondering if anyone had some good suggestion for a sound card or even external solution. I just want something that for less then £100 that could greatly remove static noise and better amplify audio and improve the overall quality.

I5 4690k, EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence (Blue), Seagate 3TB & Western Digital 500GB HDD's, San Disk Ultra II 120GB SSD, Novatech Gold Series 850w PSU

Ok so I recently moved from my old Logitech G430s to a shiny new pair of HyperX Cloud headphones. This change means I have moved of a USB solution and I am now left with audio jacks. This is not an issue because overall it is a great improvement over my old headphones. The issue is I am using a board with basic Realtek Audio you get on most non gaming boards. I was wondering if anyone had some good suggestion for a sound card or even external solution. I just want something that for less then £100 that could greatly remove static noise and better amplify audio and improve the overall quality.

tbh you'll get a lot better answers here http://www.head-fi.org/f/

"Rawr XD"

If static noises is a problem, go with an external solution. Go with E10k suggested above, or if you have more budget, maybe get something with tubes, just for the change of pace (from solid state devices)

tbh you'll get a lot better answers here http://www.head-fi.org/f/

I agree, the solution to this thread is obviously a $500+ amp + DAC, possibly with tubes and rice paper wrapped around the cable terminations.

tbh you'll get a lot better answers here http://www.head-fi.org/f/

Yes point him to the place that will tell him to waste money when it doesn't matter.

OP you don't need anything to replace your onboard unless it's broken or has interference. If you have static then you could go for a FiiO E10k or a monoprice dac/amp. You might be able to find used fiio e10 (non k) for cheap used.

I have been busy over new years and getting ready to go back into University so sorry for such a late reply. But cheers for the suggestion I will give it a look and see if I can get it for a nice price over here in the UK. And I appriciate the link to the forum but I dont want to pay twice the price of my GPU just for the sake of "Perfect audio" which is subjective :P I just need something to replace Realtek HD audio for less then £100.

EDIT: I also need it to have a 3.5mm jack for a Mic if possible as well and the E10-k is missing this. I get static quite badly through the Mic plus the Amplification on the Mic is poor at best as Realtek decicdes I need it in increments of 10db which is annoying. And I get a largely unnotiable static on my headphones unless I am listening to the Line in at the rear of my PC that I use to output the sound of my PS3 into the headset attached to my PC (Which works a treat minus the static which is really bad on the onboard)

I5 4690k, EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence (Blue), Seagate 3TB & Western Digital 500GB HDD's, San Disk Ultra II 120GB SSD, Novatech Gold Series 850w PSU

I have been busy over new years and getting ready to go back into University so sorry for such a late reply. But cheers for the suggestion I will give it a look and see if I can get it for a nice price over here in the UK. And I appriciate the link to the forum but I dont want to pay twice the price of my GPU just for the sake of "Perfect audio" which is subjective :P I just need something to replace Realtek HD audio for less then £100.

EDIT: I also need it to have a 3.5mm jack for a Mic if possible as well and the E10-k is missing this. I get static quite badly through the Mic plus the Amplification on the Mic is poor at best as Realtek decicdes I need it in increments of 10db which is annoying. And I get a largely unnotiable static on my headphones unless I am listening to the Line in at the rear of my PC that I use to output the sound of my PS3 into the headset attached to my PC (Which works a treat minus the static which is really bad on the onboard)

Syba dac/amp then.