UK/Aria PC XFX 7970 £160

MLG Doge

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

7970 Crossfire beats the 980, so pretty good deal imo

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I remember XFX being a horrible manufacturer during the 7000 series

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

I remember XFX being a horrible manufacturer during the 7000 series

^^^This

XFX was terrible during the 7000 series so I would not use this deal

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they were super loud and pretty meh quality

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

7970 Crossfire beats the 980, so pretty good deal imo

By like 20% but you get stuttering n stuff.. If you can afford 2x 7970 just get a 970/290x and keep the extra money. Yeah, it's less performance but nty to stuttering + overly hot room. If it was like 40%+ or more than yeah sure but it's not ;o.

By like 20% but you get stuttering n stuff.. If you can afford 2x 7970 just get a 970/290x and keep the extra money. Yeah, it's less performance but nty to stuttering + overly hot room. If it was like 40%+ or more than yeah sure but it's not ;o.

there's no stuttering

dont listen to these negative nancy's. I never ever had a problem with any XFX card and I been with them since the 5000 series all the way to the 280X. each worked great, never over heated, and life time warrenty if they broke.

Drivers have updated, and just because someone says something doesn't mean its true.

I have two 280x's in crossfire and I can say that I have no issues like micro stuttering. The only potential problem is that the cards are a little hot when playing a game like Crysis 3 or something. Obviously you are going to run into a few games that have issues with crossfire but most issues have been fixed by driver updates

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Drivers have updated, and just because someone says something doesn't mean its true.

I have two 280x's in crossfire and I can say that I have no issues like micro stuttering. The only potential problem is that the cards are a little hot when playing a game like Crysis 3 or something. Obviously you are going to run into a few games that have issues with crossfire but most issues have been fixed by driver updates

It's common knowledge, all CF/SLI builds have issues when it comes to microstuttering, frame rate drops and poor adoption in certain games (i.e. watch dogs). CF/SLI is good don't get me wrong but if you think it doesn't have issues then I can't really say anything else. It's been an ongoing issue since SLI/CF existed..

It's common knowledge, all CF/SLI builds have issues when it comes to microstuttering, frame rate drops and poor adoption in certain games (i.e. watch dogs). CF/SLI is good don't get me wrong but if you think it doesn't have issues then I can't really say anything else. It's been an ongoing issue since SLI/CF existed..

Most of the people who say that have no experience. Ever since my first computer, all of my builds have used either SLI or CF, and the only issue I ever had was compatibility.

I have a 7970 and it's still an awesome card, it didn't let me down yet  :D

Though XFX...

Most of the people who say that have no experience. Ever since my first computer, all of my builds have used either SLI or CF, and the only issue I ever had was compatibility.

OK, w.e. you say.

But have you every experienced a SLi or XFire setup? I get 40FPS with one GTX 660 BF4 ultra @1080p and the second card boosts that to at least 80FPS. That's perfect scaling. Nearly all big titles have good SLi/XFire support anyway. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

But have you every experienced a SLi or XFire setup? I get 40FPS with one GTX 660 BF4 ultra @1080p and the second card boosts that to at least 80FPS. That's perfect scaling. Nearly all big titles have good SLi/XFire support anyway. 

I have, I had nothing but problems (sli 580's + it didn't work well for me cus of 1.5gb vRAM which is why I upgraded to a 290x at the time). I'm really skeptical to believe you (even when I briefly looked it up to see if your figures sounded somewhat correct people I come across complaints lol http://prntscr.com/5me8xc)%C2'> anyways my previous post was me saying I'm done. SLI/CF does give you good performance gains in most games but it does give you issues, if you are going to try and convince me otherwise my ears are shut (if that's a saying) and their is no point in continuing arguing with each other.

I have, I had nothing but problems (sli 580's + it didn't work well for me cus of 1.5gb vRAM which is why I upgraded to a 290x at the time). I'm really skeptical to believe you (even when I briefly looked it up to see if your figures sounded somewhat correct people I come across complaints lol anyways my previous post was me saying I'm done. SLI/CF does give you good performance gains in most games but it does give you issues, if you are going to try and convince me otherwise my ears are shut (if that's a saying) and their is no point in continuing arguing with each other.

I do get good results by using the older drivers though. and the CPU overclock helps a good bit as well. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

XFX?

I don't care how cheap it is...Not happening

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I have the crossfire literally set up right now... I have played plenty of games and you are still trying to tell me that I am wrong.. when I have the exact setup...

You also quote a game like watch dogs which was optimized terribly for pc in the first place, even if you weren't using crossfire/sli. It sounds to me like you have no experience in crossfire and needs to learn the idea of progression.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Micro-stutter on crossfire hasn't been an issue is well over a year now...i can tell you first hand of that....

XFX i have no opinion of them, but for £160 you can get a GHZ edition on Ebay....used of course....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Meh, it's not a bad offer, but Amazon are selling open-box 280x's for as low as £140:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00FL8H57W/ref=sr_1_5_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1419949973&sr=8-5&keywords=r9+280x&condition=used

Holy shiet :0

that fits right into my price bracket.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

im running a 7950/7970, both overclocked. and it doesnt stutter. so anyone who says crossfire stutters hasnt tried it recently, and any post that complains about microstuttering is now over a year old. so would recommend this card, but you can get them used even cheaper.