Microsoft rethinking there DRM policy's, CONFIRMED

I have a feeling microsoft did the whole "always online" thing just so they can drop it, and have people be like "oh, microsoft is doing the right thing". 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Unless they make it so that the kinect doesn't have to be connected and always monitoring the console is unapplealing to me even if I was a console gamer which I'm not. If I had to buy a console it would have to be the Wii U because of games(as you can see I have the same opinion as Slick in the subject of consoles).

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

I still prefer the PS4 simply due to the price, 500 Euro is way too much for me, even if I would split the cost with my brother. 

I have a feeling microsoft did the whole "always online" thing just so they can drop it, and have people be like "oh, microsoft is doing the right thing". 

I doubt it. The bad PR has already spread waaay too much. I doubt that this change can save their bad reputation.

What's stopping microsoft from putting it back in? I mean after all it does say on the xbox website that the backtracking on DRM policies is ''subject to change at any time''.

I don't want an Xbox One, not because of the DRM or the used game policy, but because of the Kinect, I don't want it in my room watching me 24/7 it would make me feel uncomfortable.

As as result, these changes while great for a lot of people and I'm happy they got what they wanted and voted with their wallets in the presales/caused a PR shitstorm, unfortunately it doesn't help me at all.

I don't want an Xbox One, not because of the DRM or the used game policy, but because of the Kinect, I don't want it in my room watching me 24/7 it would make me feel uncomfortable.

As as result, these changes while great for a lot of people and I'm happy they got what they wanted and voted with their wallets in the presales/caused a PR shitstorm, unfortunately it doesn't help me at all.

Well what bothers me is that it has to come with the console when it really should be what it is a addon device. On my pc if I want a webcam I buy one why not here.

Angry Joe's coverage:

"You f*****g idiots! Part 3!"

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

What's stopping microsoft from putting it back in? I mean after all it does say on the xbox website that the backtracking on DRM policies is ''subject to change at any time''.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is what has me worried. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up changing it back to what it was. But to be fair, Sony could do the same I would imagine.

Angry Joe's coverage:

"You f*****g idiots! Part 3!"

I love angry joe, so awesome,

So 'we' (I certainly use the term loosely because I'm not bothered myself) called for this change and yet, all I have seen lots of articles/opinions popping up is how its now just become the Xbox 361 or whatever other incremental name you can come up with.

Strange. I think they should've stuck through it, I mean I have console gamer friends and they notice absolutely no change in graphics (Pisses me off so much when they say PC looks the same) so it's not like they would even care to upgrade other than Xbox One only games, or for the TV TV Sports Call of Duty fish.

But that's the way of things in our world,

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.. way to go Microsoft, now everyone dislikes you more but at least they'll actually consider buying the thing now.  :P

I love the part at 2:21 Microsoft really look like a sore loser

and it's so uneasy that they have the we can do what the fuck we want  in the terms and agreements XD

and they are gonna trap ppl with the Cloud  like sim city did ..

also they only changed it cos of the lack of preorders compared to ps4.

Wow, I'm just a week gone and a lot of things happen in the internetz. :)

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Wow, I'm just a week gone and a lot of things happen in things happen in the internetz. :)

1week in real life = 1month in Tech life, man...   :lol:

Has anyone read the blog post of one of the xbox one devs? it's pretty interesting: http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

I want to bring up a quote from it, where he explains what the family share function was meant to be:

First is family sharing, this feature is near and dear to me and I truly felt it would have helped the industry grow and make both gamers and developers happy. The premise is simple and elegant, when you buy your games for Xbox One, you can set any of them to be part of your shared library. Anyone who you deem to be family had access to these games regardless of where they are in the world. There was never any catch to that, they didn’t have to share the same billing address or physical address it could be anyone. When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour.

Well, even this feature was going to turn differently from how the users perceived it, many are doing a pretty big deal about it and it was just a demo sharing functionality.

So 'we' (I certainly use the term loosely because I'm not bothered myself) called for this change and yet, all I have seen lots of articles/opinions popping up is how its now just become the Xbox 361 or whatever other incremental name you can come up with.

Strange. I think they should've stuck through it, I mean I have console gamer friends and they notice absolutely no change in graphics (Pisses me off so much when they say PC looks the same) so it's not like they would even care to upgrade other than Xbox One only games, or for the TV TV Sports Call of Duty fish.

But that's the way of things in our world,

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.. way to go Microsoft, now everyone dislikes you more but at least they'll actually consider buying the thing now.  :P

It's funny that the people that didn't want it in the first place still don't want it, but the people who actually liked the features don't want it now because they got rid of it! I would have liked them to stick through it and see how many people were actually interested in that type of a system on a console, but then, why not just go PC gaming? You can hook your PC up to your TV and use a controller, you could also run emulators. I don't see what the big deal is with building a PC. It's 2013, not 1996 anymore, the information is out there and it's easy to learn.

1week in real life = 1month in Tech life, man...   :lol:

You don't even know how right you are...

Has anyone read the blog post of one of the xbox one devs? it's pretty interesting: http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

I want to bring up a quote from it, where he explains what the family share function was meant to be:

Well, even this feature was going to turn differently from how the users perceived it, many are doing a pretty big deal about it and it was just a demo sharing functionality.

I read the pastebin. None of it is official, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was entirely true. Imagine how many people would be pissed if Microsoft didn't even explain it until the console released? People would be returning it day one I imagine!