Microsoft rethinking there DRM policy's, CONFIRMED

So have they changed the used game thing or is that still the same?

It's the same as the 360 now.

Unfortunately, the damage is already done.  I was speaking to a Gamestop rep a few days ago and he said that they were seeing PS4 preorders outnumber Xbox One preorders 4 to 1.  Granted this was before the annoucement but many gamers have already made their decisions based off of E3. 

Still plenty of time until November.

awww, you posted this 6 minutes before me =( I'm a slow typer =/. I'll report my thread.

No prob man, this kind of news deserved 2 posts to start ;p

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN! Now consumers must make their way into talking about day one DLC, DRM....EA.

Now all Xbox One has to do is sell the console without Kinect for $399. $350 for risky profits :P

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

maybe the saw the post where i told them to listen lol or not but either way ... they have still done some damage however they would sell much more now 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

That DRM was ridiculous to begin with, if someone pay`s for a game who the hell can tell them he can`t give the game to little brother or friend......i mean you payed the damn thing it`s not like you are gonna profit on their intelectual property !

But then again year after year we see more and more bad games comming (half baked, half done, with poor story) and prices rising followed by restrictions.

But there is one bigger problem then game DRM, if they continue to force that "all seeing eye" from Xbox One, i don`t know about you guys but i don`t like to be observed like a lab rat whenever i do something, this should be a choice (with on off switch) some people do like their privacy and personal "monkey" buissnes to stay private !!!

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN! Now consumers must make their way into talking about day one DLC, DRM....EA.

Now all Xbox One has to do is sell the console without Kinect for $399. $350 for risky profits 

I dont understand, what has EA to do with this, they are getting back on track so why EA?

They say'd so before and then they lied, and now they probably lieng also.

this won't change a thing.

said* lying*

The reason that they changed it is because of the negative response from everybody on their DRM policy. I'm sure the XBOne will now be favored by many people because these restrictions are no longer in place, and therefore, since people will be happy and buy the product, Microsoft will not change the policy again.

post-8737-0-35516200-1371678203.gif

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Has to be embarrassing to go 5 months with this policy, and then suddenly drop it.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

That DRM was ridiculous to begin with, if someone pay`s for a game who the hell can tell them he can`t give the game to little brother or friend......i mean you payed the damn thing it`s not like you are gonna profit on their intelectual property !

But then again year after year we see more and more bad games comming (half baked, half done, with poor story) and prices rising followed by restrictions.

But there is one bigger problem then game DRM, if they continue to force that "all seeing eye" from Xbox One, i don`t know about you guys but i don`t like to be observed like a lab rat whenever i do something, this should be a choice (with on off switch) some people do like their privacy and personal "monkey" buissnes to stay private !!!

I believe you are able to turn off the kinect, but you are not able to disconnect it. I may be wrong, but I think a Microsoft rep said that you can turn it off like you can turn off Wi-Fi on your phone. You can power it off, but you can't disconnect it.

I believe you are able to turn off the kinect, but you are not able to disconnect it. I may be wrong, but I think a Microsoft rep said that you can turn it off like you can turn off Wi-Fi on your phone. You can power it off, but you can't disconnect it.

I guess that`s better then nothing, i was watching Logan he made a nice rant about that feature, of course we will not know how the console is behaving until someone get`s hands on it.

My good buddy is die hard Sony PS guy, me not so much....anyway i was looking into consoles solely to have something when people come by, i really don`t like people messing with my PC (it`s called PERSONAL for a reason :P ) !

They still need to back off with the Kinect thing.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

It certainly makes the choice between the Xbox One and the PS4 a bit trickier now but I have a feeling this decision doesn't make MS look better as a company. I mean you can't say that you are "listening to the feedback" when people are bashing your strategy for being completely idiotic and self-destructive. Overall I'd say this is a step in the right direction for the Xbox One though it is in a way an expression of Microsoft admitting that Sony got it right with avoiding DRM on their PS4, to me that is what this decision says "look, we know we got it wrong but at least we're trying to fix it"

Unfortunately, the damage is already done.  I was speaking to a Gamestop rep a few days ago and he said that they were seeing PS4 preorders outnumber Xbox One preorders 4 to 1.  Granted this was before the annoucement but many gamers have already made their decisions based off of E3. 

People can easily cancel their pre-orders.

but if you need to be online to play it anyways cos "some data is done in the cloud"  and then sync to your xbox 

and its prolly not cos of the user's or fans but big stores like Gamestop etc 

Microsoft made it pretty clear that they "only" care about the cooperation 

also the DRM system is already build in to the xbox so down the line when ppl have bought the system  they could just switch it on..

tho if you are always online and don't care I would just go for what ever have the best exclusives 

Wait a second, on the AJ interview  Major Nelson said that DRM and Always Online are necessary for the future and the Xbox one was built from the ground up with these features?? 

What happened now microsoft?

I really gotta hand to Sony, cuz if they didn't support used games we would be fucked now 

They have said that you can turn it off, by unplugging the whole Xbox from the wall. That's how you power it off. If your Xbox is plugged in, then your Kinect will be listening to everything it can (even if your Xbox is powered off, the mic will still be turned on).

Anyway, now if they just lower the price, and increase the specs, then maybe it will be able to complete with the Playstation 4, maybe.

Wait a second, on the AJ interview  Major Nelson said that DRM and Always Online are necessary for the future and the Xbox one was built from the ground up with these features?? 

I really gotta hand to Sony, cuz if they didn't support used games we would be fucked now 

They have time until the November launch. They probably had a Plan B all along. Shame though, they had an interesting vision for the future.

They have said that you can turn it off, by unplugging the whole Xbox from the wall. That's how you power it off. If your Xbox is plugged in, then your Kinect will be listening to everything it can (even if your Xbox is powered off, the mic will still be turned on).

Anyway, now if they just lower the price, and increase the specs, then maybe it will be able to complete with the Playstation 4, maybe.

I think you can set it turn off, but you can't disconnect it while the Xbox is on, since you need it to function.

PC's. :|

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.