new LTT logo c: (updated)

you should have a idc choice

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

first generation LLT logo is the BEST !

first gens are always the best -has a first gen iphone- (not really) 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

first gens are always the best -has a first gen iphone- (not really) 

I love the font but if they get rid of the hideous red and bring back the yellow from the original then it should look really nice.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Still like the charm of the old one. Poor legacy LTT logo

This is only a test

As someone mildly into typography/logos, this is driving me slightly nuts.

To start with, the logo needs yellowfying for this forum. I decided to make it the same gradient as the old logo for shits'n'giggles, but either way the strange orange-red is a terrible colour, especially on top of the blue of this forum, but even elsewhere it's not particularly pretty. If you're going to go for red, go for straight-up red.

jyZ68Dk.png

We are working on branding still - we are currently looking into designing a logo to go along with the name to make it more unique but the generally minimalistic style is here to stay! I won't remove the old image files off the server so if you guys wish to force the old logo i never saw anything ^_^

More minimalism is great, but the typeface doesn't carry the character/identity of "Linus". As Ghost says, it lacks the playfulness that "Linus" entails (be it the person, the forum or the media group). It's cold.

These would seem more..."Linusy"...

brjJfXj.png

Even more minimalist, but a bit friendlier...a bit less corporate and straight-laced. Personally I prefer the middle one...

N6jkJy0.png

Or as the forum logo...

p7jfvxH.png

brjJfXj.png

I love the font on the first logo but needs to have a yellow 'tech'

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

This is just getting silly. There needs to be some kind of contest to put this to rest.

This is just getting silly. There needs to be some kind of contest to put this to rest.

It isn't our decision to choose, we'll have to wait for Linus and Slick to finish the final version

It isn't our decision to choose, we'll have to wait for Linus and Slick to finish the final version

Duh. I know that even if there is a contest not everyone will be happy with the end result. Such is life. But that still doesn't mean we can't have one. I have a feeling that there's someone among us who can kick out better logos/banners than Linus or Slick could ever do. And I say this because I've yet to see any type of graphic that was made them. Except for that banner with the twitter names that Linus made in paint for his live streams. ...That's another banner that needs revamping. o_o

But anyway, I'm sure Linus has B-roll and Dezel for a reason. And that's to make neat video effects and graphics and he doesn't really need any of us to make logos n stuff for them.

RDHBCUW.png

I really like that, just hope Linus and Slick likes it too lol

I have a feeling that there's someone among us who can kick out better logos/banners than Linus or Slick could ever do.

mF05wcH.png

:unsure:

The new logo fits the video intros better; but sticks out unpleasantly on the blue background of the forum header... and (my personal opinion) I liked the old one better  :unsure:

I like the new logo :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Like the new look. Looks clean and professional.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

Like the new look. Loos clean and professional.

more like "wanna-be professional" ^^

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

It actually might change again yeah - sorry man im just testing to see what fits the site best - next change will likely be width and a brighter orange

dude, that's what photoshop is for... :P

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Yes, BUT! That orange/red looks a little harsh on the blue

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Yes, BUT! That orange/red looks a little harsh on the blue

A lighter orange would be better imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I think it would help if there was more stuff around the logo.  Like in the Computex videos where you have little airplane silhouettes around the text, as well as the little slogan underneath.

Maybe a silhouette of a GPU and a keyboard or something along those lines would work well, and maybe "unboxings, reviews, and other computer videos" as the slogan.

Just throwing things out there.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I dislike the new one because it is too flat and just feels liike a sterile, generic logo that some sort of PR firm / law firm / insurance company would use.