324 FPS ? how?

OCing Noob

Hi

First of all i'm totally new to PC gaming(3D) may be i'm totally wrong or understaning it wrong so i'm asking PC gamers.

i always heard about 60FPS or 120FPS  in Games on highest settgings on 1080p.

on youtube there are alot of videos where guys with way better GPUs Way better CPUs and RAM are not getting more then 80or tops 111 FPS as i seen on the same game where i'm getting too high fps on highest setting in the same game

i'm Playing Call of duty modern warfare now and i have a 60 inch 3D tv my computer is connected to that with 3D on i'm getting 150-165 FPS avg.with active 3D glasses on . without that i'm getting 324 FPS tops as i saw that my friend said it hits the 417FPS sometimes in game play where i was not looking at the corner and playing it.

i don't have a high end rig its just an avg.rig

Asus Maximus VII ranger

Core i5 4690K (OC 4.5ghz)

Corsair Ven.8GB (OC 1800mhz)

Asus R9 270 (Stock)

Even if 60FPS is an avg. even then i'm getting too high then guys having way better Mid to high range rig where i have Low to hardly Mid range rig as i think of it.

Plz advise where i'm wrong coz i don't know any tech thing now.

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

Have you gone into the setting and set the graphic quality to the highest. What about the Resolution, make sure it is set to 1920x1080.

Although COD isnt a particuarly demanding game to my knowledge. I haven't played it myself so I can't really be too sure of the expected frame rate.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

What resolution and settings?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Modern Warfare is not a demanding game. My shitty ass laptop which I tried running BF3 (got 2-3 fps on absolute lowest) got a solid 60 fps on mid to high settings. Not that surprising. As others said, make sure you're running on the absolute highest settings though.

In all probability the guys on YouTube have Vsync enabled (vertical sync) which matches your screens refresh rate.

Most screens go to 60 hertz, thus 60 fps is the most they can display, and you can't physically see beyond that because the panel in the screen doesn't support it so anything beyond 60 fps is useless. There are also 120 hz screens which show up to 120 fps and 144 hz screens which show up to 144 fps. On those screens you can see the fps increase up to 120 or 144 fps, but higher than that and you won't be able to see it, just like the 60hz.

Vertical sync matches the fps to your screens hz so that the game is 'locked' on that fps, even if it can go higher, it doesn't have any use, since you can't see it anyway.

Complains because fps too high.......

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

In all probability the guys on YouTube have Vsync enabled (vertical sync) which matches your screens refresh rate.

Most screens go to 60 hertz, thus 60 fps is the most they can display, and you can't physically see beyond that because the panel in the screen doesn't support it so anything beyond 60 fps is useless. There are also 120 hz screens which show up to 120 fps and 144 hz screens which show up to 144 fps. On those screens you can see the fps increase up to 120 or 144 fps, but higher then that and you won't be able to see it, just like the 60hz.

Vertical sync matches the fps to your screens hz so that the game is 'locked' on that fps, even if it can go higher, it doesn't have any use, since you can't see it anyway.

Modern Warfare is not a demanding game. My shitty ass laptop which I tried running BF3 (got 2-3 fps on absolute lowest) got a solid 60 fps on mid to high settings. Not that surprising. As others said, make sure you're running on the absolute highest settings though.

What resolution and settings?

Have you gone into the setting and set the graphic quality to the highest. What about the Resolution, make sure it is set to 1920x1080.

Although COD isnt a particuarly demanding game to my knowledge. I haven't played it myself so I can't really be too sure of the expected frame rate.

Dude, call of duty runs on a toaster..

V sync is on . resolution is 1920x1080 , everything is on Highest . ok COD is not demanding what about BF4 i'm getting 102 3D on 179FPS 3D off.? AC. Black flag. 141FPS 3D on 221FPS 3D off. ultra , hightest  settings

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

V sync is on . resolution is 1920x1080 , everything is on Highest . ok COD is not demanding what about BF4 i'm getting 102 3D on 179FPS 3D off.? AC. Black flag. 141FPS 3D on 221FPS 3D off. ultra , hightest  settings

What are you using for these readings? You shouldn't be getting more than 60FPS with VSync on.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

First world problems

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

What program are you using to monitor FPS  ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What are you using for these readings? You shouldn't be getting more than 60FPS with VSync on.

FRAPS, That is what i'm thinking .How ?

FRAPS, That is what i'm thinking .How ?

That's really weird.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

I don't even understand the question actually, OP just says fps numbers of games and I don't know what to say or what the question is. Vague.

You are not running an r9 270, you have not maxed out the graphics settings, your fps program is lying to you, or you have won the silicone lottery.

This is not supposed to happen.

In BF4 use the in game fps counter by tapping the ~ and typing "perfoverlay.drawfps true" and see if you really are getting these insane fps numbers.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

You are not running an r9 270, you have not maxed out the graphics settings, your fps program is lying to you, or you have won the silicone lottery.

In BF4 use the in game fps counter by tapping the ~ and typing "perfoverlay.drawfps true" and see if you really are getting these insane fps numbers.

I don't even understand the question actually, OP just says fps numbers of games and I don't know what to say or what the question is. Vague.

Question is How on god's earth i'm getting this ? JKraghify yes its kind of lottery chip it maxed out to 5.13Ghz but i downclocked it to 4.5Ghz for safe temps

Question is How on god's earth i'm getting this ? JKraghify yes its kind of lottery chip it maxed out to 5.13Ghz but i downclocked it to 4.5Ghz for safe temps

CoD is not a heavy game.

There is your answer.

Your GPU is whay will give you high FPS, not the CPU (except when the CPU is too slow for the GPU)

That being said, the r9 270 should max out bf4 on high settings at 1080p (not ultra) below 60 fps. Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-270-review-benchmarks,3669-4.html

I think FRAPS is lying to you (maybe reporting double-frame rate?), or something magical is going on.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

here is my rig and benchmarks . i ran test more then one time to confirm that is the software lying to me or not.

post-169269-0-69341800-1419323348_thumb.

post-169269-0-90535000-1419323356.jpg

Edit: A ufo landed in my backyard and gave me this r9 270

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Edit: A ufo landed in my backyard and gave me this r9 270

A retared landed in my Post and didn't belived it.

post-169269-0-01988800-1419323644_thumb.

To be fair, it's hard to believe that your r9 270 is pulling triple the frame rate it's supposed to be...

That card looks like a 270. Im not sure what's going on, but i can assure you that a 270 cannot pull more that 60 fps on bf4 on ultra, let alone near 180, unless you are always looking at the sky.

Also those benchmarks show your i5 running at 3.5 Ghz, not 4.5?

just checked it out mate  91 tops 3D on . 159FPS 3D off. How the hell is this happening ? :blink:

To be fair, it's hard to believe that your r9 270 is pulling triple the frame rate it's supposed to be...

That card looks like a 270. Im not sure what's going on, but i can assure you that a 270 cannot pull more that 60 fps on bf4 on ultra, let alone near 180, unless you are always looking at the sky.

Also those benchmarks show your i5 running at 3.5 Ghz, not 4.5?

this the only pic i have now to show you mate. just ran it to take a pic

post-169269-0-26318200-1419324240_thumb.