my father pc (he is even more gamer than me, lol)

Go to solution Solved by ERSCreeper,

i chose almost everything, it's a gift, he does not know  :P (he always wanted a better mouse and a gamer keyboard), my budget is from 1000$ to 1800$ but maybe i can go further until 2500$

from 1000$ to 1800$ but i can go further (US Dollars), i want to redeem myself and give him a nice gift, and something like this pc could be perfect 

looks really nice, what do you think about the non K version? (i am pretty sure he's not gonna overclock anything  :P), so i could save a bit (and maybe use the intel CPU cooler of the 3570) and upgrade the SSDs to 2x256 gbs? (thinking in Battlefield 3 which is too slow loading from hdd and is over 30 GBs and maybe in the future Battlefield 4) i guess, i am not an expert, and something more i forgot to say, which wireless gaming headset do you recomend? thinking always in FPS, so he can know where the bullets are coming for example

Corsair vengeance 2000 wireless headphones are awesome. If he is not going to over clock then yeah non k edition and then you can grab the H77 model of the motherboard and save more money. BF3 w/ dlc is like 35+GB so if so upgrade so like 256gb raid 0

Hello, and first of all, sorry for my english, after that, i was planning to give my father a new computer (i forgot father's day, i am the worst son ever), but it has to be small because should be also a media pc.

He plays A LOT of  Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor, Duke nukem, Deus Ex, Call of duty Black ops 1, 2, world war, etc (Fps mostly, but he plays almost everything), even i guess he will be pre buying Battlefield 4 and other games like this.

A week ago he was playing in an really old monitor, but he desided to move his pc to the livingroom with the 47 inch led TV, and he likes it, but his pc is so loud and really slow.

Case: i try with the Bitfenix Prodigy but it's too tall for the place i should put it, so i think the case should be a Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced 

memory:  everyone could be perfect, i think in 2x4gbs at 1600 mhz but i don't know which ones

GPU: he will need those hdd cages, so i guess i should use an Asus GTX 670 DirectCU Mini

PSU: no idea :(

HDDs: one or two Crucial M4 256 gbs (maybe in raid 0?) and two 3TB Seagate barracuda (not in raid)

Motherboard and Processor: here i have basically two options (but i accept suggestions)

1) a 3570 and a Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI (Because the tv is too way apart of the router)

or

2) a 4670 and a Asus H87I-PLUS (and a usb wifi? i don't know, now he is using an internal wifi but an mITX card has only one slot :( and i need it for the GPU)

Also i need keyboard and mouse, if possible wireless but if not, i just buy a long usb extension, i guess?

the keyboard should have backlights and fast response, a mechanical with cherry mx switches should be great but everything it's ok (i need suggestions on this, because i never have a mechanical keyboard so i know nothing about switches)

The mouse should be almost 3000 to 5000 dpi  and be able to change to something like 400 to 800 dpi for sniping with a button

i accept and need suggestions for everything

Thank you so much :)

Wow man, Your dad has a very specific build... What is the total budget you are spending on this project?

Motherboard + CPU: Number 1 (3570K so he can overclock :P)

Any brand of ram 8Gb 1600Mhz

SSD and HDD look good

PSU: Corsair TX650M or other good brands like: Antec, Seasonic etc.

Mini GPU is awesome.

Mouse: Corsair M65 FPS mouse

\

Hello, and first of all, sorry for my english, after that, i was planning to give my father a new computer (i forgot father's day, i am the worst son ever), but it has to be small because should be also a media pc.

He plays A LOT of  Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor, Duke nukem, Deus Ex, Call of duty Black ops 1, 2, world war, etc (Fps mostly, but he plays almost everything), even i guess he will be pre buying Battlefield 4 and other games like this.

A week ago he was playing in an really old monitor, but he desided to move his pc to the livingroom with the 47 inch led TV, and he likes it, but his pc is so loud and really slow.

Case: i try with the Bitfenix Prodigy but it's too tall for the place i should put it, so i think the case should be a Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced 

memory:  everyone could be perfect, i think in 2x4gbs at 1600 mhz but i don't know which ones

GPU: he will need those hdd cages, so i guess i should use an Asus GTX 670 DirectCU Mini

PSU: no idea :(

HDDs: one or two Crucial M4 256 gbs (maybe in raid 0?) and two 3TB Seagate barracuda (not in raid)

Motherboard and Processor: here i have basically two options (but i accept suggestions)

1) a 3570 and a Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI (Because the tv is too way apart of the router)

or

2) a 4670 and a Asus H87I-PLUS (and a usb wifi? i don't know, now he is using an internal wifi but an mITX card has only one slot :( and i need it for the GPU)

Also i need keyboard and mouse, if possible wireless but if not, i just buy a long usb extension, i guess?

the keyboard should have backlights and fast response, a mechanical with cherry mx switches should be great but everything it's ok (i need suggestions on this, because i never have a mechanical keyboard so i know nothing about switches)

The mouse should be almost 3000 to 5000 dpi  and be able to change to something like 400 to 800 dpi for sniping with a button

i accept and need suggestions for everything

Thank you so much :)

So you are building a brand-new PC. What's your budget?

Finishing up my build...

Wow man, Your dad has a very specific build... What is the total budget you are spending on this project?

i chose almost everything, it's a gift, he does not know  :P (he always wanted a better mouse and a gamer keyboard), my budget is from 1000$ to 1800$ but maybe i can go further until 2500$

So you are building a brand-new PC. What's your budget?

from 1000$ to 1800$ but i can go further (US Dollars), i want to redeem myself and give him a nice gift, and something like this pc could be perfect 

This is what I came up with: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/17Mnl

looks really nice, what do you think about the non K version? (i am pretty sure he's not gonna overclock anything  :P), so i could save a bit (and maybe use the intel CPU cooler of the 3570) and upgrade the SSDs to 2x256 gbs? (thinking in Battlefield 3 which is too slow loading from hdd and is over 30 GBs and maybe in the future Battlefield 4) i guess, i am not an expert, and something more i forgot to say, which wireless gaming headset do you recomend? thinking always in FPS, so he can know where the bullets are coming for example

You wanna spend 2400$ to get this mini high-end build :) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/17OTO

This will max out anything you throw at it. Will last long and it's more than just gaming build.

Finishing up my build...

Corsair vengeance 2000 wireless headphones are awesome. If he is not going to over clock then yeah non k edition and then you can grab the H77 model of the motherboard and save more money. BF3 w/ dlc is like 35+GB so if so upgrade so like 256gb raid 0

\

You wanna spend 2400$ to get this mini high-end build :) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/17OTO

This will max out anything you throw at it. Will last long and it's more than just gaming build.

That looks... AMAZING, but i have a limited space, so i need the  Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced for this build  :( , but maybe i use this combo for my own pc in july  :D 

Wow, those Headphones looks great, i am sure he is gonna like them and the whole build.

Thank you so much all of you!!  :D 

That looks... AMAZING, but i have a limited space, so i need the  Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced for this build  :( , but maybe i use this combo for my own pc in july  :D 

In July there will be more releases so stay tuned and post b4 u build :)

Finishing up my build...

two Crucial M4 256 gbs (maybe in raid 0?)

Do not do this. It's just a waste of money which will double your risk of data loss without providing any real world performance improvement. Only looks Good in benchmarks to show off big sequential performance numbers.

Do not do this. It's just a waste of money which will double your risk of data loss without providing any real world performance improvement. Only looks Good in benchmarks to show off big sequential performance numbers.

should i go one crucial m4 512 gbs?

Well ya if You really need 512GB of SSD space for OS, games and applications. Earlier You were talking about a raid0 array of 2x256GB drives which gives you a total of 256GB in usable space. Not 512GB. So You have to decide how much space You need on SSD. For me my single 256GB drive is enough for windows, office, steam games and a few other programs. The games which i am unlikely to play in the short term are uninstalled but backed up to my mechanical HDD- a convenient feature which steam has, so i don't need to download again but I'm not wasting SSD space Either.

Well ya if You really need 512GB of SSD space for OS, games and applications. Earlier You were talking about a raid0 array of 2x256GB drives which gives you a total of 256GB in usable space. Not 512GB. So You have to decide how much space You need on SSD. For me my single 256GB drive is enough for windows, office, steam games and a few other programs. The games which i am unlikely to play in the short term are uninstalled but backed up to my mechanical HDD- a convenient feature which steam has, so i don't need to download again but I'm not wasting SSD space Either.

you are right, the 2x3tB HDDs are for that and movies or photos or other things, i don't know, but, mi father has A LOT more than 512 gbs of games from origin and steam, and he plays almost every day (and almost every game), but i can't afford a 960 GB SSD :unsure:, so i hope he like mi  gift

(for 2x256GB drives, raid0 gives 512 GB of usable space but no protection, and Raid1 gives Protection but only 256 GB of usable space, or i am wrong?, i just work with raid5  :P, so i could be wrong, sorry)

(for 2x256GB drives, raid0 gives 512 GB of usable space but no protection,

I think RAID 0 would give only 256GB usable space, in an effort to achieve higher performance.

Hey,

How much room is avalible? As the micro ITX is so small omg 9x8x15 is insanly small! Can you give us some maximum dimensions to play with here?

Can we get into a micro ATX please???? or maybe go big time into like a HAF XB?

If we can get into a micro ATX then we can get more interesting like  ASUS Maximus V Gene, now we have some power to play with that can compare to a full size ATX. Also if he is a gamer wanting elite gaming, a Micro ITX is killing him :-( I don't know how we can get a decent motherboard in that case to support.

CPU - 3770 or 4770 would max out the performance curve for your budget range.

GPU - Maybe Radeon 7870 or Radeon 7970 or InVidea 660TI

2x HDDs - Seagate Baraccuda

1x SSD 120gb - OCZ to run the OS (Boot Drive)

As a gamer he will want 16 GB of ram to help out

Depending on which GPU we get into at this point would be like a 750 or 800 range PSU for some future proofing and solid performance. 80+ Gold Standard maybe corsair.

Tiny case so we need some good cooling, but first we need to see what kind of case we can even look at in the first place when you get back to us on maximum dimensions or if micro ATX will work.

With the set up above you could even do a light dummy proof overclock that is native to Asus but then we would need watercooling added on such as Corsir H80 or better but we can hammer that out with a CASE!!

Head Set I would use a Turtle Beach personally.

Gaming keyboard go mechanical, gaming mouse, take your pic there are a milliion of them out there and they are all personaly preference for mouse and keyboard.

Hey,

How much room is avalible? As the micro ITX is so small omg 9x8x15 is insanly small! Can you give us some maximum dimensions to play with here?

Can we get into a micro ATX please???? or maybe go big time into like a HAF XB?

If we can get into a micro ATX then we can get more interesting like  ASUS Maximus V Gene, now we have some power to play with that can compare to a full size ATX. Also if he is a gamer wanting elite gaming, a Micro ITX is killing him :-( I don't know how we can get a decent motherboard in that case to support.

CPU - 3770 or 4770 would max out the performance curve for your budget range.

GPU - Maybe Radeon 7870 or Radeon 7970 or InVidea 660TI

2x HDDs - Seagate Baraccuda

1x SSD 120gb - OCZ to run the OS (Boot Drive)

As a gamer he will want 16 GB of ram to help out

Depending on which GPU we get into at this point would be like a 750 or 800 range PSU for some future proofing and solid performance. 80+ Gold Standard maybe corsair.

Tiny case so we need some good cooling, but first we need to see what kind of case we can even look at in the first place when you get back to us on maximum dimensions or if micro ATX will work.

With the set up above you could even do a light dummy proof overclock that is native to Asus but then we would need watercooling added on such as Corsir H80 or better but we can hammer that out with a CASE!!

Head Set I would use a Turtle Beach personally.

Gaming keyboard go mechanical, gaming mouse, take your pic there are a milliion of them out there and they are all personaly preference for mouse and keyboard.

i have problems with the height because i only have 30 cms (if i don't want to put the pc in the floor) but i have 55 cm depth and 45 cm width in the space  below the tv, i know the i7 are awesome, i still using a 2600k in this pc  :P but i don't know the performance of an i5 vs an i7 for gaming and some people tells me than the i5 was almost equal to the i7 in games (i still loving my i7  ;) ). 

before this comment didn't know the haf XB exist, lol, but looks really nice, i am starting to think about buying some kind of coffee table and put it a side of the tv table, so it could look nice, be better, and even more perfect, and put the haf xb there (without stopping ventilation of the top, leaving a place for that :P ), not a tower case, but that looks really nice, and maybe upgrade to an i7 3770k and somekind of watercooling (looks like a h100i could fit at the front, what do you think?), and overclock it myself a bit for him :rolleyes: , but i need again think about the whole build again for this case

i am thinking about some things, still thinking about some SSDs (i need min of 512 GBs of SSD), 2x3TB hdd (files, photos, videos, etc), an 3770k or 4770k (i am pretty interested about test a haswell, i just have chosen an 3570 because he will never overclock (and there is no cheap  and great mITX motherboard for an 4670), but i could do it a bit for him), about GPU  i have no idea, i have a sapphire 7870 OC edition right now and it's GREAT, but i think he could be interested in Nvidia because physx, and i have no good experiencies with dedicated physx, 16 gbs of memory, sounds great,  maybe 2x8 GB of gskill sniper? i don't know, and i still needing a PSU and motherboard

and my budget now is of 2300$ (always talking about US dollars) because i need to buy a table for this  -_-

could you help me with some ideas?

o you just opened the door to all kinds of fun to be had! I am super excited and its not even my computer lol!

I am going to address things as I read through your post and then list out a build on bottom. ;)

Just to adress the whole on the floor thing, I know alot of people worry about it for breathability with carpet, dust or in some areas critters but if it is just breathability or dust it is super easy to add in some little feet on the bottom of it and it! :blink: Arylic Feet  << linky (Hello spaceship) :rolleyes:  :wub:

If I am reading this correct you do not want a tower? Is that right? Just want to clarify. :)

i7 vs i5, the biggest difference is the hyperthreading which if you have 4 cores with hyperthreading it acts as if it has 8 cores. Its rather awsome for spreading load and mostly shows its power when doing raw computing and workstation application but it does show at times for certain games. I love it and don't care :D

You said you need a min of 512 GBs of SSD), 2x3TB hdd (files, photos, videos, etc)

Solid States go Samsung 840 or OCZ Vertex 4, either will do very very well. Very reliable, very stable, very fast.

Am I to assume 512GB just for games on the solid state? or just in general?

I am just going to sling an idea here try this linky plus maybe a smaller 128 GB boot drive and you would still come in cheaper and be even more insanly fast! (Yes I love dedicated boot drives, all we have is the system on there and nothing else to keep the system itself unclutered, less likely to be corrupted and FAST) ^_^

I would recommend a Seagate Baraccuda 3 or 4tb are both fairly priced. It is very easy to add on an external hard for more capacity very quickly.

This means however we have to be careful when choosing a mother board that it has UEFI so that it will support the larger harddrives. It will work the other way, its just more of a pain in the rear. <_<

GPU wise the sapphire 7870 sounds great, you could even bump that up to a 7970 for the extra stream processors to kick some gaming butt! :P You could also switch over the Nvidia but I don't belive in that whole physics card stuffs. I say have atlease 2gb on the GPU itself, higher is better all other things equal. For the build range of this case I would venture to say in order or recommendation Nvidia GTX 660, Radeon 7870, Radeon 7950, Nvidia GTX 660TI, Radeon 7970 or Nvidia GTX 770. Here is a great little linky. That is a rapid increase from about $220 to $400 GPU just so you know. Any lower and its just not doing the machine any justice, lowering over all performance and actually creating a bottle neck, any higher there are just such huge jumps in price and I don't see it worth while for the gains in performance.

RAM, I think you are right on track with what you said, 2x 8GB sticks (16GB total) will be perfect and now that we are in bigger mother boards he has expandability option. If you are using a i7 3770 or 4770 go for higher speed over latency.  ex 1866 is better then 1600 is better then 1333. Now if we don't use those processors then latency is better so 1333 latency 8 is better then 1600 latency 9. But I can help you with that as we narrow a cart.

PSU, around a 800w PSU will be great future proofing on the build, I would use a 1000w depending on the price if there is a good sale but I am crazy. We need a modular to fully modular PSU. I would recommend 80+ Gold Certification on the PSU as well.

Motherboard, I need a few things answered before I can narrow in on one. Do you want to overclock the CPU? There are some mobos that come with native support that will automatically set a safe overclock automatically. This is also a great place to get help and I do belive Linus said he would help anyone with a sweet i7 rig overclock because it needs it. Do we need wireless or bluetooth? How many USB devices does he plug in? Any other features that we need?

As far as a cooler goes, we will get to that np.

After you answer those questions we can do a little shopping :P

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB $89

Mother Board: To be decided - I would guess based on what was said so far a mid range board so $140-$240 range, it is going depend on features required (ATX or micro ATX) (Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte or MSI) (z87 north bridge)

CPU: I assume we are going to try and make out the performance curve for this build Intel i7 4770k? $340

CPU cooler: Swiftech H220 or Eisberg 240L Prestige $130-$180

RAM: 2x 8GB cards (16GB total) 1600 unless there is a good sale on a 1866 with decent latency. $120 ish range on average.

GPU: $200 - $400 range depending on which one we pick out of that list above.

Storage: (SSD) - Boot Drive = 120 GB OCZ or Samsung $120

- Storage = 500GB OCZ or Samsung $350ish

(HHD) - 2x Seagate Baraccuda 3 TB $120

PSU: 80+ Gold, Modular or Semi Modular around 800wats so about $100 - $140

Optical drive: Do we need one? You said he is a gamer so I would say yes, definetly. A good name brand Blue Ray Player, say ASUS about $55

Operating System: What are you looking at going with? (64bit is needed)

Fans:

2x Noctua NF-F12 for radiator (Quiet and powerful) $27 each (pull configeration)

1x Noctua NF-S12A (back of case powerful and quiet) (pushing air in)

Also should get

2x 80mm fans (pushing air in)

1x 200mm fan (pulling air out of the top of the case)

If we push the upper end of the parts listed and overclocked we are at about $2200. If we stay on the conservative side and make a few changes we can easily pull this bad boy down into the $1500 range and still destroy everything! He then has the option to overclock down the road depending on how we set up or add on.

The biggest most expensive nastiest part of this whole build is a few things. Here is where we can save or spend.

SSD - Why are we going for the 500 GB SSD? If it is for gaming performance, If this is the case it is not needed, just choice imo. I have played many games and never had an issue as long as I had the ram to load up in advance but that is your choice. We could save about $350

GPU - Depending on which one we pick up we are looking about potentially $200 savings.

If we overclock or not. If we do not overclock we don't need to start pushing the limits, that means stopping the water cooling and comes out to be about $200 in savings there. If we are going to use the water cooler there is no point in not overclocking as we will spend in the neighborhood of about $60 more and gain 15% performance.

***********My recommendation*****************

Drop the massive SSD, he can add it in later with ease if he wants it.

Do with a mid level GPU say the same as what you have.

Dummby overclock using MSI OC Genie or ASUS. We are in the range of a $200 board to compliment the CPU.

For a power supply go for something from corsair or silverstone

Aselwyn1

o you just opened the door to all kinds of fun to be had! I am super excited and its not even my computer lol!

I am going to address things as I read through your post and then list out a build on bottom.

Just to adress the whole on the floor thing, I know alot of people worry about it for breathability with carpet, dust or in some areas critters but if it is just breathability or dust it is super easy to add in some little feet on the bottom of it and it! Arylic Feet  << linky (Hello spaceship) 

If I am reading this correct you do not want a tower? Is that right? Just want to clarify

i7 vs i5, the biggest difference is the hyperthreading which if you have 4 cores with hyperthreading it acts as if it has 8 cores. Its rather awsome for spreading load and mostly shows its power when doing raw computing and workstation application but it does show at times for certain games. I love it and don't care

You said you need a min of 512 GBs of SSD), 2x3TB hdd (files, photos, videos, etc)

Solid States go Samsung 840 or OCZ Vertex 4, either will do very very well. Very reliable, very stable, very fast.

Am I to assume 512GB just for games on the solid state? or just in general?

I am just going to sling an idea here try this linky plus maybe a smaller 128 GB boot drive and you would still come in cheaper and be even more insanly fast! (Yes I love dedicated boot drives, all we have is the system on there and nothing else to keep the system itself unclutered, less likely to be corrupted and FAST) 

I would recommend a Seagate Baraccuda 3 or 4tb are both fairly priced. It is very easy to add on an external hard for more capacity very quickly.

This means however we have to be careful when choosing a mother board that it has UEFI so that it will support the larger harddrives. It will work the other way, its just more of a pain in the rear. 

GPU wise the sapphire 7870 sounds great, you could even bump that up to a 7970 for the extra stream processors to kick some gaming butt!  You could also switch over the Nvidia but I don't belive in that whole physics card stuffs. I say have atlease 2gb on the GPU itself, higher is better all other things equal. For the build range of this case I would venture to say in order or recommendation Nvidia GTX 660, Radeon 7870, Radeon 7950, Nvidia GTX 660TI, Radeon 7970 or Nvidia GTX 770. Here is a great little linky. That is a rapid increase from about $220 to $400 GPU just so you know. Any lower and its just not doing the machine any justice, lowering over all performance and actually creating a bottle neck, any higher there are just such huge jumps in price and I don't see it worth while for the gains in performance.

RAM, I think you are right on track with what you said, 2x 8GB sticks (16GB total) will be perfect and now that we are in bigger mother boards he has expandability option. If you are using a i7 3770 or 4770 go for higher speed over latency.  ex 1866 is better then 1600 is better then 1333. Now if we don't use those processors then latency is better so 1333 latency 8 is better then 1600 latency 9. But I can help you with that as we narrow a cart.

PSU, around a 800w PSU will be great future proofing on the build, I would use a 1000w depending on the price if there is a good sale but I am crazy. We need a modular to fully modular PSU. I would recommend 80+ Gold Certification on the PSU as well.

Motherboard, I need a few things answered before I can narrow in on one. Do you want to overclock the CPU? There are some mobos that come with native support that will automatically set a safe overclock automatically. This is also a great place to get help and I do belive Linus said he would help anyone with a sweet i7 rig overclock because it needs it. Do we need wireless or bluetooth? How many USB devices does he plug in? Any other features that we need?

As far as a cooler goes, we will get to that np.

After you answer those questions we can do a little shopping

i just need to say WOW, amazing things, ok, let's get started  

i love those acrylic feets, and almost sure i am buying them  :D

the idea of this build was build something than my father could use it in the livingroom and play battlefield 3 for example (and almost every existent fps and other games, he has  a xbox 360 wireless controller and plays with it, so i guess i could add to the build some wireless things, but i have no idea, maybe some headsets/headphones), so, i have the idea of use something different than a tower case  

i am gonna overclock a bit, maybe go to 4.2 or 4.3 GHz? or something like that (maybe a bit more, my 2600k is working at 4.2 GHz without any problem, but was my first overclocking)

memory: yeah, 1866 sounds perfect, 16 GB of that could be more than perfect 

GPU: i guess i could afford a GTX 770, just because i want to test it before give my father his new livingroom pc  :D (which brand do you recommend? i was thinking about EVGA or Gigabyte)

PSU: modular  

i guess he is not going to use a lot of USB things, just keyboard, mouse, xbox receiver, and something more, but no more than 4 or 5 USB devices

we need wireless, because the livingroom is too far apart of the routher and cables are not an option

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB $89

Mother Board: To be decided - I would guess based on what was said so far a mid range board so $140-$240 range, it is going depend on features required (ATX or micro ATX) (Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte or MSI) (z87 north bridge)

CPU: I assume we are going to try and make out the performance curve for this build Intel i7 4770k? $340

CPU cooler: Swiftech H220 or Eisberg 240L Prestige $130-$180

RAM: 2x 8GB cards (16GB total) 1600 unless there is a good sale on a 1866 with decent latency. $120 ish range on average.

GPU: $200 - $400 range depending on which one we pick out of that list above.

Storage: (SSD) - Boot Drive = 120 GB OCZ or Samsung $120

- Storage = 500GB OCZ or Samsung $350ish

(HHD) - 2x Seagate Baraccuda 3 TB $120

PSU: 80+ Gold, Modular or Semi Modular around 800wats so about $100 - $140

Optical drive: Do we need one? You said he is a gamer so I would say yes, definetly. A good name brand Blue Ray Player, say ASUS about $55

Operating System: What are you looking at going with? (64bit is needed)

Fans:

2x Noctua NF-F12 for radiator (Quiet and powerful) $27 each (pull configeration)

1x Noctua NF-S12A (back of case powerful and quiet) (pushing air in)

Also should get

2x 80mm fans (pushing air in)

1x 200mm fan (pulling air out of the top of the case)

If we push the upper end of the parts listed and overclocked we are at about $2200. If we stay on the conservative side and make a few changes we can easily pull this bad boy down into the $1500 range and still destroy everything! He then has the option to overclock down the road depending on how we set up or add on.

The biggest most expensive nastiest part of this whole build is a few things. Here is where we can save or spend.

SSD - Why are we going for the 500 GB SSD? If it is for gaming performance, If this is the case it is not needed, just choice imo. I have played many games and never had an issue as long as I had the ram to load up in advance but that is your choice. We could save about $350

GPU - Depending on which one we pick up we are looking about potentially $200 savings.

If we overclock or not. If we do not overclock we don't need to start pushing the limits, that means stopping the water cooling and comes out to be about $200 in savings there. If we are going to use the water cooler there is no point in not overclocking as we will spend in the neighborhood of about $60 more and gain 15% performance.

***********My recommendation*****************

Drop the massive SSD, he can add it in later with ease if he wants it.

Do with a mid level GPU say the same as what you have.

Dummby overclock using MSI OC Genie or ASUS. We are in the range of a $200 board to compliment the CPU.

sorry for not answer before, my internet was disconnected  3 hs  :unsure: 

case, fans, Ram and GPU are just perfect

CPU: 4770k oh yeah  

storage: hm, today, he has one 500GB hdd and one 2TB Full of installed games, maybe i should go one 256 GB SSD samsung 840 and those seagate of 3TB, in the future with battlefield 4 i could give him another of 256 GB, that case could handle 4 SSD, so, no problem with that  

Optical Drive: maybe a Dvd reader, he will never use a blu ray, because he buy a PS3 not that long ago

i choose a high end (not the highest end) GPU of your list because i want to try the GTX 700 series of Nvidia and have some ideas for my own pc build in the future and i want to give my father something he could use as much as he could  :P

Thanks for your time, you really research so much things, i am excited too for this project  :lol:

Yea a standard DVD drive is like $20 without a sale, I recommended the BlueRay just because there has been talk of games coming on blueray in the future BUT, most games are going to be downloaded from online so it makes no difference what so ever so definetly I agree the standard DVD drive will work perfectly fine. He can always upgrade down the line if it becomes nessecary.

As for a mother board I would recommend

Asus z87 Pro

MSI z87 MPower

Asus Z87 Expert

Also just as a side note, I absolutly love the Asus Maximus VI Hero but it doesn't come with wifi that is a $50 add on I think.

I leave mobo selection up to you but I will say I just built a comp for a friend using the MSI MPower z87 and the OC Genie made a very easy basic overclock which was all he wanted, had wifi and bluetooth for various components and very user friendly.

I have another friend I helped build a comp for that used the Asus Maximus but that is going to be a little more. Very sweet, just a little harder to utilize, can't say I love it enough.

If you need any more help, just post up and I would be happy to help!

Yea a standard DVD drive is like $20 without a sale, I recommended the BlueRay just because there has been talk of games coming on blueray in the future BUT, most games are going to be downloaded from online so it makes no difference what so ever so definetly I agree the standard DVD drive will work perfectly fine. He can always upgrade down the line if it becomes nessecary.

As for a mother board I would recommend

Asus z87 Pro

MSI z87 MPower

Asus Z87 Expert

Also just as a side note, I absolutly love the Asus Maximus VI Hero but it doesn't come with wifi that is a $50 add on I think.

I leave mobo selection up to you but I will say I just built a comp for a friend using the MSI MPower z87 and the OC Genie made a very easy basic overclock which was all he wanted, had wifi and bluetooth for various components and very user friendly.

I have another friend I helped build a comp for that used the Asus Maximus but that is going to be a little more. Very sweet, just a little harder to utilize, can't say I love it enough.

If you need any more help, just post up and I would be happy to help!

okay, i will try the MSI, just because looks SO sexy  :lol:, and i found so many good reviews of this one  :P

The case has 2x5.25 bays, so i guess in the future i could give him a bluray if he need it

Thank you for everything :)