Build A PC To Replace An XBox One

MPX309

Ok I got this from another forum. . . . It's quite challenging to do. . . 

Go on http://pcpartpicker.com/

and try and pick parts which will be equivalent or better than an XBox one.  . . $500 is the limit, You don't have to pick an OS or any peripherals, just the main system. Here's my attempt

5luf0n.jpg

Comes to $499  

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Get a seagate barracuda 1tb its only $20 more and try apu. ^

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

get the phenom from newegg it is 95 dollars. This is a badass pc : 

Easy.

EI0e3pB.png

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

my current pc already replaces it :D specs below VV

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Guys it is not the same. A developer when makes a game for a console tries to make it beatiful with the hardware on its hands. In the pc world where everyone has different configurations, the games are not optimised. So a pc equal(hardware wise) to xbox one or ps4 is a lot worse because the consoles have optimisation benefits which can be better graphics/higher framerates etc, while PCs don't. Please take that into consideration.

I am neither a pc or console fanboy.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Gotta go with an APU, anyway the games will be optimized for Xbox One so if you do that the games won't look as good on the PC with equal hardware. Though you can get higher resolutions/mods/120hz so there is that. 

You could use Linux and upgrade other things :)

What's left to upgrade that wouldn't make the price jump over $100?

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

What's left to upgrade that wouldn't make the price jump over $100?

Small things, like the PSU or hard drive. You could get a small ssd...

hello

Guys, who is going to buy an Xbox One to GAME?

This is a media PC after all. *lol*

But yeah, you guys are forgetting one very important thing. The $500 price tag includes a kinect.

$400 is the real price (basically) plus $100 for the kinect. Good luck with that.

Edit: Lose the OS and you got it @Maskot.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Maybe this ? Tell me what you think

174632Sanstitre2.png

I know the ram is not that good (only 4 gb) but this is the best i could come up with this budget. If you really want to be under 500$ you can always swap the 7850 for a 7790

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

I would probably go whith somthing like this: (And yes, you can fit your OS in a 32Gb ssd, its not so hard, and you would be able to also squeeze in some programs) Capture_zps6605bc61.png