Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

If i got this CPU, i would make a nice, quiet build, use it for gaming, video editing and audio recording and production, i am a simple guy, nothing extravagant for me, sry guys, at least i would know that i will not need a new PC for 5 years, and that for me is the main idea when buying a PC.

Bleeding edge at start, but over time, a quiet, but wise and strong dragon waiting to devour everyone that tries to disturb his domain!!

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I've always wanted to build a decent gaming pc. At the moment I'm running a a10 6790k which doesn't exactly play many games well. A 5820K would be a dream come true!

I've never streamed before, and I would probably start doing that.  I would also experiment with some programs that make use of all these extra cores and perhaps learn a new trade!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I am an aspiring animator currently in college, and have just come off the back of my first animation class with a super successful first rendered animation. I lovingly describe it as 1050 frames of sweat, blood, and tears, 4 hours of rendering all for a 34 second video. I would LOVE for that render time to be reduced. It also helps when scrubbing through the animation during the work process, decreasing 3ds Max crashes and overall frustration level =3. I was planning on building a computer soon too.....

Just saying...my birthday is 2 days before Christmas as well....perhaps this year could be extra special =)....

get a cpu thats actually compatible with the h97 mobo i just bought

I'd use the 5820K for gaming and video editing, got a lot of projects on hold.

Hey Nick.

In all honesty, I would probably give it to my friend. I just upgraded to an AMD fx 8320, and I don't want to get a new motherboard.

WHAT I DO WITH MY LEGS AND HOW FAST I MOVE THEM IS MY BUSINESS YOU SHIT.

I could do one of two things, sell it to replace my MSI HD6850

or

I could sell my crosshair v formula z, FX9590, and amd ram and try to get a new mobo gpu and ram settup.

I'd really have to think about that one.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

I'd use it mainly for gaming and some video editing!

I would build my first Intel based pc, I'm really wondering about doing a small form pc. My local buddies and I have been doing som lan's lately and it has left me wanting more, so next year we might go to dreamhack as I live i Norway. And a small badass pc would be ballerz.. :-D only question would be can I afford the 980 or just a 970 :-D

For Password cracking to destro..... I mean.... "gaming", yeah lets say gaming.... :3

Hello ! First post on linus tech tips :D been commenting on youtube videos and getting no response so it's about time I made a forum account :D

Away to build my first pc so I guess I'd just slap it in that ! 

I'd like to win the 5820k, so I can upgrade from my crappy H61 motherboard to a sweet X99 motherboard

I'd like to have a 5820K because I plan on building a fast computer for my family at some point hopefully soon. A 5820K combined with an ssd would make them very happy. I'd also use it for some content creation (3d modelling, photoshop, unity, etc.)

I would use all my savings to buy new motherboard and graphics card and game the s**t out of the new games. (Except AC: Unity cuz it's awful).