Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I work on scientific problems and this CPU will help me alot in cutting down processing time for most of my algorithms that exploit multiple cores and threads (and cannot be run on a GPU efficiently), some of which I design on Matlab while others in C++.

With this CPU I plan to try Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 for squeezing out every last inch of performance :D and might take my work to next level!

I occasionally also run VMs to benchmark high performance databases like MongoDB, Hadoop etc.

I would love A new i7 because i have never had one before, all i can ever seem to afford is the i5. I would be happy to have more cores for once in my life and i would put it and a new asus x99 in my current gaming rig along with some new ddr4.

devil's canyon i5 oc @ 4.5ghz                                                                                            

gtx 970 g1 gaming oc @ 1.5ghz

I am saving for a x99 pc right now, and I can almost afford it. I just need enough money for the processor. I was actually going to buy the 5960X but then I saw this and changed my mind, even if i don't win this, I will buy a 5820K. I would be so happy since I have gotten a part time job just to save for this build. Good luck to whoever wins though! :)

I'm planning to build my first fully custom rig this Christmas and a 6 core processor would definitely help with all the video editing and 3D modeling I do.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

I will use it to finish my project to move from an Alienware x51 to a custom gaming PC right now I have my Alienware modded and replace Alienware case with a Cooler Master HAF X replace GTX 555 with Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 and Cooler Master 850 W silent pro m2.

I will buy a x99 motherboard 16 GB of RAM and 2 SSD it would be a nice Christmas if I win :)

Greetings from Mexico.

This is awsome it would work perfectly with my gigabyte 970 g1 and could finaly edit all my gopro 4k footage. :-) 

It just so happenns that I recently bought a Gigabyte GA-X99-GAMING G1 MB and I'm still saving to buy the CPU. It would be great to win one of the bad boys.

I would give it to my friend who will soon transition from console peasant to Glorious PC Masterrace Brother!

If i won this i would build my first Enthusiast build and brag to all of my friends of course.

Would definitely love to have this one as I am planning to upgrade my i3 3220 for rendering purposes and some gaming too. :)

I'd love a 5820k because I really have been yearning for a cpu upgrade to game and edit video

If I were to win this CPU I would be building a PC for gaming and creating with Adobe products. I have been dabbling with Youtube and I could really cut rendering times with this puppy!

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?

Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?

Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

I will be using this to effectively emulate not only retro games but wii games and in a future wii U games! #PCMasterRace #NintendoMasterRace! 

With that processor, no longer will i need to worry about being limited by my processor when doing heavy video editing. I really hope that I am lucky enough to get it!   :P  :P  :P

I would smash my piggy bank take all the munnies and upgrade my system to x99.