Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

This is a great cpu and would work great in a video editing and 3d rendering rig.

This would be dope, because whats better than a 4770k, well a 5820k.

Why this woud also suck, I just finished water cooling my 4770k with a 240l+UT60 280 + XSPC block I custom machined for my non-reference R9 290. Want to redo my loop, not really. Would it be worth it, hell yes.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

my pc is running so slow need to uprade my cpu buthave no money

music music music........ pc........ :)

I need to remplace my 2600k i love it T_T , 5820k is a true option, i have to remplace all my sistem to get a 5820k, i realy want to win the reward

If I win I'll probably sell my current motherboard, CPU and ram and eventually upgrade :D 

@nicklmg please fix the text color. it does not go well with the night theme.

if i win i would probably sell it and save the money for college. things haven't been going nice lately.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I want to build a matching Extreme platform. I already have an AMD FX-8370.

I'd be able to do a full upgrade(cpu,mobo,memory) and would only need 2 out of the 3 parts.

With the 5820k, I would start my next PC build.

I would get a mobo for it and use it normally after an aftermarket cooler and some overclocking. then I would hit my friend in the face with the box while yelling "WHO HAS THE BETTER SYSTEM NOW???"

I'm building a new rig with taxes, so my wife can get mine (definite upgrade to hers) and hers can go to my 7 year old son. If I won, the savings on the processor would allow me to get to 980's for SLI instead of one :-)

I would love to own a really nice CPU! I could upgrade everything in my system and save a lot from not needing to buy a awesome CPU.

I would love to own a really nice CPU! I could upgrade everything in my system and save a lot from not needing to buy a awesome CPU.

A friend is fixing to build his first PC (with my help ofc)!  This would be a great start!

I make music inside of Cubase. The X99 platform would be a huge help in maintaining the 300 tracks or so that I use.

This amazing chip would allow me to edit my videos faster and also game whiles they are processing. 

I would like to update my older X79 machine with new faster parts and I have some friends that would definitely appreciate my old hardware.

Would love to use this as an opportunity to help my buddy build a killer video editing rig as he is in dire need of one, he keeps putting it off so this would be great to get him started

i would use it for gaming and Video editing, be nice to win so i dont have to buy it in a few months when i do my new build.

Hey, guys, I would use the i7-5820K as I begin my education as an engineer and programmer.  Not to mention enjoying some sweet games! :)

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

Hello I would use this cpu to start video editing and do more gaming because thats what is all about!!!!