Laptop: replacement for an engineering student

I started with a dell precision my freshman year and that proved to be a disaster. 2.5 years in I am getting overheating, blue screens, random power failures, battery lasts about 30 mins, so fricking heavy and big, always slow, insane boot-time. Anyway my parents agreed to replace it for my Christmas present this year and I have spent like a month looking at everything. Very overwhelming so I was wondering if the community had input.

I am terrified of apple products but I respect them so the beefed up 15 inch macbook pro is my benchmark. Anything under $2,100 is game.

Purposes: Lots of CAD (mostly SolidWorks), video, Matlab, and other intermediate engineering/programming software. Some Photoshop, video editing, and medium gaming.

Ideal specs

i7 processor
16 GB RAM
256 GB SSD
14-15 in display
1080p+ (1600 or 1800 would be sick)
5+ hrs of battery life
easy to fit in a backpack
Touchscreen? I really like the idea of CAD with a touch screen

Things I am currently looking at:

Samsung ATIV Book 9 2014 ed

Alienware 13 (i know not a 15")

XPS15 touch

MSI Ghost

Razerblade

Lenovo Y50 UHD Multitouch

Origin something (custom stuff is confusing)

Lenovo or MSi have my vote both are excellent.

XPS or Lenovo they are two good options also the msi

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

Stay away from "gaming" laptops with nvidia cards if you mostly use it for solidworks. RealView wont work!. You need quadro or firepro for that.

Stay away from "gaming" laptops with nvidia cards if you mostly use it for solidworks. RealView wont work!. You need quadro or firepro for that.

I feel kinda stupid for asking but could you explain that a little more? RealView?

RealView is graphics functionality in SolidWorks that enables real-time rendering in the SolidWorks graphics area. This is sometimes required to see certain textured appearances. There might be some hacks available to general GPU s but it might not work 100%.