Heaven Society - Week 27 (Aldnoah .Zero)

I don't understand. With anime there is generally no junk if you know what you are looking for.

btw hows that 660 treating you?

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

btw hows that 660 treating you?

Had it for about two years now and it has generally been good enough for my liking. I don't play games that much but I'm starting to get into them more and more and hence the next planned upgrade is a 970 (albeit a loooooooong way away  :D )

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Had it for about two years now and it has generally been good enough for my liking. I don't play games that much but I'm starting to get into them more and more and hence the next planned upgrade is a 970 (albeit a loooooooong way away  :D )

noice.

average fps on modern games? 

i'll be getting a core2 duo system for free aometimes soon and was thinking... upgrade to a core2 quad and add a GTX570~or better and im set for a while. 

(seeing as a GTX480 is roughly a R9 270 (roughly) and 270's kick ass at 1080 currently. )

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

noice.

average fps on modern games? 

Not sure really as I never bothered to check but no noticeable stuttering or dips at High/Very High (can go ultra on BS Infinite).

All the best with your build, although why not consider a newer gen card like at least a 760 or even push budget to 770?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Not sure really as I never bothered to check but no noticeable stuttering or dips at High/Very High (can go ultra on BS Infinite).

All the best with your build, although why not consider a newer gen card like a 760/770 at least?

thanks for teh infow! :D

money. x'D buying a last gen card used is the best option for me. i'd go any amount of gens back if it means beating this sad little APU... (main issue is stuttering and cooling issues.. :c )

-Jim Hensen

All the best with your build, although why not consider a newer gen card like at least a 760 or even push budget to 770?

probably my next build after i do a bunch of fiddling and upgrading over the time i have it. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/BurgerBum/saved/Bbrtt6

-Jim Hensen

You did tag my previous profile :P

Watched around 3 episoded, and i like mecha, but i somehow lost interest :( I heard it's very, very good, i don't know....

Should i get back to it, when i have time O.o

I'll fix that tonight.

where is my paycheck?

I pay by commission go get work done.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Page 2 and we're already off topic? :(

What do you think of the character design? How about the OST? Saving plot stuff for later when perhaps more have finished.

*Hands check with $0 written on it*

This is your paycheck after cuts taken out of it.

work is getting rough. Guess ill just starve this week.

I'll fix that tonight.

I pay by commission go get work done.

But i need to finish the other stuff.

tumblr_n1xrt2aSY51sj985ho1_500.gif

Blarg

Its sad to see this win out against all those other great anime.

I'VE SPED THROUGH THESE COMMENTS BUT IS EPISODE 0 NECESSARY TO PLOT? Or can I just start at Episode 1?

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors

I'VE SPED THROUGH THESE COMMENTS BUT IS EPISODE 0 NECESSARY TO PLOT? Or can I just start at Episode 1?

Oooo. Finished the series and never knew there was ep 0. Seeing as I haven't watched that one then I can safely say it is not needed (<=dat logic)

Cool! I'll binge watch it today while I'm supposed to be doing other stuff.

I only have 2 episodes left but i think i am going to buy the soundtrack for the series. I love the music in it.

Blarg

How do you make a second season after an ending like that?!

i wish there was a few more episodes in there. not sure what i would add though. it was well done even for only 12 episodes.

Inaho is a interesting character to me though with the way he projects himself with being so calm and seemingly emotionless. Because of that he is very precise in what he does even though it doesnt look like it but when he gets in one of those Mechs he is a cold fighter.

Blarg

So far, I'm 3 episodes in. There are very few anime that make me want to scream with delight when something happens. This is one of them.

So far, I'm 3 episodes in. There are very few anime that make me want to scream with delight when something happens. This is one of them.

To add onto that the OST is great. I'm impressed. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

To add onto that the OST is great. I'm impressed. 

Its one of the few that I actually sit through the intro to. Was really skeptical about this one, but I'm glad I'm watching it.

Inaho was too cold and detached for me to like. Plus, in every fight he always had some killer plan to take down the enemy despite the huge power difference to the point where the outcome of the fights becomes WAYYY too predictable.

Also that instructor guy who was suffering post traumatic stress didn't have his character completely fleshed out properly. It was like they just dumped his whole back story into one episode and that's the end of it.

To top it all off the extensive backshadowing and sign-posting of things like the "Heaven's Fall" and the Aldnoan society would have been great if we received more than that but sadly the series left that open, perhaps hoping to address it in the next season (or even worse, just hoping for us to swallow it all up without explanation).

On a side note the OST is AMAZING on this series, and also see my previous post about the second season which says:

SPOILER

The princess is alive
post-163060-0-51715800-1418889952_thumb.

p.s. Can someone tell me how to get the bold SPOILER writing next to the show button rather than having to write it above?

Inaho was too cold and detached for me to like. Plus, in every fight he always had some killer plan to take down the enemy despite the huge power difference to the point where the outcome of the fights becomes WAYYY too predictable.

Also that instructor guy who was suffering post traumatic stress didn't have his character completely fleshed out properly. It was like they just dumped his whole back story into one episode and that's the end of it.

To top it all off the extensive backshadowing and sign-posting of things like the "Heaven's Fall" and the Aldnoan society would have been great if we received more than that but sadly the series left that open, perhaps hoping to address it in the next season (or even worse, just hoping for us to swallow it all up without explanation).

On a side note the OST is AMAZING on this series, and also see my previous post about the second season which says:

-snip-

I just finished it and This actually seems like something that needs 2 seasons to fully flesh out the proper story... sorta.

It doesn't feel rushed (atleast to me) and we basically got thrown into a story that I actually want to learn more about. Predictable-ness of fights was a bit too Anime cliche but I can live with it.

The Heaven's Fall backshadowing seems that it'll play a much bigger part next season. 

As for Inaho, he reminds me alot of Heero from Gundam Wing. Lt. Marito on the otherhand felt fleshed out enough that there's a reasoning for his character. He does need some more development though as it felt like we got fed the same thing over and over again.

Interesting show, it started off with me really liking it but it kind of got boring and cookie cutterish / just plain strange as it went on. I really think Demo's views sum up what I think too rather nicely.

Still a decent enough show to watch though if you do just want an anime without too much depth to it. (Also hello again, as I've been off the forum for quite awhile again like usual.)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I think it has a lot of depth, especially for its length. The way it portrayed nationalism, and how it turns into militarism, isn't something I would have expected to just casually come out of Japan. Some of it was in-your-face in how they went about showing you, but I didn't really mind that.

A poor redshirt saves Slaine and says "Who are you fighting right now? Who did you point your gun at? Noboby aims at his comrades." Contrast this with Rayet turning on Martians, and later the Princess; Marito firing on Humeray in the tank; Saazbaum firing on the Princess; finally, Slaine firing on Inaho.

It's chock full of attempts at killing comrades in the name of nationalism or militarism. With more time in the anime to flesh out this background, or with supplemental material - novel, manga, etc. - their alternate history might make better sense to the viewer.

When I first started the series, I really didn't like Inaho, so much so that I stopped after the first episode. At the end, I can understand him much better. He's stoic, almost Vulcan, which is somewhat odd choice for a protagonist, but he's not empty.

OST is great. I had BRE@TH//LESS on repeat for weeks, Engrish and all, and Kalafina is always fantastic.

OST is great. I had BRE@TH//LESS on repeat for weeks, Engrish and all, and Kalafina is always fantastic.

what is this OST that everyone keeps talking about?

Blarg

finally finished the first part. ending was better than most other endings. im very eager to start part 2.

also, can i get one of these. 

deucalion2.png

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/