games for i7 4790k and gtx 970

danial9

i receantly bought gtx 970 and i7 4790k and only bought ac unity & watch dogs , i haven't played any game in long time , for around three years and now i have the system to play almost any game,

can you recommend any really good games to play, if possible can you list some in order from high to low 

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7 4790k

-GPU- 

Gigabyte 970 g1

-STORAGE- 

250gb ssd

Western Digital 1tb HDD

-RAM- 

(2x4gb) 

-PSU- 

EVGA supernova 850w gold+

-MOBO- 

ASUS z97-a

-CASE-

Some ATX Sized No-Brand

-PERIPHERALS-

Some Mouse and Keyboard.

if you don't know what games to play.. why did you buy the PC?

To have a PC.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

COUNTER STRIKE:GLOBAL OFFENSIVE

+1

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

if you don't know what games to play.. why did you buy the PC?

well its time to start playing , really stupid question u have there   + computer is used for many more things than just gaming

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7 4790k

-GPU- 

Gigabyte 970 g1

-STORAGE- 

250gb ssd

Western Digital 1tb HDD

-RAM- 

(2x4gb) 

-PSU- 

-MOBO- 

ASUS z97-a

-CASE-

Some ATX Sized No-Brand

-PERIPHERALS-

Some Mouse and Keyboard.

To have a PC.

well its time to start playing , really stupid question u have there   + computer is used for many more things than just gaming

And just casualy buy a 970....

And just casualy buy a 970....

I bought a 970 for an internet browsing machine.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Battlefield 4 (by far the best PC game ever created IMHO)
Crysis 3 (for the graphics the game is not that good but it's still fun but the tech behind this game is nice)
Tomb raider has nice graphics, but it's getting hold and it wont push your system very hard...
The Metro games (metro last light is very nice)
The new call of duty advanced warfare is AMAZING
FArcry4 if you like a game that goes on forever...

Assassin's creed unity i love this game (USe FXAA it looks awesome and you will get good framerates)

Max Payne 3 i loved that game...again the graphics are nice but the game is getting old and wont push your system very hard

TRINE 2 OMG that game is just truly beautiful from the music to the sounds the gameplay the graphics it's all very nice i loved that game.

to really test your machine in dept about how it performs with AAA modern gen games i still think that watchdogs, Dragon age inquisition and UNITY are the games to try out because they are built from the ground up with the new gen consoles in mind and they will use the available ressources from both your multi-core CPU and your powerful GPU.

GTA V will also be interesting i'm sure...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

and now i have the system to play almost any game,

Fixed. There's nothing you can't play, albeit not everything at super-high (1440p+) resolutions without sacrificing some detail.

It's hard to recommend games without at least some vague idea of your preferences, but for recent big releases I'd add Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Alien Isolation to the suggestions above. You could also look in to the Civilization series (V and Beyond Earth being the most recent) and Dragon Age: Inquisition as they are excellent, though they may not have the same broad appeal of some of the other suggestions.

Don't ignore indie titles, there are so many amazing ones available today. Again, I have no idea what you'd like, but have a look at Insurgency, Transistor, Terraria, FTL, Endless Legend, and pretty much anything by Telltale.

By the way, these suggestions should be taken as a place to start. You should check out reviews to see if any of these actually interest you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTFohR7GUZYcD8t4bbSKYpnsjMWf19Qgo <- this may help.

Fixed. There's nothing you can't play, albeit not everything at super-high (1440p+) resolutions without sacrificing some detail.

It's hard to recommend games without at least some vague idea of your preferences, but for recent big releases I'd add Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Alien Isolation to the suggestions above. You could also look in to the Civilization series (V and Beyond Earth being the most recent) and Dragon Age: Inquisition as they are excellent, though they may not have the same broad appeal of some of the other suggestions.

Don't ignore indie titles, there are so many amazing ones available today. Again, I have no idea what you'd like, but have a look at Insurgency, Transistor, Terraria, FTL, Endless Legend, and pretty much anything by Telltale.

By the way, these suggestions should be taken as a place to start. You should check out reviews to see if any of these actually interest you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTFohR7GUZYcD8t4bbSKYpnsjMWf19Qgo <- this may help.

thank you for your opinion.

i like shooting , open world ,adventure , spy (killing while hidden) 

but i havent tryed any games for a while so i dont know which one i will like,  any good game will do  which is fun to play and give a good time,

i am starting with cod advance warfare , and will get gta v when its out. can you list any good games out there in 2012 , 2013 and 2014

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7 4790k

-GPU- 

Gigabyte 970 g1

-STORAGE- 

250gb ssd

Western Digital 1tb HDD

-RAM- 

(2x4gb) 

-PSU- 

-MOBO- 

ASUS z97-a

-CASE-

Some ATX Sized No-Brand

-PERIPHERALS-

Some Mouse and Keyboard.

thank you for your opinion.

i like shooting , open world ,adventure , spy (killing while hidden) 

but i havent tryed any games for a while so i dont know which one i will like,  any good game will do  which is fun to play and give a good time,

i am starting with cod advance warfare , and will get gta v when its out. can you list any good games out there in 2012 , 2013 and 2014

If you like stealth action games, I'd recommend Dishonored first and foremost. It's story DLC (The Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches) are arguably as good as the base game. There's Deus Ex: Human Revolution, one of my favorite games of the last decade, and with a big stealth focus. And I really enjoyed the 2014 Thief reboot, though that's a lot more stealth and a lot less combat.

By the way, there may be a very large Steam Holiday sale starting within the next week or so. Good time to buy.

Hitman : Absolution is a nice stealth game..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

BeamNG, Dark Souls, Path of Exile, Killing Floor, Killing Floor 2 (when it is released :D), War Thunder, Path of Exile... 

Or you can put your CPU to the test in single core performance and play with emulators like PCSX2 and Dolphin.

I personally don't care much for these new triple-A titles. The only purpose they serve me is benchmarking, gameplay-wise, they just fall flat on their asses.

That's just me though, if you liked Far Cry or Assassin's Creed then good for you, they just don't have good gameplay value to them.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Battlefield 3- because its better than bf4 and my personal favourite game yet

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Battlefield 3- because its better than bf4 and my personal favourite game yet

play battelfield 4 a little more...it's a lot better than BF3.

Here, feel free to add me as your friend!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Yansag1982/stats/362847852/pc/

play battelfield 4 a little more...it's a lot better than BF3.

Here, feel free to add me as your friend!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Yansag1982/stats/362847852/pc/

Nah, I just dont like the movement, netcode, weapon balance, grenadenspam, bad spawn points, too much unnecessary gadgets etc. so I'm sticking with bf3 operation metro conquest small 32-48 players

will add

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

COUNTER STRIKE:GLOBAL OFFENSIVE  

Uhh, the OP asked for "GOOD" games.

i receantly bought gtx 970 and i7 4790k and only bought ac unity & watch dogs , i haven't played any game in long time , for around three years and now i have the system to play almost any game,

can you recommend any really good games to play, if possible can you list some in order from high to low 

I've seen Trine 2 and Killing Floor and such recommended here. I'd like to suggest taking a crack at the following:

Skyrim

Fallout: New Vegas

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth

Dark Souls (warning: requires elbow grease to work)

Dark Souls 2

Don't Starve

FTL: Faster Than Light

Dragon Age Origins

Dragon Age Inquisition

Far Cry 3 (spend no more than $10... it's an Ubisoft title)

Far Cry 4 (see above)

Payday: The Heist (need friends for best experience)

Payday 2 (see above)

Terraria

Xcom: Enemy Unknown (with DLC for Enemy Within)

Batman Arkham series (Origins --> Asylum --> City --> Knight is chronological order)

Borderlands

Borderlands 2

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Sleeping Dogs (could pick up Definitive Edition from the get-go)

Metro 2033 (Redux works too. Better performance but sidegrade in visuals; better lighting/effects but worse textures)

Metro Last Light (I believe Redux is a pure upgrade here)

Tomb Raider 2013

Bioshock Infinite (because it's pretty)

Dishonored

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (can't remember if this is good or bad, honestly)

Grid 2 (if you like le racing)

Grid Autosport

Diablo 3 (and Reaper of Souls)

This War of Mine

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

Okay, my brain is shutting down into sleep mode. I think that's a healthy list. Hope you enjoy at least some of them!

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

And CS:GO is a good game.

Great game*

That can admittedly be anti-fun since the community makes too huge of a deal out of competitive and matches last forever and a half. And hacks everywhere.

Great game*

That can admittedly be anti-fun since the community makes too huge of a deal out of competitive and matches last forever and a half. And hacks everywhere.

Hmm casual sucks and yet i play there most of the time, Comp is the real deal, Arms Race is fun, Deathmatch is the time to get the most points. 

Hmm casual sucks and yet i play there most of the time, Comp is the real deal, Arms Race is fun, Deathmatch is the time to get the most points. 

You pretty much described my feeling on the matter aside from "comp is the real deal." It is so full of hacking and / or people who freak the hell out WAAAAAY too much.

It becomes much more enjoyable when I mute people, but I lose communication with the team :\

You pretty much described my feeling on the matter aside from "comp is the real deal." It is so full of hacking and / or people who freak the hell out WAAAAAY too much.

It becomes much more enjoyable when I mute people, but I lose communication with the team :\

Casual is the worst, you either have people playing Sandstorm or just trolling the hell out of you.