Etremely laggy on MINECRAFT

mostechtips

i have a gtx 980 with a i7 4790k and 8 gb of ram but no matter what i only get 100-60 frames per second yet i used to get 120 and up on my laptop 

Cpu: i7 4790k Mobo: Asus z97-A  PSU:Ultra Semi-Modular 850w SSD: Kingston 240gb HDD: Segate 1tb Ram: 2x8gb G.Skill ram GPU: Zotaz GTX 980 AMP! Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed 

i have a gtx 980 with a i7 4790k and 8 gb of ram but no matter what i only get 100-60 frames per second yet i used to get 120 and up on my laptop 

its your GPU.

you need atleast a GT 610 or worse to even touch minecraft playability. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

do you a 64 bit version of java? also have you allocated enough ram?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

its your GPU.

lol :D  :D  :D  :D

Cpu: i7 4790k Mobo: Asus z97-A  PSU:Ultra Semi-Modular 850w SSD: Kingston 240gb HDD: Segate 1tb Ram: 2x8gb G.Skill ram GPU: Zotaz GTX 980 AMP! Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed 

do you a 64 bit version of java? also have you allocated enough ram?

yes i do and i have allocated 6gb of ram 

lol :D  :D  :D  :D

minecraft is just extremely un optimized.

64 bit java, allocate as much ram as you're comfy with and get optifine. should fix most problems. (seriously i have A10 4600m and 7660G no optifine i get like 12FPS with optifine i get above 40. :D it just allows an un optimized game be optimized. <3)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

minecraft is just extremely un optimized.

64 bit java, allocate as much ram as you're comfy with and get optifine. should fix most problems. (seriously i have A10 4600m and 7660G no optifine i get like 12FPS with optifine i get above 40. :D it just allows an un optimized game be optimized. <3)

okay thank you 

Is V-Sync on...

And is Hyper Threading rendering enabled?

Are you're settings up extremely high (I have issues at 24+ Chunks rendered)...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Is V-Sync on...

yeah that too.

also make sure you're running the latest versio of minecraft and turn framrate limits off.

-Jim Hensen

okay thank you

... Ok well if your monitor ( I presume it is) is a standard 60hz monitor, or even 75, you are already hitting the max frames you see. You can have 10000 fps but you will see only what your monitors refresh rate is.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

... Ok well if your monitor ( I presume it is) is a standard 60hz monitor, or even 75, you are already hitting the max frames you see. You can have 10000 fps but you will see only what your monitors refresh rate is.

i know but im kind of disappointed that a 980 cant get more than 200 frames

i know but im kind of disappointed that a 980 cant get more than 200 frames

It can... Mine was getting ~380 at maxed settings... Is you're CPU throttling? What's the clock speed it's running @?

And once again... Is VSync off...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

It can... Mine was getting ~380 at maxed settings... Is you're CPU throttling? What's the clock speed it's running @?

personally... for a game like minecraft.... 

i dont think there's much advantage going above 60 unless you're in a really big PVP situation.

its one of those games i'd like to play at settings low enough my hardware doesnt even notice its playing a game.

-Jim Hensen

no and I don't know what the cpu throttling is my speed is it running is 4.0ghz

What I understand from reading this: He is just wonderung why he isn't getting more fps (which he absolutely should!). He knows that >60 are enough.

I would open task manager (to monitor cpu and ram usage) and a tool to monitor gpu usage (msi afterburner). That will give you an idea for whats going on. Normally if you dont have vsync or other limiters your gpu should be ar aound 100% and produce way more fps. If you dont have optifine installed, thats likely going to be the reason.

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

Similar setup, similar issue. Suprisingly for me when I remove my GTX980 I get a smoother experience. I capped my game at 120fps to try and keep it reasonable but it's almost no use. Crashed like every couple minutes but without the GPU in I can go for hours on end.

That game though....

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

its your GPU.

This made me chuckle :P

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

Similar setup, similar issue. Suprisingly for me when I remove my GTX980 I get a smoother experience. I capped my game at 120fps to try and keep it reasonable but it's almost no use. Crashed like every couple minutes but without the GPU in I can go for hours on end.

That game though....

i know

Do you have optifine? There's some great stuff in there to juice more performance out of multicore and powerful systems.

Do you have optifine? There's some great stuff in there to juice more performance out of multicore and powerful systems.

ya I have it

Likewise - I had optifine and it prolonged it by a few minutes only.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

My GT610 (yes, I do play Minecraft with a GT610) runs it at like what, 80FPS? My laptop does worse at like 20FPS on low, but then again, it's HP.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D