DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

thorpj
Go to solution Solved by Novasty,

Hmm, damn schools trying to ruin all the fun :)

So is that the only driver causing any issues?

I've still got this warning over the HD Audio driver. Not sure what's up with that

1jMDhvY.png

Well, from what I see, you are still missing your Intel ME Interface drivers and a general information for a device that won't start without anything else? Have you tried re-installing everything that has to do with audio on your computer (Yes, this includes your graphics)? Windows is basically saying it has a problem, but it doesn't know why.

I noticed that two of the 3 dmp files you uploaded, that the cause is a driver associated with OpenVPN. Now that doesn't necessarily mean you installed a dedicated VPN service on your own. It could of came with one of your applications that uses VPN to help protect your privacy on the internet. Since it was 2/3 of the three, I want to get those two out of the way first.

Hmm, it must have come with something else. There were a number of TAP drivers, i've uninstalled them all (PC still works, so i haven't broken anything :0 )

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Hmm, it must have come with something else. There were a number of TAP drivers, i've uninstalled them all (PC still works, so i haven't broken anything :0 )

It shouldn't of broken anything, except maybe an anti-virus feature or firewall feature. I have that driver installed myself, but that is because I use VPN services (really useful for circumventing school internet/game restriction policies).

It shouldn't of broken anything, except maybe an anti-virus feature or firewall feature. I have that driver installed myself, but that is because I use VPN services (really useful for circumventing school internet/game restriction policies).

I've still got this warning over the HD Audio driver. Not sure what's up with that

1jMDhvY.png

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

1jMDhvY.png

Well, from what I see, you are still missing your Intel ME Interface drivers and a general information for a device that won't start without anything else? Have you tried re-installing everything that has to do with audio on your computer (Yes, this includes your graphics)? Windows is basically saying it has a problem, but it doesn't know why.

Well recently i uninstalled AMD and Intel audio drivers. I had installed them when i installed the graphics drivers for each, and figured that i didn't need the two audio drivers, since i use Realtek's.

Pretty sure i installed the ME driver, but perhaps i missed it. I'll run the setup for it, and it should detect if it's already installed.

EDIT: I've installed ME.

Will i have to Uninstall AMD and Intel (via DDU) graphics drivers and reinstall with the audio components

btw, thanks for your help, i really appreciate it

Well recently i uninstalled AMD and Intel audio drivers. I had installed them when i installed the graphics drivers for each, and figured that i didn't need the two audio drivers, since i use Realtek's.

Pretty sure i installed the ME driver, but perhaps i missed it. I'll run the setup for it, and it should detect if it's already installed.

well PCI Simple Communications Controller is only associated with ME. In all seriousness, get it off the motherboard manufacturer. It is a pain in the ass to get it from Intel download center. You only have three possible audio sources based on the information you gave, Intel Display Audio (Can be replaced with generic Microsoft drivers I guess), Realtek Audio (Also can be replaced with generic Microsoft, getting the Realtek version from the source is sometimes a pain), and AMD Audio from your GPU (in the event you decide to use HDMI/DP).

Update your motherboard drivers and BIOS. That fixed this BSOD for me.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

well PCI Simple Communications Controller is only associated with ME. In all seriousness, get it off the motherboard manufacturer. It is a pain in the ass to get it from Intel download center. You only have three possible audio sources based on the information you gave, Intel Display Audio (Can be replaced with generic Microsoft drivers I guess), Realtek Audio (Also can be replaced with generic Microsoft, getting the Realtek version from the source is sometimes a pain), and AMD Audio from your GPU (in the even you decide to use HDMI/DP).

Indeed it is, that PCI entry is gone, so that's all good.

I got the ME, realtek and intel from Asus.

I use HDMI on a third monitor (well a TV) that i added yesterday. But i don't play sound through it.

Argh. i've downloaded the update recommended, but i'm hesitant to install it. I've heard flashing has a risk to it, and i'm concerned about using the Asus bupdater method.

I'm using version 2001. The version recommended for a 4690k is 2003.

cY8pQO5.png

@Novasty What are your thoughts?

Argh. i've downloaded the update recommended, but i'm hesitant to install it. I've heard flashing has a risk to it, and i'm concerned about using the Asus bupdater method.

cY8pQO5.png

Again, this is what I did. Also, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Again, this is what I did. Also, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It's probably best that i do.

cY8pQO5.png

I'd go for it, don't use the bupdater tool, if you can just do it in the BIOS menu itself. I usually don't update the BIOS, but do it as a last resort, however, I always update the BIOS before a fresh install of an OS.

That is one way to fix it a BSOD, but not all are the same. Is a good idea none the less. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL can be caused by many different things. One example is I had a network card that gave the same BSOD on a fresh Windows 8.1 install, but worked fine if I removed the network card and installed it after installing Windows.

I'd go for it, don't use the bupdater tool, if you can just do it in the BIOS menu itself. I usually don't update the BIOS, but do it as a last resort, however, I always update the BIOS before a fresh install of an OS.

That is one way to fix it a BSOD, but not all are the same. Is a good idea none the less. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL can be caused by many different things. One example is I had a network card that gave the same BSOD on a fresh Windows 8.1 install, but worked fine if I removed the network card and installed it after installing Windows.

Updating now *fingers crossed*

I'm willing to reinstall Windows again.

Also, i found two entries under faq for my mobo which could be helpful. From what i gathered, installing drivers, then upgrading to windows 8.1 can cause issues.

I've installed win 8 from scratch. But perhaps i've missed something there, perhaps i installed 8, and it upgraded to 8.1. 

http://www.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1006890/

http://www.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1006891/

Update: Booted back into Windows.

Edit: And that extra HD Audio Device is gone

5fc2YjG.png

Updating now *fingers crossed*

I'm willing to reinstall Windows again.

Also, i found two entries under faq for my mobo which could be helpful. From what i gathered, installing drivers, then upgrading to windows 8.1 can cause issues.

I've installed win 8 from scratch. But perhaps i've missed something there, perhaps i installed 8, and it upgraded to 8.1. 

http://www.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1006890/

http://www.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1006891/

Update: Booted back into Windows.

You should be fine for now, as the main cause of your BCCode: D1 issue was the TAP Driver, if you get anymore errors and a couple of new DMP files pop up. Just post it on the forums and someone will try to debug it for you.

You should be fine for now, as the main cause of your BCCode: D1 issue was the TAP Driver, if you get anymore errors and a couple of new DMP files pop up. Just post it on the forums and someone will try to debug it for you.

That's great!

thanks so much for your help, without your help, there'd probably be a foot-sized hole in my PC right now :0

That's great!

thanks so much for your help, without your help, there'd probably be a foot-sized hole in my PC right now :0

Perfect! Now to go back to lurking in the shadows for maybe another year (maybe xD).

Perfect! Now to go back to lurking in the shadows for maybe another year (maybe xD).

He he, i hope i don't have to come back to the troubleshooting forum for a long time, because that'll mean that everything is working!

But really, i know what you mean. I spend time on the forums helping others. I'm not a one-post wonder :)