DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

thorpj
Go to solution Solved by Novasty,

Hmm, damn schools trying to ruin all the fun :)

So is that the only driver causing any issues?

I've still got this warning over the HD Audio driver. Not sure what's up with that

1jMDhvY.png

Well, from what I see, you are still missing your Intel ME Interface drivers and a general information for a device that won't start without anything else? Have you tried re-installing everything that has to do with audio on your computer (Yes, this includes your graphics)? Windows is basically saying it has a problem, but it doesn't know why.

Hi everybody.

My PC had been restarting after shutdown, suggesting a system problem. I've changed a setting to fix that

eSaJGFu.png

But the issue remains: why is it doing this

So i've gone through the steps to analyse the MEMORY.DMP file, with the result: 

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000040000000a, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff801d0fdc250, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tap0901.sys

This is my second install of Windows 8.1, and i had the "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" appearing in event viewer with my previous install (I had an FX-6300 & Gigabyte GA-970-D3P)

So what's going on, because I haven't got a clue.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

A warning in event viewer: 

L7aFASo.png

Another Event under system

L7aFASo.png

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

This happens to me too. Atleast once a week.

I'm going to keep track of this thread...

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

This happens to me too. Atleast once a week.

I'm going to keep track of this thread...

I hope that in solving my issue, it will help yours.

I hope that in solving my issue, it will help yours.

What is do know, is it can be caused by outdated drivers. I remember making a thread about it a while back. Can't find it ATM as I am on mobile.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What is do know, is it can be caused by outdated drivers. I remember making a thread about it a while back. Can't find it ATM as I am on mobile.

I uninstalled AMD CCC 14.9 via DDU, and have installed Omega. 

Curiously, a folder for 14.9 and 14.12 Omega have a folder each under C:\AMD

I uninstalled AMD CCC 14.9 via DDU, and have installed Omega. 

Curiously, a folder for 14.9 and 14.12 Omega have a folder each under C:\AMD

Well my PC is Nvidia/intel. So I can't help you there :P

Well my PC is Nvidia/intel. So I can't help you there :P

I'm just providing as much info as i can for anyone willing to hope.

Normally by now, there's a couple of people trying to help. But i've noticed in the last week it's been a little quiet...

I'm just providing as much info as i can for anyone willing to hope.

Normally by now, there's a couple of people trying to help. But i've noticed in the last week it's been a little quiet...

It's quiet time on the forum. Wait maybe 12-14 hours and you should have a couple people in here.

I usually refrain posting at night for that reason.

The only thing I can tell you is to update all your drivers lol

It's quiet time on the forum. Wait maybe 12-14 hours and you should have a couple people in here.

I usually refrain posting at night for that reason.

The only thing I can tell you is to update all your drivers lol

Ah right, so i've just got the wrong time of day.

AFAIK, my drivers are up to date. 

This HD Audio driver was fine this morning, and that PCI simple comm controller has been like that since forever. I've never fixed it, and AFAIK it's never affected anything.

1jMDhvY.png

Can you upload your dump files? Just having them makes it a whole lot easier trying to identify the issue.

Can you upload your dump files? Just having them makes it a whole lot easier trying to identify the issue.

Would that be the C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP  ?

Would that be the C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP  ?

My bad, check if there is anything inside C:\Windows\Minidump, I've experienced something similar but it was a blue screen, so a minidump might exist.

My bad, check if there is anything inside C:\Windows\Minidump, I've experienced something similar but it was a blue screen, so a minidump might exist.

There are 4 .dmp files under C:\Windows\Minidump. However i haven't experienced a BSOD 

There are 4 .dmp files under C:\Windows\Minidump. However i haven't experienced a BSOD 

Please upload them anyways. If the date on them is anywhere close to when you have your issues, it may help resolve things.

I'm pretty sure there's some sort of software that lets you view the info about the last BSOD.

Please upload them anyways. If the date on them is anywhere close to when you have your issues, it may help resolve things.

Currently uploading to OneDrive (my internet is terrible) i'll share it via a link when it's done

I'm pretty sure there's some sort of software that lets you view the info about the last BSOD.

I haven't had a BSOD (AFAIK)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4338BBED5746FFD5!6102&authkey=!AE7UZOWw3UmJqO8&ithint=folder%2c

Currently uploading to OneDrive (my internet is terrible) i'll share it via a link when it's done

I haven't had a BSOD (AFAIK)

That's weird. The only time I see that message is on BSOD.

That's weird. The only time I see that message is on BSOD.

Perhaps, 

I made this thread, (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/270958-mouse-and-audio-problems/) perhaps the shutdown mentioned there created a dump file.

Do you have any VPNs installed?

No.

No.

Check your device manager, under network adapters, do you have anything installed with TAP in its name?

Check your device manager, under network adapters, do you have anything installed with TAP in its name?

Would that indicate any VPN installed?

Would that indicate any VPN installed?

I noticed that two of the 3 dmp files you uploaded, that the cause is a driver associated with OpenVPN. Now that doesn't necessarily mean you installed a dedicated VPN service on your own. It could of came with one of your applications that uses VPN to help protect your privacy on the internet. Since it was two of the three, I want to get those two out of the way first.

EDIT: Another question, did you have any errors today? These dumps are date for December 16, 2014.