Why I left GamerGate

Mooshi

Off-topic board is off-topic, but yeah. Been following for months and while there are important issues brought up, GG became the thing it hated in the long run. The monetized videos, Patreons and other projects while at the same time calling out SJWs for having Patreons and kickstarters..dat hypocrisy. Not only was that a turn-off, but so was hearing the same message on a daily basis that flooded my Twitter. In fact, I revived an old Twitter just to not have to see the same crap daily and actually focus on the /fun/ side of video games.

What probably bothers me more that is tied to the hypocrisy is the overwhelming support for the game "Hatred" from a lot of #GamerGate supporters. I'm sorry, but when your reasoning is "SJW tears" you're no better than they are. Gamers get a bad rep and to even want something like this that will only lead to more negative attention makes no sense. This pissing contest of spite is exactly why outsiders had a hard time seeing any ethics and dubbed the movement as a bunch of permavirgins taking video games too seriously. There /is/ corruption and there /is/ serious issues, that stuff I'm still against. The hashtag, though. It's morphed into something that was a potential force to shut down the likes of Gawker to being a clusterfuck of motives. I no longer feel the need to use #GamerGate anymore nor intend to log back into that Twitter account that gained 600+ followers. Not bad for someone who used to bash the site.

Just like with the political spectrum, I'm going to have to go independent here. I believe there are bad things that need to be addressed, but I can't go with team GG anymore. I'll always be an ally in a sense because of loathing of vile individuals profiting off lies such as Sarkeesian or trans-woman Brianna Wu. When you tell others they are privileged in a negative way while you have wealthy parents who gave you money on top of the internet from e-begging, you are scum. I'm sorry, but to be blunt you are scum. People like that are disgusting and of course I will speak against them. I don't need a label to have opinions and I will now keep things this way. It goes both ways, the people in GG who were profiting off it are also filth. 

Who/what is gamer gate?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Goodbye, don't let the door hit yer on the way out

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Cool, I don't care about the hashtag or anything, I merely point out the things SJW were caught doing and that's it, there is not really a need for a continuous debate on it when facts are on your side: State them, let others judge them and move on. There's no need to keep debating with anyone on it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Lol.

There's going to be those kinds of people in literally every group of people who are associated with a cause.

Welcome to life.

Who/what is gamer gate?

It's hard to explain, but gamergate is the reaction to Zoe Quinn's scandal where she traded sex favors in return for favorable reviews on her game Depression Quest. It's also protest against the state of video game journalism and the corruption in websites such as Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, etc. Gawker sites especially. The anti-gamergate movement, made up mainly of "feminists", tumblr users, and Social Justice Warriors, view gamergate as just an immature movement of manchildren. In reality, it's just a mess between GG and anti-gg.

While I still openly support Gamergate, I feel that it's gone from actual campaigning to make video game journalism honest to just a full blown "Fuck SJWs" circlejerk. 

http://gamergateharassment.tumblr.com/ this blog showcases some of the stupidity and hypocrisy from the Anti-gamergate side.

Googling GamerGate gave me a wikipedia article about a female ant. Thank you google.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I have a feeling all the people who support hatred (like you said on GG) are edgy 12 year olds.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

YYPZbbo.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

why can't everyone just love everyone else and let everyone play any game without such huge issues in the industry and in games

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Cool, I don't care about the hashtag or anything, I merely point out the things SJW were caught doing and that's it, there is not really a need for a continuous debate on it when facts are on your side: State them, let others judge them and move on. There's no need to keep debating with anyone on it.

tumblr_lqdyzot8161qafrh6.gif

That's pretty much what I've done in my support of gamergate too. That's also the biggest issue with anti-gamergate supporters is a lot of biased coverage.

Especially when a few trolls or edgy GG supporters send death threats to Anti-gamergaters, they assume all of gamergate is like that.

Then spout death threats themselves or vulgar insults seconds later. What's crazier? They have positions at liberal news websites or opinion sites and still have their jobs, despite their vicious attitudes they had on twitter. Don't even get me started on anti-gamergaters doxxing gamergate supporters.

The core principles of GG are still good and I support those, but as I said, I don't need a label to call out bullshit.  I've simply had enough of the same thing daily. Like cycling for hours in Pokemon trying to hatch eggs, eventually you grow tired of doing that tedius task and want to have fun again. This was GamerGate to me. I get it, Sarkeesian is crazy, Brianna Wu is a privileged nutjob, Zoe Quinn can't make real games, Devi (and whatever name they go by now) is a con-artist and the likes of Gawker(Kotaku) and Vox Media (Polygon) are god awful. I see this posted every single day. I don't need to be reminded of the obvious message on repeat, that's what cults do.

*sidenote: Not sure if for the better, but due to being a GG supporter for months, some of that stuff rubbed off on me and left me being extremely paranoid on which devs to trust and also being leery whenever someone links to certain sites on this forum. I'd rather my fav tech community doesn't give bad sites more traffic.

I repeat, on core principles, I still support the cause. it's the # and so on that I'm walking away from. Gets tiring being told the exact same message day in and day out.

why can't everyone just love everyone else and let everyone play any game without such huge issues in the industry and in games

I've been asking the same question, unfortunately, it's just that we've got idiotic SJWs following the words of their lord and savior, Anita Sarkeesian, and believing the entire video game industry hates women and uses them as selling points in games.

I've been asking the same question, unfortunately, it's just that we've got idiotic SJWs following the words of their lord and savior, Anita Sarkeesian, and believing the entire video game industry hates women and uses them as selling points in games.

There's worse SJW's than Sarkeesian in the world. She's just a minion compared to Al Sharpton and a couple others.

There's worse SJW's than Sarkeesian in the world. She's just a minion compared to Al Sharpton and a couple others.

Indeed. There's also Brianna Wu, Suey Park, Ben Dreyfuss, etc.

The list goes on and on, the fine example of liberalism and progressivism today. 

Then the tumblr, twitter, and gawker echochambers repeats everything said by anybody claiming near nonexistent issues..

Im glad you're removing yourself from the hate circle-jerk every one of these topics has become.  It's draining just thinking about it, and i'm not following it in the slightest.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Im glad you're removing yourself from the hate circle-jerk every one of these topics has become. It's draining just thinking about it, and i'm not following it in the slightest.

They came for the trade unionists, and I did nothing...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

This is true, but Sharpton is more a race baiter than anything else. The reason Sarkeesian gets flak is because she claims to be a games critic while fabricating the objectives in games to get non gamers believing everything is an attack against women. I've talked to several women who wish she'd do actual research. 

Im glad you're removing yourself from the hate circle-jerk every one of these topics has become.  It's draining just thinking about it, and i'm not following it in the slightest.

Oh, it was draining.  Not everyone is like this, but I can definitely understand an outsider point of view. I'm not going to bash anyone on LTT who is a GG supporter, that's their business. I believe in the key aspects, but that's as far as I'm willing to go anymore.

They came for the trade unionists, and I did nothing...

I'm fine with however games turn out, I already have more games than I'll be able to play.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I'm fine with however games turn out, I already have more games than I'll be able to play.

Completely missing the point and reinforcing it at the same time.

Completely missing the point and reinforcing it at the same time.

I think you're already too invested in this if you're trying to compare gamergate to the third reich.

This is true, but Sharpton is more a race baiter than anything else. The reason Sarkeesian gets flak is because she claims to be a games critic while fabricating the objectives in games to get non gamers believing everything is an attack against women. I've talked to several women who wish she'd do actual research. 

That's always been the case. Anyone with two brain cells - or common sense in other words - could see what she's doing, male or female. It's apparently sexist when a straight white male says something negative about her viewpoint, though. Such is life when those who call for tolerance don't follow their own preaching.

Al Sharpton almost does the same thing. Yes, he is a race baiter, but he still thrives off of calling for justice when a black American is brought up in any issue and gets all of the sheep riled up and ready to start protests and riots. He only ever comes into a situation's defense when it fits his viewpoint and can make him money, just like what Anita does. She thrives off of the tumblr culture.

In the end, we're gamers. We deserve games free of drama and shilling. Games that are fun and not agenda based or being edge for the sake of edge. No gimmicks, just good times.

Does anyone want to explain to me what this is? Preferably in under 3 sentences? Or would I be better off not knowing?

does it have anything to do with women?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Does anyone want to explain to me what this is? Preferably in under 3 sentences? Or would I be better off not knowing?

does it have anything to do with women?

Come on now... read it. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^