How to find old wifi passwords?

theelitegamer
Go to solution Solved by QueenDemetria,

Hey guys what's sup? I have a question question. I bought a new hard drive and fresh new windows and all. Only thing I forgot I mostly used my friends wifi and had it as backed up incase my dad downloaded his movies. Well the time have come and I don't have the wifi password BUT, I have the hard drive I used to have. Is there anyway to find the old file for wifi passwords? they both have the same OS and everything. Thanks in advance 

If you can plug in your old HDD to your PC, you can copy the .XML files and use this: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html

and follow this to find the old passwords:

Windows XP: The wireless keys are stored in the Registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WZCSVC\Parameters\Interfaces[interface Guid].

Windows Vista: The wireless keys are stored in the file system, under c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles\Interfaces[interface Guid]. The encrypted keys are stored in .xml file. You will need to enable "show hidden files" to find this directory.

If you are using Windows 7 then follow the one for Vista. Also, they keys won't be in the C drive(since that is your current HDD) but they will be the D drive or whatever letter it was assigned.

Is there a way to copy and paste it to the Currect windows and load it?

You could try copying your old .xml files to the new directory, but I would take note of which ones you are copying(in case if something goes wrong and you need to delete them from the new HDD). I don't think they will work if you just copy them, but you should be able to get the password from them.

Is there anyway you can plug your/a computer into the router/modem for a moment

By the one I'm trying to connect too? Not if I want to go to jail.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I think I'm going ask him again screw it. I'm actually concerned why it's not working for that one. I got my (LWG) and his and it's not going to his password. Gives me an headache. If only I could crack that hex code.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.