Xbox One only release in certain US states at launch

brat137

Here is the source http://www.p4rgaming.com/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-will-only-work-in-21-states-in-the-us-at-launch/

Latest reports suggest that the Xbone will not only be limited to 21 Countries upon release but within the USA it will be limited to release in only 21 states. Citing obesity as one of their reasons. 

Surely Microsoft wouldn't do this? They would have to realise this is going too far with their stupidity. Its marketing suicide! Seriously 21 states only would be up among their worst mistakes with Xbone. The USA is their biggest market and they want to cut that market in half!

I can see this in the future

"Breaking News: Microsoft Hates Fat People"

Article is fake, there is no way that they are doing this.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

FAKE!!!!

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I've heard this is fake. I can't see why they would take in obesity rates into effect, and other factors that they have listed. This thing will be available in all states.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Yeah it could well be a fake article. And almost definitely is but with everything else they are doing a small part of me just screamed out "REALLY?" :P

Yeah this definitely sounds fake. obese people are a big part of their consumer base. Also if they ever hope to gain any decent market share they'll be releasing it to cover most countries by the end of 2013 let alone 2015

Why waste everyone's time posting this on the forum when it is quite clearly fake?

Stop trying to up your post count and actually look at things you post and realise that it's fake

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Rocaat Pyra | Steelseries 7H | Corsair SP2500

Maybe next it will only work in 21 cities per state? Only 21 people can be online per city at a time? You have to be 21 or older to play.

If this is real I will jump off a 21 story building.

Why waste everyone's time posting this on the forum when it is quite clearly fake?

Stop trying to up your post count and actually look at things you post and realise that it's fake

I'm sorry to have wildly offended you with my post.  :lol: Its a funny read and may interest some people if it doesn't interest you. I am by no means trying to up my post count. What reason would I possibly have to increase my number of posts. If I was merely trying to boost my posts would you not see me posting in every single thread something useless along the lines of "Stop trying to boost your post count, GAWD" But enjoy telling me what I can and cannot post. There is an article reporting this. It may be false, it may not be. But I can post it and open up a discussion about its validity and the merit of such a decision from a company.