How fast is your boot time?

SeeingSharp

13 Seconds with Corsair Force GT 60GB SSD.

Good Morning...

Way too much because I have no SSD. :(

You can have it down to ~20sec (excluding BIOS time).

-> Make sure your SATA controller is set to AHCI mode

-> Deep defrag your HDD with something like O&O Defrag, (pick Optimize/Complete), this mode will put the most used files and boot process at the begging of your HDD where it's faster to access it, and the rest will follow. The process is very time consuming... you may want to leave it over night as you sleep (don't forget to turn off sleep before doing it, and turn back sleep after)

I had 19sec with my HDD with the above,

For instant boot you need:

-> Fast SSD

-> FULLY supported UEFI motherboard

-> GOP supported GPU (you need to contact the graphic card manufcature to get the firmware to make it GOP ready. Because, once it's GOP ready, it will no longer function on a traditional BIOS. Also not all GPU are ready for this, and it varies between manufactures to manufacture, depending if they put a firmware chip with sufficient space to support this updated firmware. EVGA GTX 600 are ready, that I know.

-> CSM turned off

-> SATA Mode set to AHCI

-> FastBoot enabled

-> Windows 8

If you have the above, your system will boot like this:

HP/Microsoft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QIi8xQ9Fg

ASUS:

ASRock:

Windows 8

Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD (120 GB)

About 22 seconds or so

-> Deep defrag your HDD with something like O&O Defrag, (pick Optimize/Complete), this mode will put the most used files and boot process at the begging of your HDD where it's faster to access it, and the rest will follow. The process is very time consuming... you may want to leave it over night as you sleep (don't forget to turn off sleep before doing it, and turn back sleep after)

-> Fast SSD

-> GOP supported GPU (you need to contact the graphic card manufcature to get the firmware to make it GOP ready. Because, once it's GOP ready, it will no longer function on a traditional BIOS. Also not all GPU are ready for this, and it varies between manufactures to manufacture, depending if they put a firmware chip with sufficient space to support this updated firmware. EVGA GTX 600 are ready, that I know.

-> CSM turned off

-> SATA Mode set to AHCI

-> FastBoot enabled

-> Windows 8

ASUS:

ASRock:

"-> FastBoot enabled"

Is this something in the BIOS or in the OS?

I wanna see a comparison of everyone's compared to mine :) Post in this format: OS: Type of Hard Drive(s): Time from powering on computer to the desktop (or Start Screen for Windows 8): ---------------- My results are: Windows 8 2 SATA 3 SSD's RAID 0 29.5 seconds -------------- I feel like I should be getting faster boot times' date=' is there something I may be doing wrong? [/quote']

Definetly sounds like something isnt right there, I would check your bios settings / SATA controllers, if your board has 2 SATA controllers perhaps try the SSD raid on the other controller.

As for myself, I run a Samsung 830 series 128GB SSD and my boot time is probably about 15-18 seconds. On my motherboard the AHCI bios does take about 3 seconds to check the drives though which does slow the process down.

Oh, I am on Windows 7 too, maybe its an issue with Windows 8? I know that my SSD was very fragile on Windows 7 until I resolved the issues, I would often get stuck on the windows splash screen or just bsod repeatedly but then randomly startup absolutely fine.

What SSD's are you running?

Drive: Samsung 830 120GB

Boot Time: Around 12-15 seconds

-> Fast SSD

-> CSM turned off

-> SATA Mode set to AHCI

-> FastBoot enabled

-> Windows 8

ASUS:

ASRock:

UEFI and Windows 8 (enabled by default).

BIOS "Fast Boot" simply skips some steps like RAM check. That is all.

UEFI Fast Boot feature means it communicates with the hardware and goes "give me all your specs so that I don't need to scan them", then UEFI does it's thing to start your computer, (which it can now do all together, and not one by one in order like the BIOS does), and finally the UEFI sends the info to the OS, which the OS takes and uses.

In the case of the BIOS, the OS and the BIOS don't communicate between each other. So, part of the work in detecting your hardware that the BIOS does, needs to be re-done again by the OS. Hence why BIOS is really much slower than UEFI as a user of the system, as BIOS is slow as crap.. the more component you have on your board the slower it gets (hence why cheapo motherboard or OEM always boot faster than fully features high-end boards), plus you need to wait for Windows to rescan part of the work that the BIOS did in detecting your hardware.

Of course, in order for the OS to get the info from UEFI, it needs to support this, and Windows 8 fully support UEFI (Windows 7 only the basic, where you can boot from one.. and not have the UEFI go 'Well... I am waiting for you to boot but you clearly not booting.. so because I timed out, I guess you don't support UEFI, so let boot you as if I was a BIOS", and then Windows boots).

If your motherboard only support part UEFI, or a hybrid-UEFI or of course uses a BIOS, then you cannot use the instant boot feature. Windows 8 will still boot faster though, as it uses a part hibernation system, where it writes parts of it's boot process in hibernation, which it does when you shutdown your computer. The difference is well... in my case, my motherboard is just a normal BIOS, with the same computer, same SSD, 19sec with Win7 Pro 64-bit, 11sec with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit with Media Center (this is after the BIOS does it's thing).

With a Corsair force 3, I think it I get less than 30 secs. Not too sure, I never stare at my boot anymore :D

La`~

Corsair Force GT 60GB SSD: 13 seconds.

Good Morning...

Mac OS 10.7

5400 RPM 120 gb hard drive

Like 1:30 lol

Win 7 ultimate with a homebrew driver hack, enabling much faster boot.

Corsair force GT's 256gb x 4 in raid 0, 6 seconds.

I'm looking at 26 seconds on an old as agility from OCZ.

I wanna see a comparison of everyone's compared to mine :) Post in this format: OS: Type of Hard Drive(s): Time from powering on computer to the desktop (or Start Screen for Windows 8): ---------------- My results are: Windows 8 2 SATA 3 SSD's RAID 0 29.5 seconds -------------- I feel like I should be getting faster boot times' date=' is there something I may be doing wrong? [/quote']

Definetly sounds like something isnt right there, I would check your bios settings / SATA controllers, if your board has 2 SATA controllers perhaps try the SSD raid on the other controller.

As for myself, I run a Samsung 830 series 128GB SSD and my boot time is probably about 15-18 seconds. On my motherboard the AHCI bios does take about 3 seconds to check the drives though which does slow the process down.

Oh, I am on Windows 7 too, maybe its an issue with Windows 8? I know that my SSD was very fragile on Windows 7 until I resolved the issues, I would often get stuck on the windows splash screen or just bsod repeatedly but then randomly startup absolutely fine.

What SSD's are you running?

2 Intel 330 Series in RAID 0

8 seconds after post with SanDisk Extreme 120gb :)

10 before enabling all core booting in msconfig

*edit: whoops, I didn't read it properly :P 24 seconds for the whole process

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Mine is about 20 seconds with fastboot on.

Always run an SSD on sata 3 if you have it as a HDD will not benefit from using sata 3 unless your using something like a velociraptor or something else high end

Windows 8 Pro

Seagate ST1000DM003, 1TB 7200 SATA3 drive.

24.5 seconds from pushing the on button to the mouse activity cursor changing to the normal arrow.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Windows 7 ultimate

Samsung 830 64gb

About 35 secconds

"No signature"

Windows 7 64 bits Ultimate.

Samsung 840 Pro 512GB (3x Raid 0)

Around 20-30 seconds.

my puter dose not even turn on i win!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Win7 64 ultimate

Crucial M4 64gb

20 seconds boot 30 full restart

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE