Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

I would love to win one of these cases. I think it would be a great to learn about mineral oil. I would make my building experience a science project and then my daily pc.

If I won I would want the Micro ATX version because Gigabyte makes a great Z97 gaming motherboard with everything (SATA Express, M.2, and SLI support). I would also take the Mini ITX version because I would like to explore what PCs can do and that it would be a great opportunity for learning.

Lately I would like to say that I am sorry about the lawsuit, Puget. I think it is stupid for LCS to take away a mineral oil case from Puget because LCS does industrial grade projects for major contractors. Also I love what your doing Linus and I also want to make a tech channel with some of my friends. I think this case would make a great opportunity for a science project and for people at my school to get into the tech world.

Thanks for the videos,

Murray Lebovitz

That company is a piece of shit, sorry Puget! Love your case and hope you get through it okay.

Saving up for oil for the holidays!

wow thats really bullshit whats happening. I guess i would like the matx kit but either would be awesome cuz right now i have to use a hp dv6 laptop.

I have always wanted to, but I have always just been under-budget. This might just send me over if I won it! And, Puget, if you're there. Good wishes, man, I hope that this gets resolved.

Finished my Downtown build earlier this year and am eager for a new project to start.  One of these would be crazy badass!  

Fingers crossed!

PS: Sucks really bad for Puget to get trolled like that.   :(  :(  :(

wonderful build linus and luke, puget great job on the case 

I hope everything works out, that case looks nice and clean. It's not a huge market but its nice to know someone has a product in the case somebody decides to go for a project like this and not have to do a fish tank mod, unless you want to. I was going to do either a complete custom water-cooled system or take my current system and mineral oil cool it next year, until I saw the video and became sold towards the oil idea since I could just save and buy a case. I'm fairly certain its only a troll and they'll continue the tanks afterwards!!! 

I wouldn't mind which size :)

Good luck Puget!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

It's an absolute shame that Pudget got hit by patent lawsuits; this really is the coolest thing I've seen from a boutique pc builder. I hope they can get some support, but if not, then the rest of the mineral oil enthusiasts will make ghetto rigs like Luke's old pc. 

Nice video series anyway, you guys did great with the video editing on the glamour shots. :)

mATX preferably

Sad to see Patent trolls. Aquarium PCs are always hilarious. I'd Showcase it in my living room!

Mini ITX if i get picked

Thanks Linus

I doubt i'll win, but i'd prefer the MATX V2 version. Thank you for the chance!

(Good luck Puget, sorry for your loss!)

I have always wanted to build i oil pc as it would look great on by desk

i dont mind what type i get

i live in canada

I would prefer one of the mITX kits. Definitely would enjoy a mineral pc but I don't think I could quite manage to DIY my own case. Would love to use your case as it looks really well built. I would be using the system in my spec and if my current gpu would't fit then I don't need the kit (can't afford a new gpu plus oil and such).

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Well, oil + computer parts sound amazing. wish the best of luck to Puget... stupid trolls...

mITX case would need less mineral oil, so =).  That one, I want that one.

The patent issue sucks, cause I was actually considering building one of these about half a year ago. I'd be interested in any of the sizes

I believe a friend of mine has used one of Puget's DIY kits. While the setup was basic, it looked amazing. The idea of doing a mineral oil build has always been sitting in the back of my mind, and I'm disappointed that the situation has come to this.  I hope the people at Puget aren't discouraged by what has happened.

I'm willing to buy new parts just to do a build with the kit, so either form factor would be fine.

Thats terrible for Puget... i hate when people almost...scratch that... when they abuse patents.

I was also going to build a gaming rig but this would be just as good for the games im playing

and if i were to choose one it would have to be the MATX but either one is ok.

I hope you do more builds on your channel soon because i really enjoyed watching 

you guys build this.

I don't want to enter, I just want to say that patent trolls are stupid, and I can't believe that someone would do that just to spite Puget.

I would be all over this. It'd actually give me a great excuse to go out and buy a GTX 980. Personally I'd try and come up with decorations less...fishy than Linus' build, but that's just me. Wonder how well LED strips would survive while submerged...hmm.

mATX preferred.

I am interested in either version of this kit since I have not yet purchased the hardware.  I am looking to replace my x58 + Xeon X5650 OC'd  system with this.  Purchasing the mineral oil will not be a problem.

Also, a shout out from a fellow Canadian.

Patent Trolls 0/10 - IGN

Trolling Patents 0/100 - Metacritic

Claiming copyright of someone else's stuff 10/10 - Chinese businesses

(No harm meant, just referencing this)

I'd prefer the mATX, because these systems are for gaming with bling, not for a constant work PC or small form factor.

The Matx Version seems cool! But that really sucks for them.....

Patent trolls should be tarred and feathered in my opinion. It really sucks that they can't sell off their remaining stock as well. If I was to win I would be happy with an ITX version.