Getting More Ships in SC

DtrollMC

I've been reading some documentation recently, and I read that your ship can get damaged/destroyed. Is this permanent? I know that there is insurance, but what if you don't have insurance? Is your ship gone for good?

What happens if you don't have a ship? Can you play the game without one, or buy more with in-game currency?

The insurance will be cheap so you should have your ships insured. In case you loose your ship it's not over. You can borrow money from the bank for the new ship and then pay it off. Alternatively you can work for some other players as a crew member and this way earn some money for the new ship.

There are plenty of options so no worry.

A bigger thing will be to avoid dying as there is a quite punishing death system in SC. There are two very interesting articles on the RSI website. They are called "death of the spaceman" and one more recent regarding the healing system. I don't remember the title of the latter one and the RSI site is blocked in my office so I can't give you links at this moment.

Cheers

The insurance will be cheap so you should have your ships insured. In case you loose your ship it's not over. You can borrow money from the bank for the new ship and then pay it off. Alternatively you can work for some other players as a crew member and this way earn some money for the new ship.

There are plenty of options so no worry.

A bigger thing will be to avoid dying as there is a quite punishing death system in SC. There are two very interesting articles on the RSI website. They are called "death of the spaceman" and one more recent regarding the healing system. I don't remember the title of the latter one and the RSI site is blocked in my office so I can't give you links at this moment.

Cheers

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman

Quite an interesting read. So you can buy more ships with the in-game currency?

Yes, your ship will be gone forever if you don't have insurance, but every new ship will come with some months of it. When it gets destroyed with endurance, you will get the original ship back, things like cargo and extra weapons aren't insured. Insurance is not going to be hard to maintain as it will be very cheap and won't affect your daily life and income in a big way.

If you don't have a ship, there should be possibilities to earn money as, for example, a gun-for-hire. You could go with other players' ships on missions and split the profit.

In game currency can be bought with real money, but only at limited amounts at a time, because too much would damage the stability of the economy.

I hope I answered your questions, most of them are in the FAQ here in this subforum, take a look there :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman

Quite an interesting read. So you can buy more ships with the in-game currency?

Yes. Every item in the whole game will be available with the in-game money. The ships that are available in the RSI shop for real cash are just another way to support the development.