[Updated] Xbox One Physical And Digital Games Carry $59.99 Price Tag

Polygon game got word on the pricing for XBox One games from a Microsoft representative who said:

"I can confirm that Microsoft Studios games on Xbox One will be $59.99 (MSRP),"

It does not seem like they would carry a lower price tag or special offers for digital copy which several people (such as TotalBiscuit and Penny Arcade) were arguing would be an advantage for digital distribution similar to the case of Steam.

That said that statement seems to be the only source of their information so we definitely need to hear more details. Not that MS hasn't made any stupid mistakes lately, but they must have something planned which attempts to make digital more compelling than physical...

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Physical-Digital-Games-Carry-59-99-Price-Tag-56761.html

Update:

AJ just published an interview with Major Nelson, he discussed the possibility of offers similar to steam being available from XBox Live (starting 08:38). Whether it is to the extent of steam sales or not, the information given is still very vague (which is understandable at this stage).

Polygon game got word on the pricing for XBox One games from a Microsoft representative who said:

It does not seem like they would carry a lower price tag or special offers for digital copy which several people (such as TotalBuiscuit and Penny Arcade) were arguing would be an advantage for digital distribution similar to the case of Steam.

That said that statement seems to be the only source of their information so we definitely need to hear more details. Not that MS hasn't made any stupid mistakes lately, but they must have something planned which attempts to make digital more compelling than physical...

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Physical-Digital-Games-Carry-59-99-Price-Tag-56761.html

Wow though I'm really not surprised. The digital copies should be cheaper but nope I guess microsoft just wants their cut of the game no matter how you buy it. Another reason to not get an xbox one.

Talk about cheaper games... After the livestream. I've look at the XBOne a little differently. Hmm, if you think about it, maybe they will implement it in the future. However, take it w/ a grain of salt.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Talk about cheaper games... After the livestream. I've look at the XBOne a little differently. Hmm, if you think about it, maybe they will implement it in the future. However, take it w/ a grain of salt.

Yeah, like I said we don't yet know all the details and even if this is true MS can easily go back this anyway.

Yeah, like I said we don't yet know all the details and even if this is true MS can easily go back this anyway.

What I would also expect for them to do is the lower game prices plus the discount that they give to a member of the XBL. Cheaper games than steam perhaps?

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

What I would also expect for them to do is the lower game prices plus the discount that they give to a member of the XBL. Cheaper games than steam perhaps?

Check under update in the OP.

We are talking about Microsoft here. If they kill off used games and go full digital, then Microsoft will have complete control over their Xbox Marketplace. They then have the ability to both lower and RAISE prices, and no one can stop them.

Going full digital isn't as good as they are making it sound, especially with a closed down platform such as Xbox.

We are talking about Microsoft here. If they kill off used games and go full digital, then Microsoft will have complete control over their Xbox Marketplace. They then have the ability to both lower and RAISE prices, and no one can stop them.

Going full digital isn't as good as they are making it sound, especially with a closed down platform such as Xbox.

They definitely aim at going full digital (Major Nelson actually mentioned that as "the future" if you watched the video I added) The thing is XBox Live as a distribution method will fail if they don't at least give some really compelling offers to convince enough people to use it and make them comfortable enough with using it to the point where they wouldn't mind as much moving completely digital in the next generation.

Lol when will companies realize that digital software should be cheaper than physical copies?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I can't help but feel they are trying to focus so much on this idea that games need to be in a cloud to be enjoyed. It really bugs why buy a console which already costs 500 dollars if I then need to have a internet sub that is decent 40-50 dollars a month for that and then in order to play it to have that 24 hour DRM. Playstation is keeping it to what the GAMERS want. It goes beyond what the developers want. If a developer creates a game and it doesn't sell they aren't getting what they want so I think in the end it makes sense for playstation to do really well. And it isn't like Sony doesn't have a store either they could just as easily implement kind of a steam system where they could have sales as well. I just feel like MIcrosoft is losing in on their base they did this with Windows 8 this is what you want kind of attitude and in reality NO WE DIDN'T and were punished for it in sales.