GeForce GTX 960 to use GM206 and Arriving in January

ahhming

Few days ago a new board model was validated at certification office. The board named PG301 is what could be the codename for Maxwell GM206-based graphics card. For reference, PG401 is the GM204 board, used by GTX 980 and GTX 970. It was also certified few weeks before GTX 900 series were released.

The card could feature 10 Maxwell Streaming Multiprocessors (SMM) with 1280 CUDA cores in total. In terms of memory configuration we could either expect 128-bit interface and 2GB frame buffer or 192-bit with 3GB (which would actually be the configuration of GTX 970M).

The GTX 960 will fill the gap in mid-range segment with 250-300 USD price tag.

IT will also have H.265 which is  first HEVC full hardware decoder in any GPU.

Source:

http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/19737-geforce-gtx-960-med-gm206-i-januari
http://videocardz.com/54153/nvidia-geforce-gtx-960-with-gm206-gpu-in-january
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/34697-second-generation-maxwell-to-support-h265

Videocardz as source... GTFO

Also, the keyword here is "what could be"

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

i'm guessing this card would perform similarly to 770?

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Can we please get a decent card under $200 with 4gb of Vram?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Can we please get a decent card under $200 with 4gb of Vram?

270x 4GB? :P also, you can get a 290 for 200$ (give or take) now, so... STOP COMPLAINING i even linked you to one ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

HEVC Decoder yes, I hope all new CPU/GPUs come wit them from now on. That will help UHD streaming alot. i also want hardware to have HEVC encoders too.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

what is so bad about videocardz?

They're like WCCF, except instead being hit-or-miss with a lot of hits and a few misses that this forum won't let go, pretty much all of their articles either report on things from other sites or are flat-out made up.

270x 4GB? :P also, you can get a 290 for 200$ (give or take) now, so... STOP COMPLAINING i even linked you to one ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600473877&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=30

Lowest priced r9 290 is $279. Besides, I want Nvidia :P

Specifically so I can run a card in conjunction with my old gtx660 running my old monitor. Don't wanna run 2 off of 1 card because reasons.

But thats pretty much a gtx 970m which is on GM204. it's 192bit bus is the same as the rumored desktop chip. it's pretty much the same thing.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600473877&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=30

Lowest priced r9 290 is $279. Besides, I want Nvidia :P

Specifically so I can run a card in conjunction with my old gtx660 running my old monitor. Don't wanna run 2 off of 1 card because reasons.

okthey went back up, you lost your chance ;)

stupid reasons i presume?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

okthey went back up, you lost your chance ;)

stupid reasons i presume?

No. I just want my gaming GPU to not have to run youtube and w/e else I happen to have on my second monitor. Not to mention I said under $200.

Also i want cards that don't have like, 3 star ratings because of coil whine and overheating :P

No. I just want my gaming GPU to not have to run youtube and w/e else I happen to have on my second monitor. Not to mention I said under $200.

umm, thats literally <1% performance loss, since a completly different part of the chip does 2D rendering and decoding

umm, thats literally <1% performance loss, since a completly different part of the chip does 2D rendering and decoding

Don't care :P i've got the second card, and nothing for it to do, so might as well. No performance loss from having it there, at least to my knowledge.

If I had the mobo space for it I'd put in the 960, 660, and the 520 (that's currently running my second monitor) just for the lols

Don't care :P i've got the second card, and nothing for it to do, so might as well. No performance loss from having it there, at least to my knowledge.

If I had the mobo space for it I'd put in the 960, 660, and the 520 (that's currently running my second monitor) just for the lols

umm, power...

umm, power...

I don't pay the bill so meh

>.>

From what I'm hearing the 960 is supposed to be a dominant 1080p card. Hopefully this pans out at a good price! Been needing a card for awhile now.

>.>

Living w/parents sort of for the win?

umm, power...

Can you have a AMD and Nvidia GPU in 1 system and have both driving monitors?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Living w/parents sort of for the win?

i know, ive just moved back in :P

Can you have a AMD and Nvidia GPU in 1 system and have both driving monitors?

nope, nvidia drivers dont play nice