HTC Butterfly S leaked

http://vr-zone.com/articles/htc-butterfly-s-images-leaked-comes-packing-wit=h-boomsound/37347.html

HTC is apparantly working on a successor to the Butterfly (Droid DNA).

It features the same specs as the HTC One:

-Snapdragon 600

-Ultrapixel camera

-Boomsound

-Sense 5.0

except for that it has a 5 inch 1080p (as opposed to 4,7in) screen.

My opinion: If this one isn't massively cheaper than the HTC One, then why in the world would anyone go for this phone instead of the One?

Though I really hope HTC gets through their difficulties, they are one of the best companies I know.

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

I'd say people would go for the looks. That looks better than the HTC One I think

I'd say people would go for the looks. That looks better than the HTC One I think

De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum, but I really thought the One being the best looking phone out there was a universal opinion :p

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

If it has a micro-sd card slot as other rumors have suggested, I wouldn't see any reason to go for the One, lol.

HTC never seem to learn from their mistakes and release just one flagship a year, If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised if they launch a Droid DNA II adding another flagship to support while they're not even able to support their current line-up well...

I was considering buying a HTC One then I saw this. Looks like I'll wait to see what this is then. If this isn't like the HTC One w/ an aluminium body finished then I'll go w/ the One. If this has an aluminium body finished in BLACK. This would be freaking awesome!

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I was considering buying a HTC One then I saw this. Looks like I'll wait to see what this is then. If this isn't like the HTC One w/ an aluminium body finished then I'll go w/ the One. If this has an aluminium body finished in BLACK. This would be freaking awesome!

...There is a black version of the aluminium HTC One you know

...There is a black version of the aluminium HTC One you know

Whoops! Looks like I need to do my research more. I've only assumed it since our retailer here said it's only available in one color. Thanks for the info, BTW.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I would go with it this because I like their soft rubber texture on their phones and it makes it less likely to slip off from my hand.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Way too tall, IMO the One is too tall, if the One had dropped the touch buttons and just made a Nexus solution with buttons on the screen, I'd buy it, but this one doesn't seem better than the one.

i would probably still go for the htc one, just think it looks better really.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Way too tall, IMO the One is too tall, if the One had dropped the touch buttons and just made a Nexus solution with buttons on the screen, I'd buy it, but this one doesn't seem better than the one.

Why would you want on-screen buttons? The bottom bezel would still be the same because it needs to house a microphone and some antennas. Also they take up screen estate.

Why would you want on-screen buttons? The bottom bezel would still be the same because it needs to house a microphone and some antennas. Also they take up screen estate.

I know this factor is not huge, but in landscape the right speaker is longer away from the screen than the left one.

Is this any different to the Butterfly J or Droid DNA?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Is this any different to the Butterfly J or Droid DNA?

It's an enhanced version, as in better processor etc