[COMPLETED][Build Log] Aperture Engine | White CaseLabs STH10 - i7 3930K - Dual GTX 690

I like it. As said, the fittings are a pretty nice touch, and I like the clean cable

routing. If it was mine I would probably go for a slightly different water loop routing,

but I still really like this one. Loving the color coordination overall, especially

on those cables, they really are bloody gorgeous! :wub:

Surprisingly I'm not really bothered by all that empty space because of all the neatness.

Plus it's nice to have space for future expansions. Maybe add a mITX system somewhere? :D

Quick question though: What did make you go with the STH10 instead of one of the smaller

cases? Rad space?

Thanks man :) 

Well, for the STH10, its like having a crush on something. I browsed CaseLabs store a lot of time, trying to find another case etc.. and I've always came back to the STH10. 

But you're right, I have, indeed a reason for the STH10 about the radiators. I wanted them to be in their own chamber. And the STH10 was the only (single wide) case that offer this.

As for the space, it doesn't bother me either. I like to have a lot of space to work. I could've gone with the SMH10, but its too small, and the 900D is a great alternative to the SMH10, I don't want to have any alternative :)

The STH10 doesn't have any case to compete with. in before corsair fanboys that say 900d 900d 900d 900d.

In fact, before the STH10, I was going with a 900D from Corsair, and the shipping delay was seriously annoying for me. And right now, after all the work I've done with my case, and the cable managements, I have no regrets for the extra money for the STH10.

Well, for the STH10, its like having a crush on something. I browsed CaseLabs store a lot of time, trying to find another case etc.. and I've always came back to the STH10.

Ha, the exact same thing happened to me with the SMH10. It was just love at first

sight. :wub:

I thought about the STH10, but I don't really like its form factor, too high and

narrow. But still, it's properly phenomenal.

But you're right, I have, indeed a reason for the STH10 about the radiators. I wanted them to be in their own chamber. And the STH10 was the only (single wide) case that offer this.

As for the space, it doesn't bother me either. I like to have a lot of space to work. I could've gone with the SMH10, but its too small, and the 900D is a great alternative to the SMH10, I don't want to have any alternative :)

Yeah the SMH10's form factor is a bit more familiar. The 900D, the SMH10 and the TJ11 all

have very similar layouts.

The reason I ended up going with the SMH10 is that I don't really like those side vents

on the TJ11, and the window is just too small. So I would have needed to do some serious

modding to the side panel, and I very much doubt that I could have done a good enough

job to satisfy my own standards. Modding a new back panel for ZEUS is one thing, but the

side panel with the window for HELIOS would need to be absolutely perfect.

As for the 900D, I would say objectively speaking it's a great case, but I really don't

like its looks (more specifically: I hate the case feet, the bulging panels on the

lower compartment and the way the 5.25" area looks when you have a device in there).

But even leaving all of that aside, I would have simply gone with the SMH10 for build

quality. The 900D might be a good case, but there's a reason it costs much less than

a similar-sized Caselabs case. And I'm a sucker for build quality; few things can get

my pants as bulging as that... :lol:

The STH10 doesn't have any case to compete with. in before corsair fanboys that say 900d 900d 900d 900d.

In fact, before the STH10, I was going with a 900D from Corsair, and the shipping delay was seriously annoying for me. And right now, after all the work I've done with my case, and the cable managements, I have no regrets for the extra money for the STH10.

Same here, zero regrets. The only thing I'd wished for was properly implemented

fan filters, but maybe there will be a solution to that at some point. Jim recently

mentioned on OCN that they were working on that, both for new cases coming out as

well as for retrofitting old cases.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Same here, zero regrets. The only thing I'd wished for was properly implemented

fan filters, but maybe there will be a solution to that at some point. Jim recently

mentioned on OCN that they were working on that, both for new cases coming out as

well as for retrofitting old cases.

Yeah I saw his post, thanks god. Fan filters is the only thing missing. I hope they will be magnetic.

As for the 900D, I would say objectively speaking it's a great case, but I really don't

like its looks (more specifically: I hate the case feet, the bulging panels on the

lower compartment and the way the 5.25" area looks when you have a device in there).

But even leaving all of that aside, I would have simply gone with the SMH10 for build

quality. The 900D might be a good case, but there's a reason it costs much less than

a similar-sized Caselabs case. And I'm a sucker for build quality; few things can get

my pants as bulging as that... :lol:

Yup, doesn't look "that good". The 5.25" is really bothering me. But hey, I have 15 bays, I don't even use one \o/, so the 900D wouldn't have been a problem for me.

The other part that bother me a lot, is the front brushed aluminum. Come on Corsair... you do something, not even finger print proof.

You remove the panel to install something, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand finger print.

One of my huge pros for CaseLabs, is, its made in the USA, ALL the case is made of Aluminum. So ok, you pay 200/300/400$ more than a Corsair. But at least, you have the quality behind, and you don't ends up with a box made in China (I don't have anything against China).

Plus, I don't know if you saw in the 900D thread on OCN, tons of people received their case with plexi cracked, panel doesn't fit, doesn't close, or doesn't open, side panel bended etc... But I must admit that Corsair CS is boss, they replace everything for free, and free shipping as well, just Boss.

Those neon cables look so nice  :)

Cooling Update (?) :

Sooo, after 2 nights of usage, my actual fans make a lot of noise, the main problem is not the fans, its the "mesh" part from my case in front of them.

So I'm thinking to buy 8 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm, they have a good static pressure (lower than the SP120 from Corsair but still) and are 16 dBa. Instead of around 34 for the SP120.

Cooling Update (?) :

Sooo, after 2 nights of usage, my actual fans make a lot of noise, the main problem is not the fans, its the "mesh" part from my case in front of them.

So I'm thinking to buy 8 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm, they have a good static pressure (lower than the SP120 from Corsair but still) and are 16 dBa. Instead of around 34 for the SP120

Why don't you first try running them at lower voltage?

OMG your cable sleeving.. drool... great work mate!!!

a simple fan controler could work too, low for silence and normal or high for when benching, testing, summer or something ;)

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

what about a little switch hidden somewhere inside the case, just in "case" you need that extra spin!  :D 

omg that phrase! epic!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

This build is so awesome I don't even know what to say. 

This build is so awesome I don't even know what to say. 

Thank you sir :)

--

As for my fans noise, adding a 12v to 7v adapter was really nice, temps are exactly the same. Unfotunately I don't have any 5v adapter, so I can't test this. But 7v is a great voltage for temps/noise ratio with the Corsair SP120.

Thank you sir :)

--

As for my fans noise, adding a 12v to 7v adapter was really nice, temps are exactly the same. Unfotunately I don't have any 5v adapter, so I can't test this. But 7v is a great voltage for temps/noise ratio with the Corsair SP120.

If you are just powering them with molex maybe this could help.

This is 12V

$(KGrHqJ,!loFCKbk-LCWBQjM9g0!,!~~60_3.JP

And this is 5V

$T2eC16F,!)UE9s3wBm5!BQsMMWrzoQ~~60_3.JP

This is just an amazing build. Those fittings look sweet

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Sexy Pic Time !

med_gallery_15108_188_1084134.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_799797.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_1607580.jpg

(I love this following shot)

med_gallery_15108_188_446447.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_1793888.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_362602.jpg

All these shots were done with my brand new (of the day) Canon Rebel T3i, so some of the pictures above are quite bad looking in my opinion, but I keep learning with this DSLR :)

Hope you enjoyed this pictures, and I hope you will be able to wait for the custom monitor stand to be done :)

Looks great, def need some brighter pics of the innards once you get some practice with the camera.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X