[COMPLETED][Build Log] Aperture Engine | White CaseLabs STH10 - i7 3930K - Dual GTX 690

True. The 14 wire cable I did for CPU0 on the SR-2 took me about four hours to lace

and arrange properly. And the 24 pin... let's just say doubly crimped wires and all

that neat stuff aren't exactly conducive to keeping a sane mind when doing this. :lol:

That's why I don't sleeve my SR-X cables :D I just have too much cables...

By the way, My method to do it : single tie per 2 wires (or 4 in the CPU/PCIe 8Pin) then a single tie that regroup the whole group of wires.

I think I'm correct right ?

That's why I don't sleeve my SR-X cables :D I just have too much cables...

:lol:

By the way, My method to do it : single tie per 2 wires (or 4 in the CPU/PCIe 8Pin) then a single tie that regroup the whole group of wires.

I think I'm correct right ?

I'd say if it works for you then you are correct by definition :lol:.

Your method does sound familiar I must say.

My method certainly isn't correct according to anything you'd see in

professional settings, but it works for me.

In any case, I've drawn up a few sketches if you want to have a look.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Is that a red wire or an orange wire that looks red because of lightning?

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Thank you man, I appreciate that :)

I'm doing my motherboard waterblock at the moment, my girlfriend offered me a week (kinda funny because its where you live Alpenwasser) to visit (if possible) the LHC, and also the country in general :)

Some Updates are coming this week end :)

The day someone fits this case with the best of the best hardware and radiators is the day I can get a picture of my dreams.

I'm doing my motherboard waterblock at the moment, my girlfriend offered me a week (kinda funny because its where you live Alpenwasser) to visit (if possible) the LHC, and also the country in general :)

LHC? Damn, now I'm jealous, lucky you! :D

What other places are you intending to visit?

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I don't know ^^ she organized everything for me without letting me know anything but the LHC. For her, I need to "chill a bit". I guess spending around 18h a day in : 1) my build log 2) above my Ln2 bench table, is a bit too much.

If you have any suggestions of good places, feel free :)

Sounds like you have a pretty awesome girlfriend :D

TBH I'm not completely up to date on Swiss tourist sites, especially not in the French

part of Switzerland, so I think just go with the flow and trust your gf. :)

This 24Pin is driving me crazy, I can't keep them in place, I can't lace anything. And without it, it just look ugly.

I've done my 2 8Pin CPU, I might post some picture while I'll be in the hotel.

If anyone have any tips to easily lace the 24Pin, feel free.

Are you using a Phobya reservoir?

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Koolance.

Parts I use are in my first post.

THanks man, I must have overlooked that.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

This 24Pin is driving me crazy, I can't keep them in place, I can't lace anything. And without it, it just look ugly.

I've done my 2 8Pin CPU, I might post some picture while I'll be in the hotel.

If anyone have any tips to easily lace the 24Pin, feel free.

Yeah the 24 pin was a real PITA to do. The basic scheme is the same as I've posted

in HELIOS' build log, but I had to improvise a bit with regards to the double wires

and hide some of them at the back (so, in some parts there are actually three layers

in my 24 pin due to the double wires).

My 24 pin only looks perfect from one side, the back side is actually not as well

organized (it's still quite tidy, but not as decorative as the side which is visible).

EDIT: Just as a side note: I tie both ends of the lacing thread to a large

paper clip each so that I can easily push the thread through the wire package. This

also makes it easier to tighten things down.

Yeah the 24 pin was a real PITA to do. The basic scheme is the same as I've postedin HELIOS' build log, but I had to improvise a bit with regards to the double wiresand hide some of them at the back (so, in some parts there are actually three layersin my 24 pin due to the double wires).My 24 pin only looks perfect from one side, the back side is actually not as wellorganized (it's still quite tidy, but not as decorative as the side which is visible).EDIT: Just as a side note: I tie both ends of the lacing thread to a largepaper clip each so that I can easily push the thread through the wire package. Thisalso makes it easier to tighten things down.

Ye I saw your scheme, but honestly I don't understand it at all.

Same for the video linked from someone in your build log. I mean, I got the start, but everytime I bend my cable, everything go nuts.

I'm doing this shitty 24pin since what.. 10am... I.. I just don't understand.

I'm rearranging my room this weekend to be able to have a decent photo/video setup,

so I might be able to make that vid next week or so, but I'm not sure yet if it will

work as planned or if I have to change my plans (again ;)).

10am? Wow, that's what I call persistence. :lol:

Is there a specific step which is giving you trouble?

Yeah I usually also have a bit of trouble with the start until I have enough loops

through the wires that they actually stay tightened. For the first few wires everything

gets loose after each loop and I have to re-tighten it a few times until it stays

in place by itself (not to mention that it needs to be re-positioned every time after

having come loose because it slips around a bit).

Maybe try attaching one end of the wire to something so it doesn't come loose as

easily? I've also used some tweezers to help me, and I can also recommend shoving

something stiff through the wires to each side of where you want to do your lacing

(maybe attach those helpers with scotch tape) in order to group the wires into

bottom and top layers before threading the lace through it. This allows you to

pre-group the wires a bit before doing the actual lacing.

Other than that there's not a whole lot I can say. The technique itself is not

that complex, it's just a bit tricky to accomplish (which I suppose is true for

many other things in life as well :lol: ).

Ok, that's actually similar to the 24 pin situation in HELIOS (although I actually

laced that one when it was not mounted, unlike the CPU0 power cables).

I think the easiest thing for me is to do a video next week. Since I want to do it

anyway and I'll finally have a proper studio setup I think that should be feasible.

I'm sorry it won't be sooner, but I just don't have the setup in place for filming

it at this moment.

Ok, that's actually similar to the 24 pin situation in HELIOS (although I actuallylaced that one when it was not mounted, unlike the CPU0 power cables).I think the easiest thing for me is to do a video next week. Since I want to do itanyway and I'll finally have a proper studio setup I think that should be feasible.I'm sorry it won't be sooner, but I just don't have the setup in place for filmingit at this moment.

Take your time man, I can't complete this build until 2 weeks at least.. I still need some parts (fans, cables, stuff like that). And I need my paycheck :D

If I figure something out before your vid, I'll let you know.

I absolutely love that color scheme for the cables, I hope you'll find a way of fixing the tidyness of that 24 pin :)

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I absolutely love that color scheme for the cables, I hope you'll find a way of fixing the tidyness of that 24 pin :)

Thanks man, appreciate that :)

Update for you guys ! Some fittings, and a nice cable lacing for one of my 690 !

med_gallery_15108_188_684222.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_657382.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_824212.jpg

And here is the first set of 8Pin for one of my 690, does it look good ? :)

med_gallery_15108_188_495860.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_42344.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this update guys :)

And here is the first set of 8Pin for one of my 690, does it look good ? :)

I would indeed say that it does, dear sir. :D

Hello everyone,

Here is a small update, picture of some cables sleeving. I didn't make them, because I'm not really "skilled" with this. I asked Ensourced for a custom color scheme, and he was glad to do it ! You can find him here :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ensourced-Custom-Sleeved-Cables/351225731619723

I've ordered :

- 1 x 24pin

- 2 x CPU 12V 8pin

- 4 x PCIE 8pin

- 2 x PCIE 6pin

Here is some pictures !

med_gallery_15108_188_933354.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_933354.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_1796505.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_1616552.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_1455711.jpg

Again, thanks to Ensourced, this guy is really professional and the quality is awesome !

Hope you enjoyed this post, see you later :)

~Sgt

Hey did you order extensions, or did you send your cables in?