[COMPLETED][Build Log] Aperture Engine | White CaseLabs STH10 - i7 3930K - Dual GTX 690

Update !

Sooooo I've finished the 24pin cable (yep, I took it with me on my vacation haha).

I'll try to borrow a computer so I can upload a picture. Too bad we can't upload something from a phone :(

anyway I still didn't get the EK shipping mail, so I might get my package when I'll be back at home by the end of the week. If so next step is to put the water block on my second GTX 690, and link both cards with the bridge :)

See you soon guys, and have a great day/night

yep, I took it with me on my vacation haha

That's the spirit! :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

._. this build log is just too beautiful

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I've fixed the middle lacing, now it look good :)

My thermal grease will be shipped tomorrow, so you can expect a naked 690 this week end :)

Like the use of "naked" :P

what thermal grease are you using? and isn't the same as paste?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I hate to talk money......But I'd love to know your total for shipping from the US!!! It must have been through the roof.

wrong thread, don't mind that post

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Damn. Looking forward to seeing this finished

• Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
  • I7 3770K @ Stock
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
  • AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
  • 2x 1tb WD Green Drives (RAID 1)
  • 256gb Samsung 840
  • Peripherals
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core
  • Ducky Shine 3 - Blue LED, Brown Switches
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2443
  • Custom Mousepad http://imgur.com/xJWASQM
  • Logitech G35
  • Altec Lansing Octane 7

With the thought and care you put into this I would love to see you make a custom case..! :P

Anyways, I really like that someone is doing something other than a two tone colorscheme! really looking forward to see what the colors will look like when its done!

(Comming soon)

wrong thread, don't mind that post

:(

Damn. Looking forward to seeing this finished

With the thought and care you put into this I would love to see you make a custom case..! :P

Anyways, I really like that someone is doing something other than a two tone colorscheme! really looking forward to see what the colors will look like when its done!

Thanks for the support guys :) Much appreciated as usual :)

@Winther,

well, I have a small project behind my head. I'll need a custom server, in July I plan to buy a Canon 600D to do a lot of photos and DSLR-Videos. So I'll need a lot of storage.

Maybe I'll build a custom little case (mini-ITX form factor) made of wood. But take this info with a grain of salt.

Order Update :

I've got the EK Shipping mail today (8am) instead of yesterday. So I'm expecting (with luck) to get my package saturday.

I've also got my paycheck (yeepeeeeeeee) so I can place my 2 last orders of stuff.

If everything goes well, build will be complete in 2 weeks.

Are you doing any modifications to the case itself or are you pleased with how this (awesome) case is?

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Are you doing any modifications to the case itself or are you pleased with how this (awesome) case is?

Nope, there is absolutely no needs to mod this kind of case (Alpenwasser will probably agree with this :D)

I actually enjoy it a lot, there is plenty of room to work with. The only thing I need to do is using my Dremel to cut some pieces, so I can route my tubing easily. This is by far the only "physical" thing you can do to this case.

Sgt, on 27 Jun 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Nope, there is absolutely no needs to mod this kind of case (Alpenwasser will probably agree with this :D)

I actually enjoy it a lot, there is plenty of room to work with. The only thing I need to do is using my Dremel to cut some pieces, so I can route my tubing easily. This is by far the only "physical" thing you can do to this case.

Hehe, yes I do indeed agree. The only thing I'll probably be doing to my case is drill

some additional small holes for fixing my cables in place (my cable routing is a bit

non-standard) and as you say maybe make a cutout with the Dremel for tube routing, but

that's pretty much it.

Although I have been considering making a custom HDD mount for the bottom compartment,

but that would more be an addition to the case than an actual modification. Not sure

yet though.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Although I have been considering making a custom HDD mount for the bottom compartment,

but that would more be an addition to the case than an actual modification. Not sure

yet though.

Hmm, may I ask why ?

There is HDD mount on the cable management side. I think you can mount 2 HDD (and 4 SSD), its already plenty if you're using 2 or 3 or 4Tb each.

Hmm, may I ask why ?

There is HDD mount on the cable management side. I think you can mount 2 HDD (and 4 SSD), its already plenty if you're using 2 or 3 or 4Tb each.

When I assessed my storage requirement for ZEUS I originally planned on simply using

JBOD, which would have given me 17 TB of space on that machine. In case of a disk

failing it would not have been an enormous tragedy to lose that data since it's mostly

just movies and TV shows, and the important stuff would have been backed up to at least

one other machine anyway.

However, between planning ZEUS and finishing it, ZFS on Linux was announced as production

ready, which I did not expect at all. And since I think ZFS is really awesome I of

course had to use that. The downside of that is that I now have 5 TB of those 17 TB used

up for parity, which leaves me with only 12 TB of storage, and at the moment I only

have around 1.7 TB free, which doesn't really leave me a whole lot of headroom for the

future.

So instead of seriously changing ZEUS by adding in a controller card and modding the

case so that it can fit more HDDs I am considering simply expanding HELIOS with more

storage. If I do this, I would probably place the disks in the bottom compartment

between the radiators. And since I would want to leave myself some headroom for

expansion I would probably make it so that I could install 6 or 7 HDDs in total

(depends on whether or not I will be using an SSD as a cache drive, ZFS allows for

this and it allegedly is quite nice to have).

Since both ZEUS and HELIOS will probably be on 24/7 (ZEUS as a data server, HELIOS

for BOINC) it wouldn't really make a big difference wether or not the disks are in

one machine or the other.

Aaaah but you didn't mention that you were talking about ZEUS build in your previous post, that make my post senseless ^^', or I missed something ? O.O

If you were talking about your CaseLabs build, why don't you add : http://www.caselabs-store.com/flex-bay-hdd-cage-assy/

Another question, why do you need all these TB ? I mean, I have 4Tb and I can't even fill 2 of them.

Aaaah but you didn't mention that you were talking about ZEUS build in your previous post, that make my post senseless ^^', or I missed something ? O.O

If you were talking about your CaseLabs build, why don't you add : http://www.caselabs-store.com/flex-bay-hdd-cage-assy/

Another question, why do you need all these TB ? I mean, I have 4Tb and I can't even fill 2 of them.

Nono, you were right, I was talking about the caselabs build. The reason I might possibly

include some serious storage in HELIOS is that ZEUS has now less storage space than I had

originally planned. The original plan was to have ZEUS as my data server and practically

no storage space in HELIOS. But now that ZEUS has 5 TB less than planned I might need

to change those plans and include some serious terabytes in HELIOS as well. I hope this

makes sense. :lol:

As for the Flexbay thing, I don't have the space. In the bottom compartment the radiators

will not allow for a flexbay HDD config, and in the top compartment the PSU, the fan controller

and the top radiator are in the way.

Nono, you were right, I was talking about the caselabs build. The reason I might possibly

include some serious storage in HELIOS is that ZEUS has now less storage space than I had

originally planned. The original plan was to have ZEUS as my data server and practically

no storage space in HELIOS. But now that ZEUS has 5 TB less than planned I might need

to change those plans and include some serious terabytes in HELIOS as well. I hope this

makes sense. :lol:

As for the Flexbay thing, I don't have the space. In the bottom compartment the radiators

will not allow for a flexbay HDD config, and in the top compartment the PSU, the fan controller

and the top radiator are in the way.

Buy a Pedestal, fill it with HDD, problem solved ? :D

Buy a Pedestal, fill it with HDD, problem solved ? :D

New problem: I hate the look of pedestals. I really love the proportions of the SMH10. :wub:

I would have gotten the STH10 as you have, but the additional compartment on top just

looks kinda wrong to my eyes. It's an absolutely phenomenal case, of course, but I just

don't really like its proportions. Too narrow and high.

Still, the pedestal would be pretty awesome though. I could have all the HDDs. :D