[COMPLETED][Build Log] Aperture Engine | White CaseLabs STH10 - i7 3930K - Dual GTX 690

I may be an idiot for asking this, but how are your cables getting put into the other end? You may not understand what I am talking about, but how are two male connectors plugging into each other? Thanks and great build, can't wait for more updates! 

I may be an idiot for asking this, but how are your cables getting put into the other end? You may not understand what I am talking about, but how are two male connectors plugging into each other? Thanks and great build, can't wait for more updates! 

Thanks for the support !

These cables are extensions, so i'll just plug them with my PSU cable, then plug the custom sleeved one into my hardware :)

Looking forward to the result. Portal is awesome, and a Portal-based case mod is on my list of things I have to do.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

More. Give me more of thissssss.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

bit overkill for playing portal dont you think :P

More. Give me more of thissssss.

I will give you more ! But not now \o/

bit overkill for playing portal dont you think :P

It is, but being a fan of Portal doesn't mean I play it 24/7 :)

I'm doing a lot of benchmark at the moment (while i work on my build)

you can check the results here : http://hwbot.org/user/tsgt/

Next step, so tonight, I will sand the back side of 2 monitors, which will probably take some hours.

Tomorrow I've planned to buy some Primer Spray and Matte White Spray as well, so the first layout of primer will be done tomorrow :)

I will give you more ! But not now \o/

It is, but being a fan of Portal doesn't mean I play it 24/7 :)

I'm doing a lot of benchmark at the moment (while i work on my build)

you can check the results here : http://hwbot.org/user/tsgt/

Next step, so tonight, I will sand the back side of 2 monitors, which will probably take some hours.

Tomorrow I've planned to buy some Primer Spray and Matte White Spray as well, so the first layout of primer will be done tomorrow :)

it looks good man keep it up :D

Really looking forward to this!

Thanks for the support !

Also, Update !

med_gallery_15108_188_140913.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_166922.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_190653.jpg

Still need to do the front, and re-sand the back side with 600 paper to eliminate imperfections.

Also, good and/or bad news. I'm sick, which mean I'm at home for the rest of the week, so expect a lot of update :)

Nice work! Can't wait more updates. Get well soon :)

Hello here !

So... weather is against me... I'm at home for the rest of the week BUT, its raining + small thunderstorm. So I can't even do the second layout of Primer.

Here is some pictures that might help you to wait :)

med_gallery_15108_188_1466949.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_1176505.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_1790558.jpg

Also, the liquid I ordered previously is supposed to be delivered today. Wait time !

~Sgt

I saw those fittings and geeked out harder than I've geeked in a while. I have a feeling I know how you're going to arrange those. And it will be awesome. ;-)

If you're still on the hunt for a keyboard, try http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/index.php

They sell nothing but mechanical boards. The search feature is great to help pin down exactly what you're looking for, they have a great selection (even saw a board with clear Cherry MX's!), lots of stuff ships for free, and they seem to have pretty reasonable prices for all the comparisons I've done. And no, this isn't a paid endorsement or anything. That site helped me settle on a keyboard in less than 20 minutes, which is peanuts when you consider how long I pondered over the rest of my rig...

EDIT: Whoops, I misread the original post and thought you were in the states. My apologies. The site might still work to help you pick out a board, but I would recommend buying locally as their FAQ says its like $40ish USD to ship international.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

I saw those fittings and geeked out harder than I've geeked in a while. I have a feeling I know how you're going to arrange those. And it will be awesome. ;-)

If you're still on the hunt for a keyboard, try http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/index.php

They sell nothing but mechanical boards. The search feature is great to help pin down exactly what you're looking for, they have a great selection (even saw a board with clear Cherry MX's!), lots of stuff ships for free, and they seem to have pretty reasonable prices for all the comparisons I've done. And no, this isn't a paid endorsement or anything. That site helped me settle on a keyboard in less than 20 minutes, which is peanuts when you consider how long I pondered over the rest of my rig...

EDIT: Whoops, I misread the original post and thought you were in the states. My apologies. The site might still work to help you pick out a board, but I would recommend buying locally as their FAQ says its like $40ish USD to ship international.

Nice website ! helped me to see what's available on the market since i'd like to buy a tenlesskey keyboard.

I would also love a white one but hey, I painted my monitors, I can paint a keyboard :D

However on your website, it seems that there is no customize options for keycaps. I play with http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/ very often, I can't decide what layout I want to make ^^.

Anyway thank you for the website :)

I'll add to this, update !

Got a delivery 20min ago, Mayhems !

med_gallery_15108_188_688087.jpg

Bottom is to flush, Top is to fill. Middle, well, I've measured the PH of both liquid and its neutral (6 to 8). So I won't need the Biocide Extreme.

~Sgt

No dual loop?

Nope, useless :)

Edit : I could, but I'm not gonna do it. I can't add another reservoir because of the HDD cages standoff placements. Or I would need to use a Bay style reservoir, and I don't want to.

Here is the "heart" system of the cooling part :

med_gallery_15108_188_231320.jpg

2 Laing D5 in serial, set at 3/5 for the moment, just the time to fill the loop peacefully, then I will see if i need to crank the speed up or not.

I'll also use 2 480mm radiators from EK. I've just emailed them to know the average heat dissipation capacity. But in theory, 2 480 is way enough for the system. I may add another 480mm in the future.

~Sgt 

Nope, useless :)

Edit : I could, but I'm not gonna do it. I can't add another reservoir because of the HDD cages standoff placements. Or I would need to use a Bay style reservoir, and I don't want to.

Here is the "heart" system of the cooling part :

med_gallery_15108_188_231320.jpg

2 Laing D5 in serial, set at 3/5 for the moment, just the time to fill the loop peacefully, then I will see if i need to crank the speed up or not.

I'll also use 2 480mm radiators from EK. I've just emailed them to know the average heat dissipation capacity. But in theory, 2 480 is way enough for the system. I may add another 480mm in the future.

~Sgt 

Would look awesome though.

Quote me to get a reply!

My personal rule of thumb is about 1 full thickness (60 mm) 240 radiator per CPU and

GPU, and it's worked quite well so far. I wouldn't really count each 690 as two

separate GPUs since the combined heat output is quite a bit less than two 680's would

use, so I think you're good.

I would say the third 480 is not a completely insane idea, you should be able to lower

your fan speeds quite a bit while still maintaining decent temps if you put one in.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Updateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Sorry for the big long update word, but damn, I've painted all my monitors, and jesus... Its gorgeous (in my opinion).

Check this out and don't be shy, I want feedback !

Sorry for the "low" quality pics

med_gallery_15108_188_449406.jpg

med_gallery_15108_188_1455086.jpg

You can also see a part of my Ghetto Setup (I run like this since... a good 8 months.) (the prodigy at the left is my HTPC, its not my actual system.)

Hope you enjoyed this update like me !

~Sgt

Damn, that was quick! Your speed of building and modding is like the complete opposite of my

glacial pace. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Damn, that was quick! Your speed of building and modding is like the complete opposite of my

glacial pace. :lol:

Yep it was relatively fast to do :)

If anyone is interested to see how I play/benchmark with this rig since around 8 months, here you go :

med_gallery_15108_188_722328.jpg

Previously, I said that dual loop was useless, thats the reason why I think it is. I did this error one time, no more.

~Sgt

Haha, totally ghetto, I love it! :)

My personal rule of thumb is about 1 full thickness (60 mm) 240 radiator per CPU and

GPU, and it's worked quite well so far. I wouldn't really count each 690 as two

separate GPUs since the combined heat output is quite a bit less than two 680's would

use, so I think you're good.

I would say the third 480 is not a completely insane idea, you should be able to lower

your fan speeds quite a bit while still maintaining decent temps if you put one in.

I just got an answer from EK, here is a quote of it :

Hi Sebastien,

We are sorry, but we didn't test XT 480 so we cannot give you any information about it and everything what we would say could be a misleading.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lep *****, Kind regards, MFG!

He also linked something, its related to the XT 360 version of the radiators, here is the picture :

ek-coolstream-xt-th1.png?w=614

I'm now trying to find a way to adapt it for a 480mm radiators, considering I have 4 2350RPM fans per radiators, at max speed.

If anyone have a great knowledge about Heat Dissipation, feel free to help :)

~Sgt

Update !

As you know, my monitors is done. I'm now thinking to do a Custom Triple Monitors Stand, aluminum based and of course, matte white painted.

Here is the shape I have in mind. This is not a real size or something, its just to get what I have in mind pictured.

med_gallery_15108_188_72697.jpg

Any feedback is, as usual, a lot appreciated :)