Why is logitech customer support so good?

SeanBond

Something similar happened when I contacted Logitech for my faulty controller, got a new one without having to send my defective one. I did have to send my original invoice by email, though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Good for you, Logitech don't support directly in my country. The distro for Logitech in my country is not that good.

Had an issue with my g502, this is an 80 dollar mouse on your average day right? Well the dpi shift button died on me and I decided to open'er up to see if there was anything that could be done. Nothing. Dead switch. So I called support and asked if I could rma even after opening it, they said it was no issue and I will get rma details in the next 72 hours so I am thinking cool I will get a replacement. All the while looking for a mouse online to buy while I ship my primary out. 4 days pass and I call them back because I have not gotten an email yet.

The woman on the phone tells me the rma was awaiting approvement, so she sent it up to her supervisor got it approved and then told me, it's not actually an rma. They just are going to send me a new mouse and confirmed my address. They didn't want any proof as a defective mouse, they are just letting me keep it. Really the dpi down shift button is inconsequential to me in everything but fps games. Yet here I go getting a brand new g502 just because I told them a dpi button failed. This is amazing and probably one of the best customer support experiences I have ever had. Anyone else have a good story?

I have never had to contact Logitech customer support, because both my G710+ keyboard and G500s mouse have not failed me even after years of use. + I've dropped my mouse on the hard floor about 50 times and it works the same as the day I bought it lol.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I have never had to contact Logitech customer support, because both my G710+ keyboard and G500s mouse have not failed me even after years of use. + I've dropped my mouse on the hard floor about 50 times and it works the same as the day I bought it lol.

I actually swapped my k70 for a g710 today, I was having ghosting I couldn't seem to fix. What logitech did for me won me over lol.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I actually swapped my k70 for a g710 today, I was having ghosting I couldn't seem to fix. What logitech did for me won me over lol.

Yeah I've been using my G710+ for at least 2 years now. It's honestly great. I need to clean it out though xD 

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

have a g602, middle click stop working. asked for rma. had to take a bunch of pictures of rma number and PID or SN number in one picture, which was very hard to do, then sent it back. got new one same problem after a month or two. now i have to live with no middle click.....

TL;DR i think Logitech customer support sucks

My good experience with them was when my MX5500 had its legs break off (apparently a common problem). They said they'd send me a replacement, but instead of just the keyboard I got the full combo. With my MK 510 though (got it because the MX was too bulky for my new desk) I've had it for over a year now and I'm unable to get it replaced-the keys have started sticking and its not caused by dirt (apparently something that others have known to happen to this particular model as well). Love their computer mice and customer service, but the keyboards just aren't as good. I had to go back to my old turbo-win board, and its not good for long periods of typing with no wrist rest.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Sooo, I havn't even had my g930's for a year and the plastic on the side right about the earthingy broke and now the pad is just hanging, not even sitting on my head. This is probably because I've dropped it too many times but it just fell of randomly after a while.

Do you think I could message them about it? Do you think they'll do anything? :)

I've never dropped mine and that is the same sort of failure mine are about to have.  It's worth a shot, avoid blaming yourself tho.  If they can say its abuse, they will deny the warranty.

Had issues with my G701+. Was only a button which started to die on me, contacted logitech about it. They sent me a new one, didn't have to return the old one.

Had issues with my G701+. Was only a button which started to die on me, contacted logitech about it. They sent me a new one, didn't have to return the old one.

That is my only gripe, your telling me they sent you a $130+ keyboard replacement on your say so that a button is faulty.  But I have to send my G930 back because the picture of the crack must not be impressive enough.

In the end, its most likely who handles the claim on the other side.

My G35 had an issue, forgot what it was exactly. I called them up & they just asked for proof of purchase & told me to throw out the old one once the new one arrives because it had 1 day left on the warranty they expedited the process. 

Have 3 logitech products right now!

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

My experience with Logitech CS has been a hit or miss........

Had a similar experience as the OP in June getting a replacement for my speakers, contacted them through email and they seemed very professional as-well as sincere.  That was before they switched systems in September

Now yesterday experience was totally on the other end of the spectrum.  I called in regarding warranty work on my G710+.  Within the first 30secs the first rep hangs up on my.   Word for word I said to him "it's really weird that the G1 key is starting to crack since I had not used it ever" and click dial tone.  I wounder why he took that offensively?  The second rep,  would not let me talk to a supervisor and when I asked him for his ID# the phone goes dead and I get the dial tone again.  By the third time I called, it took them forever to answer, and when it did get through, the line was so distorted, the rep and I could barley make out what we each were saying, and I am thinking that I was done on purpose.

In all the years I have dealt with any companies CS department I have never been hung up on before.  Logitech had just lost a loyal customer yesterday and I have been a fan of theirs for the last 8 years.

And yes for those that have a G710+, please take the time to check your keyboard.  Wiggle the keys around a bit and if they seem a bit loose take them out an inspect, they are know to be notoriously fragile and crack easily

No awesome stories about their customer service, but I love their products. The G502 is amazing. I absolutely love the free-spinning wheel that I can just toggle and fly through 4chan threads or whatever. It's amazing. Nice and heavy too.

Never had a bad thing to say about Logitech's stuff. It just always works.

@SeanBond A similar thing happened to me with Microsoft's customer support.

My surface pro 3 was having MINOR wifi issues and wasn't tracking too well. They sent me a Surface Pro 3 and never took back my old one, So now I have two of them.

That's a win by my standards, $1000 win.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I wish they have the side wheel on all of their mice after that one, but they decided to removed it.  :(

You could speak to Mionix. They want to 'revolutionize the gaming mouse' and have a kickstarter for the Naos 7000 QC (Or QG, one of them), anyway they want suggestions for what people want in a gaming mouse that you don't see everywhere and if people give good enough suggestions, they'll try put it into a later revision of the mouse.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I've not yet had to contact Logitech for RMA or the like, but I've been damn impressed by their build quality of peripherals for over a decade now.

Back in 2001-2002 I bought a Wireless Keyboard/Mouse combo packaged with a webcam (like a C120), 12-13 years later the keyboard & mouse still work perfectly (being a USB & PS/2 combo receiver that came with a USB -> PS/2 converter, but works just fine as USB-only) needing only a fresh pair of AA's like every 4-5 months in the mouse and 8-10 months in the keyboard (depending how hard I use them). The webcam in the pack serves as an external mic/webcam for my Lenovo L520 when I have that set up with an external monitor at home since I got a C930 webcam for my main system.

Only problem I've had with the C930e is more a software issue than hardware and the blame lies squarely on me for buying the enterprise-grade model (C930e) instead of the prosumer-grade model (C920), as whilst the software I have works okay (letting me record 720p at the least), I don't quite get the full 1080p recording capability with the consumer-level Webcam Control Software.

I also have a Logitech Marble Mouse & a Trackman Wheel trackball, and apart from occasionally misplacing the balls for them (again; MY fault, not the company's) they've withstood all the abuse I've put them through over the past decade since I got each of them.

Every time I've used Logitech support, it's been an awesome experience. They've upgraded speakers that failed for me. They've replaced an out-of-warranty mouse that I only had an inquiry about. They've taken care of other minor issues, some out-of-warranty stuff, all without a fuss. I never had to fight them for it. At the same time, almost every other CS outlet is the opposite, so even when Logitech has done all this great stuff for me, I still end up surprised that they're so good at it.

SNIP

Clearly sounds like they were having technical issues, my phone at work runs though a computer system and sometimes the server randomly disconnects calls for no apparent reason

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I hate good tech support, why can't they be like other sucky tech support :angry:

Oh wait. :P

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Clearly sounds like they were having technical issues, my phone at work runs though a computer system and sometimes the server randomly disconnects calls for no apparent reason

I am pretty sure this was not a technical issue 2 times in a row, right after I asked for his employee ID.  If you google Logitect Customer Service Review.....  They have a http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Logitech of 1.7/10 and there are numerous complaint of their agents hang up on people who call in......

I contacted their Customer Care Manager about the incident, if he does not get back to me I through buying their products.

Regardless of how great their product are, if  I am not treated with integrity and respect when I call in with a problem.

I would rather save myself the headache and go with another brand.