Why is logitech customer support so good?

SeanBond

Had an issue with my g502, this is an 80 dollar mouse on your average day right? Well the dpi shift button died on me and I decided to open'er up to see if there was anything that could be done. Nothing. Dead switch. So I called support and asked if I could rma even after opening it, they said it was no issue and I will get rma details in the next 72 hours so I am thinking cool I will get a replacement. All the while looking for a mouse online to buy while I ship my primary out. 4 days pass and I call them back because I have not gotten an email yet.

The woman on the phone tells me the rma was awaiting approvement, so she sent it up to her supervisor got it approved and then told me, it's not actually an rma. They just are going to send me a new mouse and confirmed my address. They didn't want any proof as a defective mouse, they are just letting me keep it. Really the dpi down shift button is inconsequential to me in everything but fps games. Yet here I go getting a brand new g502 just because I told them a dpi button failed. This is amazing and probably one of the best customer support experiences I have ever had. Anyone else have a good story?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

awesome service. that's why logitech will always get my money. 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Logitech kinda rocks, even in europe their customer support is just awesome

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Had an issue with my g502, this is an 80 dollar mouse on your average day right? Well the dpi shift button died on me and I decided to open'er up to see if there was anything that could be done. Nothing. Dead switch. So I called support and asked if I could rma even after opening it, they said it was no issue and I will get rma details in the next 72 hours so I am thinking cool I will get a replacement. All the while looking for a mouse online to buy while I ship my primary out. 4 days pass and I call them back because I have not gotten an email yet.

The woman on the phone tells me the rma was awaiting approvement, so she sent it up to her supervisor got it approved and then told me, it's not actually an rma. They just are going to send me a new mouse and confirmed my address. They didn't want any proof as a defective mouse, they are just letting me keep it. Really the dpi down shift button is inconsequential to me in everything but fps games. Yet here I go getting a brand new g502 just because I told them a dpi button failed. This is amazing and probably one of the best customer support experiences I have ever had. Anyone else have a good story?

its like the EVGA of peripherals, they might not be the best, but their customer experience rocks

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Well isn't that a site.

A company who cares about customers.

I'll be inclined to purchase from Logitech on my next peripheral purchase.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I bought a G35 in 2011, and after having it for over 1,5 years, the material covering the ear padding began to tear off (the warranty covers all materials and everything for 2 years). So i asked the support about it, sent in the headset and they just sent a whole new G35 pretty much immediatly. With a new 2 year warranty. So if the ear padding begins to tear off again at some point, or if anything at all happens really, i can just get a whole new one. Which is why i will stay with Logitech. Good products, great support.

Their warranties seem to cover ever little thing, and if something small indeed fails, they usually send you a replacement product.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Well isn't that a site.

A company who cares about customers.

I'll be inclined to purchase from Logitech on my next peripheral purchase.

Yeah they might have just sold me to them for life. That's how you treat a customer. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

This is really cool! :D Logitech is very goood! :D

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I cant say anything wrong with logitech mice to be honest, I've owned one for 8 Years now and its still going! A logitech MX Revolution :lol: I want to replace it but I love the side wheel thing :P

logitech-mx-revolution6.jpg

- That side wheel is awesome, got it assigned to Expose and to clear my screen of any windows to get to stuff I have on the desktop

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I'm sure a simple mod and quick run to radioshack could get your mouse back to it's full use

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Must throw wrench in machine, I contacted them Nov 10th about my G930 developing a crack where the band pivot point is (sent picture), the last email was the 'yes there is a problem, we will replace it for you'.  So I sent them all my information and heard nothing.  I contacted them on Dec 1st and got a reply from UPS (not Logitech) on the 3rd, that I have a shipping label.  So I suppose the want me to return them before they ship a replacement.

It is a known issue, on their forums there are plenty of stories/pics of them breaking here.  I suppose because mine aren't totally destroyed yet they can't clearly see the issue.

In the past they replaced a desktop grade mouse a couple times without issue because the buttons would start messing up (releasing while held down) and sent me a new G600 when they fixed the bugs from the release version.

So I suppose I'll be without my G930 for at least 2 weeks while all this round trip shipping occurs.

My flatmate had a similar experience with a broken G930 receiver and being in NZ he was expecting to have to ship it over seas, but nope he called them up, gave them address and serial number and it was here in three days which was pretty rediculous.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I bought a G15 years and years ago. Unfortunatly I broke the wristrest and one of the raiser.

I e-mailed Logitech's support to enquire about buying some replacements. They just send them to me for free.

To be honest, I have never had a bad experience with customer support, even from "bad" companies like EA and Razer.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Logitech kinda rocks, even in europe their customer support is just awesome

what do you mean even in europe? Its a ''european'' company after all (Switzerland)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I bought a G15 years and years ago. Unfortunatly I broke the wristrest and one of the raiser.

I e-mailed Logitech's support to enquire about buying some replacements. They just send them to me for free.

To be honest, I have never had a bad experience with customer support, even from "bad" companies like EA and Razer.

I have from ea but I think that razer gets a bad rap for no reason at all.

The woman on the phone tells me the rma was awaiting approvement, so she sent it up to her supervisor got it approved and then told me, it's not actually an rma. They just are going to send me a new mouse and confirmed my address. They didn't want any proof as a defective mouse, they are just letting me keep it. 

That snippet right there is the crucial part in this being defined as good customer service.   In between the lines is the fact that it took longer than they said it would (they probably have an internal policy of "under promise, over deliver") so when they noticed they exceeded the 72 hours that was original quoted, they felt obliged to correct their mistake when it took longer than it should have. Kudos for that.  I'll bet $100 that was the reason and not because they were trying to make good on a busted product.  It's a thin line between the two, but it's certainly there.  And that's why it's a pet peeve of mine when a customer calls a company... company doesn't give anything free... and customer says it's bad service.   Good service is treating a customer like a human being (golden rule), talking with respect, and being reasonable.  

If a company didn't replace something of mine because of a good reason that they can explain to me and do it without being condescending, I would absolutely still call that customer service.  They'd still be worthy of my money for another purchase because they'd have demonstrated integrity. 

That's pretty awesome that Logitech helped you like that.  

PS.  I bet they also recognize the target audience for some of their products.. especially a gaming mouse.  They probably, rightfully, assume that a majority of gamers blab to their buddies and online strangers about their equipment.  Having a good reputation is important in the video game industry. People talk. 

I personally have had the exact opposite experience with logitech.

I used to have a G35 headset. I contacted them multiple times about that thing. When Windows 8 (and again with 8.1) was launched they were having all kinds of issues with their drivers. The volume of the headset would randomly jump up and down despite the volume in windows never being changed. Also had problems with the mute light turning on correctly. Contacted them about this to ask whats up, and all I got was 'Uninstall and reinstall the driver' when that didn't work and I replied to them, they said 'We will look into it further' and I never heard back from them despite trying to get in touch with them more after that.

Then the pleather G35's earcups started peeling really badly. I contacted support multiple times and their community forum and even called them once to get new earcups, I was even willing to pay them. I had sent 3 or 4 emails over the course of a couple months. No reply at all. Called them, said they were going to direct me to sales, hung up on me instead. Community forum, a bunch of other people saying they had the same issues and saying they were snubbed in the same ways.

Thankfully I got rid of that thing when I bought my 558's.

I have a G110 keyboard too, and the drivers on that in my experience have been kind of crappy too and have had issues with it not lighting properly and some other things. Never bothered contacting them cause I figured I would just get blown off more. This will be the next thing to go, probably switch to a Corsiar K95.

I do however still rock an old Logitech G9 mouse, and I must say it works great and has been one of the best mice I have ever had the joy of using. It's rubber finish is starting to peel after a few years of use though, and I doubt I will be able to get a new grip from them despite the fact it is interchangeable. I really wish they would release a refresh of the G9/G9x. 

Community forum, a bunch of other people saying they had the same issues and saying they were snubbed in the same ways.

Wow.  Touché.

That sucks.

I used to have a G35 headset. I contacted them multiple times about that thing. When Windows 8 (and again with 8.1) was launched they were having all kinds of issues with their drivers. The volume of the headset would randomly jump up and down despite the volume in windows never being changed. Also had problems with the mute light turning on correctly. Contacted them about this to ask whats up, and all I got was 'Uninstall and reinstall the driver' when that didn't work and I replied to them, they said 'We will look into it further' and I never heard back from them despite trying to get in touch with them more after that.

Then the pleather G35's earcups started peeling really badly. I contacted support multiple times and their community forum and even called them once to get new earcups, I was even willing to pay them. I had sent 3 or 4 emails over the course of a couple months. No reply at all. Called them, said they were going to direct me to sales, hung up on me instead. Community forum, a bunch of other people saying they had the same issues and saying they were snubbed in the same ways.

Thankfully I got rid of that thing when I bought my 558's.

I have a G110 keyboard too, and the drivers on that in my experience have been kind of crappy too and have had issues with it not lighting properly and some other things. Never bothered contacting them cause I figured I would just get blown off more. This will be the next thing to go, probably switch to a Corsiar K95.

I do however still rock an old Logitech G9 mouse, and I must say it works great and has been one of the best mice I have ever had the joy of using. It's rubber finish is starting to peel after a few years of use though, and I doubt I will be able to get a new grip from them despite the fact it is interchangeable. I really wish they would release a refresh of the G9/G9x. 

Really sucks to here a bad experience like that.

Logitech care about their customers. Each time I have had to deal with their customer service, it's been fantastic. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Wow.  Touché.

That sucks.

Really sucks to here a bad experience like that.

Yeah, I dunno if I just happened to buy the product lines that they don't care about or what. They have lost me as a customer though for most of their product lines. The only thing I might consider buying from them at this point are webcams, and maybe a mouse if they updated the G9/G9x.

The only thing I might consider buying from them at this point are webcams, 

I just bought a Logitech webcam for my dad.   

I cant say anything wrong with logitech mice to be honest, I've owned one for 8 Years now and its still going! A logitech MX Revolution :lol: I want to replace it but I love the side wheel thing :P

logitech-mx-revolution6.jpg

- That side wheel is awesome, got it assigned to Expose and to clear my screen of any windows to get to stuff I have on the desktop

I wish they have the side wheel on all of their mice after that one, but they decided to removed it.  :(

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Sooo, I havn't even had my g930's for a year and the plastic on the side right about the earthingy broke and now the pad is just hanging, not even sitting on my head. This is probably because I've dropped it too many times but it just fell of randomly after a while.

Do you think I could message them about it? Do you think they'll do anything? :)

<snip>

I've an MX Performance coming up for 2 years now. Love it.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS