840 Pro and HyperX 3K Pass 2 Petabytes With No Problem

LoL my bad, topic repost....post has digressed. i'm OP and i'm unfollowing this post. a Mod can delete if they feel so inclined.

You just run away don't you. /s

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Which is wrong and a misconception and I wouldn't because a lot of people say it, Barnacules did it and I corrected him so did other people like newegg TV if it's wrong I will correct them it doesn't matter and a lot of forum members know that a 1 GB is 1000MB which dare I say are a tech community.

You must be hilarious at parties

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

You just run away don't you. /s

hahaha yea a little. it became TLDR and off topic waaaay too quick for me to keep up and i was doing other stuff. 

Windows 10 | AMD FX-8350 @4.6GHz | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | 16Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866 | MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4Gb | Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb | Corsair HX750 | NZXT Source 530 case | Logitech G710+ keyboard | Logitech G500s mouse | Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle | Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR

im studying engineer in hardware, and they taught us that 1GB is indeed 1024MB.

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

You must be hilarious at parties

Really how can I be hilarious we I have a serious talk it will be disrespectful parties are different Razer *Ryōta Kise voice* boy.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Really how can I be hilarious we I have a serious talk it will be disrespectful parties are different Razer *Ryōta Kise voice* boy.

Not a single word of that scentence was connected to any of the others

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

im studying engineer in hardware, and they taught us that 1GB is indeed 1024MB.

And they are wrong. Sorta. Since 98.

I was taught that too.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

And they are wrong. Sorta. Since 98.

I was taught that too.

then what is the real size of MB in 1GB?, so i can make a ruckus in my school for false information.

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

then what is the real amount for 1GB?, so i can make a ruckus in my school for false information.

Well according to IEC and IEEE it is 1000 MB, which is 1000 KB, which is 1000 bytes.

1 GiB is 1024 MiB, and so on

That's pronounced Gibibyte, and sounds just as retarded as it looks. 

Drives use the new SI standard, both becuase it's an IEEE standard as of like 2000 or something like that. 

It was adopted by drive manufacturers For a few reasons

1.for mechanical drives at least (I can't speak for SSDs), the SI units make sense. It's not like memory

2. It's an IEEE standard, and if putting a mini dildo on your drive is a IEEE standard, you better do it or it's WRONG. Or something. Anyway they keep up to "code" with these standards, else the server market might catch on fire or something.

3. The new SI standard makes it look bigger. Would you rather market a  100 GB drive or a 93 GB drive?

Of course not everyone adopted. MS didn't for example. 

Have your professor/classmates do this:

Add up all of the size for the partitions in windows for a drive. I'll do mine

647GB, 495GB, 720GB

Those are the 3 partitions on my 2TB drive, those are all rough numbers, rounding down like in explorer for simplicity's sake.

As one volume, that would add up to 1862GB, which is not 2TB obviously. A LOT of techies will tell you it has to do with the formatting or windows or something, which is a load of shit. 

Windows just uses the old GB, now referred to as GiB.

If I take 1862GiB and convert it to GB (google will do this for you, their converter is correct) I get 1999.31which without rounding down on the partition sizes and counting the ~100MiB system reserved partition would be 2TB or pretty damn close to it.

You'll also notice that windows has an area in file properties similar to this:

Size

Size on disk

The size on disk is their way of trying to bridge the gap. 

Now when it comes to memory and some other things, most manufacturers use the 1024 standard written as GB. That's a whole different story. 

This is a really confusing thing and this adaption of the SI units really muddied things up

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

-snip-

I completely forgot about the gibibytes, i saw them in class the professor just mention them and give us a table of all the gibibytes, kibibytes, etc., but thats all i saw, i dont get to talk or saw more about it in class, its about decimal and binary, its 1024 with the gigas but its 1000 with the gibi, they are the same but different, thanks for this little lesson, i will cherish this.

Not a single word of that scentence was connected to any of the others

I'm being halirous take it and go.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Repost, and 1PB is 1024TB

No, a PB is 1000TB. A PiB (Pibibyte) is 1024TB.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Late to the party bro.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I know its not how the test works but it would be funny if all the data they're going through is actually seeding to TPB

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I know its not how the test works but it would be funny if all the data they're going through is actually seeding to TPB

seeding doesn't write anything to your drive...it's all read. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I know but this test is like a TPB server processing seeds

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

What about writing peer address. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Still wrong, A PiB (Pebibyte) is 1024 TiB (Tebibyte).

If you're using KiB/MiB (not Man in Black!)/GiB etc. then it always stays 1024 as factor! ( *2^10; *2^20^; *2^30 etc.)

If you're using KB/MB/GB/... then it always stays 1000 as factor (per defininion: kilo = *10^3, mega = *10^6 etc.)

You (most likely) won't ever be using KB and MiB (for example) in the same sentence, and if you want to do that you'd pretty much need to convert either of the two to the other.

PS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibibyte

has a sheet on the right which should explain it

If you're using KiB/MiB (not Man in Black!)/GiB etc. then it always stays 1024 as factor! ( *2^10; *2^20^; *2^30 etc.)

If you're using KB/MB/GB/... then it always stays 1000 as factor (per defininion: kilo = *10^3, mega = *10^6 etc.)

You (most likely) won't ever be using KB and MiB (for example) in the same sentence, and if you want to do that you'd pretty much need to convert either of the two to the other.

Late to the party bro.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

That wikipedia page is wrong. We have professors who worked at IBM for more than 15 years who taught us this system. Everything after KiB is not a power of 2. That's why it's such a screwed up system.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

That wikipedia page is wrong. We have professors who worked at IBM for more than 15 years who taught us this system. Everything after KiB is not a power of 2. That's why it's such a screwed up system.

Then what is KiB power of 3 ??? How I know it it's 2 for binary 0 and 1.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Late to the party bro.

And there were still several mistakes people were making, so excuse me for trying to point it out (yes, I pointed it out >again<").

Well, that would make no sense tbh. Also, the source for the wikipedia article seems right to me.

And there were still several mistakes people were making, so excuse me for trying to point it out (yes, I pointed it out >again<".

Well, that would make no sense tbh. Also, the source for the wikipedia article seems right to me.

Will thanks for pointing It out.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Then what is KiB power of 3 ??? How I know it it's 2 for binary 0 and 1.

facepalm* KiB is 1024 bytes. A KB is 1000 bytes. A Megabyte is 1000 KB. Here's the kicker. A MiB is 1024 KB, not KiB. that's why anything above a KiB is not a perfect power of 2 (bytes of data). It's a factor of 1000 * 2^10.

And there were still several mistakes people were making, so excuse me for trying to point it out (yes, I pointed it out >again<").

Well, that would make no sense tbh. Also, the source for the wikipedia article seems right to me.

It's like the standards people tried to implement on all SQL distributions. No one actually follows them.