Don't piss of the miltiary

dlf

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130614/OFFDUTY02/306140030/New-Xbox-sin-against-all-service-members-

Navy Lt. Scott Metcalf was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new Xbox One. Now he’s not even sure if he’ll buy one.

Indeed, for many in the military, the next-gen Xbox console may offer more endemic frustration than grand epic gaming, particularly for those deployed downrange, aboard ships and stationed overseas.

Xbox One, Microsoft’s much-anticipated new console, got its big reveal at the Electronic Entertainment Expo gamers’ convention in Los Angeles. Company honchos are confident it will come to dominate living rooms over the next decade not only as the gaming delivery vehicle of choice, but also with a barrage of other content, including a suite of apps, streaming video and music.

There’s one big but, however: To get all this entertainment awesomeness, the console will have to check in online with the Microsoft mothership at least once a day.

“With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection,” an Xbox spokesperson tell Military Times. [ . . . . .  ]

This is I'd presume a "PR" nightmare for Microsoft, wow, first gamers (some anyway), and now the military. I'd be curious to know what their stance was on the PS4, and weather they (the Air Force) will change the PS3's they are using and get PS4'S.

woops someone saw too much money and forgot to think a bit more before trying to grab 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

I think that it's quite a stupid idea to make it check online for the console to work. I don't know about other people, but my console isn't always in a place where a network connection is possible.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

This was actually the first group I thought were negatively effected.. Soldiers overseas. Tons of gamers are in the military.

And Microsoft just shat in their face. 

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

PC would be a lot better, they could use some fancy army tek on one screen and play a game on another screen. Also no paying for internet like both consoles.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

why are they upset they can still get a pc, steambox and a ps4

PC MASTER RACE MODE //: Activated

11000 0110000 1000 010

//Command: 00011100001

Systems ready to force PC's down throat... //:True

Mercy mode activated... //:False

//Command: 00100111101

Commencing telling them to buy PC..

OMG Consoles suck! They can always move to PC. PC's are so reliable, especially in the desert and remote places!!! BUY PC NOW MILITARY

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Also no paying for internet like both consoles.

You mean playing online. You're still paying for Internet on both consoles and PCs.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch