Deathadder is love, Deathadder is life.

DelusionalSyko

I think my first ACTUAL gaming mouse was the Logitech G5, which came with a weight set that I was completely new to.

41O17f0BfDL._SY300_.jpg

I had this mouse for about 1 1/2 years, and the braided cable at the front of the mouse started to rip and the mouse completely died.

So, I replaced it with the Razr Deathadder gen 1, my first razr product back when they were getting popular in the gaming community with their headsets. Honestly, I never loved a mouse as much as I loved the gen 1 deathadder. I had that baby for 3 years and the scroll wheel finally gave up on me. And not having a scroll wheel completely sucks, so I decided I wanted to replace it with this:

1.jpg

The CM Storm Spawn, which I had for 4 months and it died a horrible death.

So, instead of playing around with mice that I MIGHT like, I decided to get the 2nd generation deathadder. I literally walked into a Fry's, picked the mouse up, bought it and walked out. No foolin around.

So, I've had the 2nd gen Deathadder for 3 years now with no problems. And I've used a lot of different styles of mice, but the deathadder still comes out on top as the most reliable and the most comfortable to use. Also, it doesn't have a keyboard slapped onto the side which I hate about the Naga.

So, is there a particular product that you guys swear by for peripherals? Or am I the only deathadder fan boy out there?

I love my Deathadder, but only really because it fits my hand well.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I grew up using the Intellimouse 3 so I basically base all my experiences around that. I never even used it for gaming but when I got into PC gaming those mice stopped being manufactured so I have just been stuck with other mice I don't like as much. I primarily use the Zowie EC1 which is similar in shape to the Deathadder/Intellimouse.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Sensei is love, Sensei is life. I still prefer my sensei to every other mouse I have tried. 

I used to have a Deathadder, loved it but hated the Razer Synapse PoS software. 

It was great, until i crushed it with my grip.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Logitech G600, it's the perfect mouse for me, although I do like the Func MS-3, as I like ergonomic peripherals.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I used 3.5g deathadders for awhile up until about a year ago. I had gotten 2 for free the first died after about 6 months of use, the 2nd last for a about a year. I thought they were a little heavy and i really disliked the slick sides. I originally had bought a g400 to replace the deathadder but i was unlucky enough to get the first version that had prediction and cable issues. This had turned me off to finding a replacement for awhile. Someone eventually gifted me a cm storm spawn, after trying it for over a month i never found the sensor very good. I ended up buying a Zowie EC1 EVO CL, and immediately loved the sensor, felt worlds better then the deathadder's, also Zowie cables are the best i've ever encountered to this day, the g502's cable is probably 2nd best. But the ec1 was a little large, so i ended up buying an ec2 evo cl, which i loved as well. The only problem i had with the EC2 was it definately performed best at 2300 DPI and a lot of games really don't support a low enough sensitivity for me to get my desired distance per 360 with such a high DPI. I think my next round of purchases as a Roccat Pyra, Logitech g100s, and Logitech g502. I ordered Pyra first, but it was being delivered from Korea so it was going to take a month to arrive. The g100s 2nd, and while waiting for the g100s to arrive, the g502 came out and i picked one up at Best Buy. I used the g502 for a couple months, trying to get used to the weight because the sensor was great. But i could never get used to the weight. After using the g502 for months, switching to the pyra so an immediate improvement in my performance, despite the pyra having some mild angle snapping. It also had a relatively short cable. I was given a g402 and didn't like the shape or weight, so quickly stopped using it. So i ordered a Roccat Kone Pure Military and a Zowie FK1 both close to their relase, the Zowie FK1 still hasn't arrived and the store i ordered from won't answer my emails. So i used the Roccat Kone Pure Military although i was a bit disappointed by the sensor, it felt a little unresponsive, and the cable was still a little short and a little stiff. I was really alternating between the Logitech g100s and the Roccat Kone Pure Military. The main problem with the g100s being the lack of side buttons and lack on onboard memory; its sensor is great, just a max speed a little on the low side for me. Then I was given a Logitech g302 and it has the side buttons and onboard memory that was lacking in the g100s and has the best lmb and rmb clicks i've ever tried, but is a little bit heavier then i would like, and honestly i would much prefer the g502's sensor in a lighter mouse. I tried the Razer Krait which uses the same sensor as the 4g Deathadder, just to test out that sensor in a lighter mouse, and hated the sensor, felt horrid. Bought a WMO which i love, but the max speed is a bit low, it lacks side mouse buttons, plus you need to run third party software to have it work at 500hz. Right now i'm using the g302. Roccat recently came out with a firmware update i think for the Kone Pure Military, however the short and stiff cable is preventing me from giving it another shot. I preordered a Ninox Aurora which i think was shipped Mon. So hopefully will arrive soon.

So i guess the answer is no, there isn't a mouse i'm in love with.

Not a product necessarily, but for many years I was stuck on the IME3.0 shape. I got an IME3.0, which was AWESOME, but a little lacking in features, so I decided to upgrade to something similar in shape with a bit more tinkerability. I went with the original DeathAdder, which sadly got double-clicky quite fast, so I went back to the IME3.0. After I upgraded to a 1080p monitor, I found myself literally needing a higher CPI, so I had to look for another mouse that was said to be similar in shape but had a higher CPI (and preferably the ability to swap to a lower one if needed). So for 2 years, I used the Zowie EC1 Evo.

However, at one point I got a giftcard, which I spent towards a Microsoft SideWinder X8, mostly because I was curious about the BlueTrack sensor and because I had tried the predecessors at a store and found the shape to be likable. However, while the sensor was badass, the mouse itself had several issues. It was wireless so the battery added some weight to it, which I used to be able to circumvent by plugging the mouse in and using it as a wired one. But then the charging cord died and I had to start using the batteries and an external charger, which was a hassle. Finally, the scrollwheel on the mouse was a lot looser than I liked, which only became an issue when I found that some games had relatively precise functionality tied to the scroll wheel (switching radio stations in GTAIV), so I went back to the Zowie.

The stint with the SideWinder had made me curious about more ergonomic shaped mice, as I have long, thin fingers so most mice are too short for me. After a lot of consideration, the Mionix Naos 7000 beat Func MS-3^2 and QPad 5K to become my new mouse. This might just be the start of a similar chain, assuming that Mionix doesn't change their shape radically in the future revisions.

I do have to say that I always disliked how SteelSeries keeps reinventing their mouse shape with almost every new mouse they come up with. The only exception has been the Sensei, which I believe is a somewhat popular mouse to begin with. On the opposite end is Razer, who have been milking the DeathAdder for years now, usually with a significant jump in price with every revision that came out. And then there's Logitech, who seem to be on the fence about the MX518 shape that they previously used a lot.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

I used to only use some HP crap mouse that came with computers before I built my first computer in 2010. I used to be a semi professional sc2 player so i won a gaming mouse/headset combo from a tournament which was the Starcraft II spectre mouse from razer and the banshee headset. The mouse was 'OKAY' compared to my hp shitty mouses i have used before. In 2012, I decided to invest some money in a mouse and got my deathadder. Best decision I've made! I used to get sore wrists and hands from my mouse after gaming for few hours but with deathadder its very comfortable for hours and never had any issues.

I tried out a Deathadder at Best Buy once and it died in my hands before I even really got to use it. Asked an employee to take it out of the box, I loved how it felt, plugged it into a nearby iMac and the thing stopped working within 5 seconds.

I know that, in that situation, you just RMA/return to the store if I had brought it home, but the fact that it died straight out of the box and the employee sat a bit embarrassed behind me was a bit of a sorry experience.

Having said that though, the Deathadder is a great mouse, just not for me with that sort of experience.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The deathadder is my first real mouse and I have to say I'm not that fond of it. It's the 3.5G version and the lift off distance is just dang high. I fixed it somewhat with a piece of tape beneath the sensor. Then there is the software. You need the razer bloatware running to get the mouse settings you want. I recently bought a steelseries rival, and while the mouse is a bit too big for my hand maybe, you can just set your preferred DPI and lighting with the software, then uninstall it and the mouse will remember the settings. Also the clicks on the deathadder are too light, they don't feel satisfying. That is what the rival does right in my opinion, I just love to click it, sound and feel are great! All in all haven't found a perfect mouse yet.

I really like the Deathadder as well. It's ergonomics fit my had perfectly and always have. It feels like home and battles the G700s for top ergonomics for me. They could make improvements to it however and I really wish they would.

It was great, until i crushed it with my grip.

Silly Fulgrim, you don't have a powerfist in the lore

I love my Deathadder, but I can't deal with the lack of onboard memory since I take it to a net cafe. My next mouse is going to be the Corsair Sabre RGB Optical. It feels like literally the one mouse on the market right now where I don't have to make any compromises

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

So today i received Logitech G502 and coming from Deathadder 2012 the transmition was instant because my hand didnt have to get used to new mouse. Its a perfect fit, love the ruberrised sides and thumb rest. For its shape it feels smaller than deathadder despite many people saying its bigger.

I still love my deathadder, served me well for 2 years but ive been feeling like its a time to move on.

The full plastic body wasnt greatest for my mouse flicking gaming style (low sensitivity, lifting mouse for full 360 turns). Thats the only subjective negative feedback i have on that mouse (i know 2013 has improved that)

So i would strongly recommend G502 to all of u who plan on moving on :) The free scrolling wheel is hillarious and awesome at same time, love it.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

So today i received Logitech G502 and coming from Deathadder 2012 the transmition was instant because my hand didnt have to get used to new mouse. Its a perfect fit, love the ruberrised sides and thumb rest. For its shape it feels smaller than deathadder despite many people saying its bigger.

I still love my deathadder, served me well for 2 years but ive been feeling like its a time to move on.

The full plastic body wasnt greatest for my mouse flicking gaming style (low sensitivity, lifting mouse for full 360 turns). Thats the only subjective negative feedback i have on that mouse (i know 2013 has improved that)

So i would strongly recommend G502 to all of u who plan on moving on :) The free scrolling wheel is hillarious and awesome at same time, love it.

I've heard it's really heavy

I've heard it's really heavy

I think its around 25g heavier (126g ish no weights, 168 with weights).

Out of the box and after few maps in CS:GO i had no problem with the weight (was worried about it before purchase) but its still in my mouse weight range since i hardly noticed. I surely wont use the weights for gamaing but might put them in just get the feel and maybe they will be usefull for photo editing.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE