That was amazing. If you're planning on going to PAXEAST again this year, could you do a tour of BOSE just outside of Boston? These things are freaking awesome.

Any clue if their QC15s are made there? I think it would be really cool to see the manufacturing on their noise-cancelling lines...

Does anyone know which product lines have non-neutral sound or as the guy says - are a "fashion statement"? I'd like to avoid those.

He was referring to the Urbanite lineup (they are placed as a Beats competitor). I guess it wasn't that clear in the video so great question!

Woke up this morning hoping for the mineral oil 3 build, got this.

Soon, very soon...

@nicklmg I'd love to be able to watch the explanation of audio drivers/the RnD process of the HD800....assuming theres nothing proprietary there 

I think there was some proprietary info :( so I highly doubt we would get approval from Sennheiser to release that haha...

It's Hannover, double N ^^ Damn ...Linus was in range of just a few kilometers from me O.o holy balls, which you guys had made a meet and greet, maybe next time! ;)

Both are technically correct, though I've made the change to double N as that seems to be the more popular spelling :)

And if they had time for a meet and greet they would have done one :( Linus flew from Vancouver to Germany, did 2 full-day factory tours, and flew back all in 4 days...

I really liked these factory tours. You guys should try to land more of these if you can.

Bring Nick along next time. I'm sure he'll like that.

I wish! If it made sense to bring me I would be all over it :D we'll see what happens in the future...

More factory tours !

/agree

Here's a few visits i'd die to see:

- Logitech Mice and Keyboards

- Corsair Cases

- ASUS Motherboards 

·· When I die i wan't to go peacefully - in my sleep, like my granddad - Not screaming in terror, like his passengers ··

·· [ while (!asleep()) { $sheep++} ] :: [ The Cave ] ··

I think there was some proprietary info :( so I highly doubt we would get approval from Sennheiser to release that haha...

Just break NDA 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Any clue if their QC15s are made there? I think it would be really cool to see the manufacturing on their noise-cancelling lines...

I honestly have no idea. As a "company" with some pull, maybe you guys could find out?

PS, they're also making QC25's now.

Edit: This is one of the job openings at their Framingham building, so maybe... "Algorithm Development Audio DSP/Echo Cancellation Engineer for Headphones & Headsets"

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I am a Sennheiser enthusiast so this video made my week! Is it possible to get deleted-scenes footage?!?!?!?? I must have more!

It would be cool if you could make the video of the 'lesson' available.

I honestly have no idea. As a "company" with some pull, maybe you guys could find out?

PS, they're also making QC25's now.

Edit: This is one of the job openings at their Framingham building, so maybe... "Algorithm Development Audio DSP/Echo Cancellation Engineer for Headphones & Headsets"

Hey, we're a real company... :( haha

Yeah we can definitely reach out, I just figured I would ask if you knew since you seem interested :P

And by the looks of that posting it seems very possible... Nice scouting work.

It would be cool if you could make the video of the 'lesson' available.

Already asked, but NDA 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Woke up this morning hoping for the mineral oil 3 build, got this.

Good video, just not really my cup of tea since I have tinnitus and all I care about for headphones is how comfortable they are to wear, and that they are loud enough to overcome said tinnitus.

Also that they need to be cheap.

I was hoping for that too i maybe the only person, but I have never been much of a music mood person so I'm not to crazy about headphones esspically with my glasses no every pair of headphones I wear seem to bug me with them on. I never really understand how people can put there headphones on and just tune out the world or listening to a song will make them feel better if they are having a bad day.I actually bought a pair of Vmodas m100s thinking I would give it a shot but nothing no mood change or emotions. Maybe it's just me?

You should do some reviews about some home theater stuff like some good entry level tower speakers and receivers and stuff. I am actually shopping around for a new projector and I could use some advice on some accessories and stuff I currently use an Hd20 and its great but I would like something with a smaller throw distance if possible.

I was hoping for that too i maybe the only person, but I have never been much of a music mood person so I'm not to crazy about headphones esspically with my glasses no every pair of headphones I wear seem to bug me with them on. I never really understand how people can put there headphones on and just tune out the world or listening to a song will make them feel better if they are having a bad day.I actually bought a pair of Vmodas m100s thinking I would give it a shot but nothing no mood change or emotions. Maybe it's just me?

You should do some reviews about some home theater stuff like some good entry level tower speakers and receivers and stuff. I am actually shopping around for a new projector and I could use some advice on some accessories and stuff I currently use an Hd20 and its great but I would like something with a smaller throw distance if possible.

Don't get me wrong, I love music, but if I'm jamming out I'm using my 470watt home sound system and not some crappy headphones.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nice vid, I hope you guys will get a chance to go to Beyerdynamics factory. Love both companies' products.

They are building it slowly for you and the camera. It goes at least a little bit faster when you're not around.

Does anyone know which product lines have non-neutral sound or as the guy says - are a "fashion statement"? I'd like to avoid those.

Urbanite... Because they are a direct competitor to Beats by Dre...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

@nicklmg

I really liked these factory tours. You guys should try to land more of these if you can.

:D we'll see what happens in the future...

Well if you want to do factory tours of some facilities in Taiwan, I can help you. Our factory and office is located near Taipei and I know some people around and I can help you get in touch with them (also: translation 'n stuff).  :ph34r:

i really like these kinds of video from you guys, please do a lot more factory tour videos like these in the future if possible,

Plus it was soooooo refreshing to see Linus in that brown t-shirt (instead of traditional trademarked black tee), please do use that in a regular review video if possible (atleast one)..

Other than that , brilliant Video, plus the footage roll was amazing (quality wise) & good job to the whole team who worked on it..(editing/color cor was great imo)

Details separate people.

Can you put the audio lesson that you got to listen to up on youtube or the forums

These videos are probably my favorite of the videos you guys do. They just feel... more relevant.

Hey, we're a real company... :( haha

Yeah we can definitely reach out, I just figured I would ask if you knew since you seem interested :P

And by the looks of that posting it seems very possible... Nice scouting work.

I only put company in quotes because I don't consider you guys a company. I think of you guys more as fellow tech nerds. I like that better.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I wonder if my HD8 DJ's were built by one of those ladies that were shown building the HD800's. :)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Damn, the one time I don't stay up late to watch a video, exciting stuff happens  <_<. That tour was awesome though. I really like this, Linus and Luke should definitely do more. 

They look so professional sitting in their chairs talking about their experience at the factory  :lol:

Maybe an Intel next? Or Nvidia/AMD? I'd like to see a tour of how CPU and/or GPU's are made. bequiet! could be really cool too. Plus they're in Germany, if you want to continue that trend

edit: I've noticed something pretty major. @nicklmg doesn't have a Christmas hat in his avatar! C'mon Nick, LinusTech and Slick both already have theirs, get it together!

bHUltU6.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May