[US] Blue Snowball-iCE Condenser Microphone - $35

Faceman

Blue Snowball-iCE Condenser Microphone for only $35 shipped on Fry's.com

Promo Code: 6091022

I own one of these and it is amazing, I always get compliments from random people in games saying that the clarity of my microphone is incredible, and asking what I use.  Its this. 

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

It is an amazing microphone indeed!

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Damn, I have a skype interview for college tomorrow and it would be really handy if I had crystal clear voice for them to hear. Would certainly gain a few brownie points :P

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I love my Snowball, definitely worth every penny.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

At this price it's a good deal, at it's normal price I personally believe that there are other mics that provide better quality for less money. It's just that they aren't as internet popular as the Blue series. 

I would pick one of these up, but I have a small desk and the microphone would have to be placed behind my keyboard and in front of the monitor.

I am afraid that the mic would pick up the clacks of my Cherry MX reds, and would also block my monitor a bit.

Anyone have a small desk and come up with a solution? Help would be greatly appreciated.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Also, do you know if this promo code applies to the black version of this mic?

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I went to the website and it says no shipping.

How long does the promo code last?

[witty signature]

I went to the website and it says no shipping.

aoAMmGg.png

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

How long does the promo code last?

I think today only.

Also, do you know if this promo code applies to the black version of this mic?

I don't know if it does.

You might want to fix the description.

The Snowball iCE is not the same as the Snowball: http://bluemic.com/blog/2012/06/whats-the-difference-find-the-right-blue-usb-mic-for-you/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

I suggest getting the original snowball as well! I own it and absolutely love it for playing games with friends over teamspeak! I pair it with my M50s for a solid experience.

EDIT: I wish it was like the Yeti where I can plug my headphones in though

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pzKFqs

Undecided on GPU

I think i'll hold off and get the black snowball when I can afford it. Not too much more and it goes well with my black and red color scheme.

great mic i use it allot for skype and playing with friends hasn't let me down yet and the quality for the price is amazing only gripe about it is that it catches allot of pops so you will need to get a pop filter if you are having allot of issues 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Wow what an amazing dea........................... Oh wait i live in Australia.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I would pick one of these up, but I have a small desk and the microphone would have to be placed behind my keyboard and in front of the monitor.

I am afraid that the mic would pick up the clacks of my Cherry MX reds, and would also block my monitor a bit.

Anyone have a small desk and come up with a solution? Help would be greatly appreciated.

I use Cherry MX Reds and I had exactly that problem, picked up a mic boom arm and kept the mic to the side but still close to my mouth which helps to avoid the clicking noises as long as I keep the volume low on the mic. 

CPU - i5 4670K || Motherboard - Asus Z87-C  || RAM - Crucial Ballistix Tactical Memory 8GB || GPU - ASUS GTX 970 Strix || Case - Corsair 330R || Storage - 1TB Seagate || PSU - Corsair CX750 || Displays - AOC 21.5 LED x2 || Cooling - Arctic F12 PWM (x2) Corsair 120+140mm || Keyboard - Corsair K70 MX Red || Mouse - Roccat Kova+ || Sound - Thermaltake TTe Shock Headset

I use Cherry MX Reds and I had exactly that problem, picked up a mic boom arm and kept the mic to the side but still close to my mouth which helps to avoid the clicking noises as long as I keep the volume low on the mic. 

I was hoping to avoid an extra expense but I suppose it's the most elegant solution.

I'll pick up the arm when I can.