PlayStation 4 controller review and comparison with PS3 controller.

Hi guys, if anyone is interested to see the PS4 controller hands-on review and comparison with the older one the PS3 controller, you can check out Tested.com's review of it. Here is the video:

I think it's allot better than the old model, they finally fixed the triggers. Those were so annoying your fingers always slipped off, and finally they added a headphone jack.

I had a PS3 for a year and I never liked the triggers, whenever I tried Forza at my friend(though it was confusing from PS3 joystick's on GT5 to triggers on Forza) the triggers were always allot better with the only reason that the x360 controller had that curvature.

Feel free to comment :).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

The biggest improvement to me is it's holder where you put your pinky, ring, and middle finger and the trigger which would probably help you out a lot if you play some exclusive FPS games in that console.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I have a PS3 and I've always said that the controller for my friend's XBox is better. I'm glad to see that Sony has improved the controller. The only thing that is a regression to me seems like the part at the bottom that is a different color. I'm sure it has that color/texture for a reason, but it just looks ugly to me. The rest of it looks nice though.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

I have a PS3 and I've always said that the controller for my friend's XBox is better. I'm glad to see that Sony has improved the controller. The only thing that is a regression to me seems like the part at the bottom that is a different color. I'm sure it has that color/texture for a reason, but it just looks ugly to me. The rest of it looks nice though.

Texture probably for better gripping. The older controllers got pretty slippery, especially with sweat, or even after just eventual wear and tear.

The triggers are nice. The Xbox controller's triggers were always a better idea.

If you didn't see yet, I just posted a new topic with the Xbox One controller and Kinect review also from Tested.com.  You can check it here. I included some rant:30 too :D.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Does the controller fit better in the hand now?

The Xbox 360 controller was the best traditional gamepad I've ever used (I liked the mismatched analog sticks much more than I expected) but from reviews I've seen the Xbox One controller is at best a side-step and most people specifically dislike the new sticks on it. Hopefully the PS4 analog sticks feel better than the PS3; I never minded the convex triggers or stick tops, but actually moving the sticks always felt really... mushy? Not sure how to describe it, but it didn't feel right.

Does the controller fit better in the hand now?

I guess, and it will feel better for people with bigger hands.

I just like the completely ignored by Sony Touch pad. Why not simply remove it?

This is awesome, I can't wait to play with new hardware.

We still have no idea what the touchpad does...