Rohinni's Lightpaper Is Incredibly Thin, And Printable

BulletSpongeRTR

3038890-inline-thin.jpg

In its current state, Lightpaper is manufactured by mixing ink and tiny LEDs together and printing them out on a conductive layer. That object is then sandwiched between two other layers and sealed. The tiny diodes are about the size of a red blood cell, and randomly dispersed on the material. When current runs through the diodes, they light up.

The big problem with the product's current, version one, is how it places the LEDs when printed. Right now, they aren't distributed evenly on the printed surface. This can cause a shimmering, or starry night effect. Smoot explained that for a lot of applications, this won't matter, but the challenge being worked on currently is to get specific placement of the diodes—to produce completely even light. Not an insurmountable task, a second version of Lightpaper is likely a few months out.

Very interesting indeed, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of situations this will be utilized in first.

http://www.fastcolabs.com/3038890/rohinnis-lightpaper-is-incredibly-thin-and-printable

Emergency lighting something or other. Would be good for that.

"Honey pull out a sheet of light paper, the power's out!"

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

the next thing for paper airplanes :P

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Dentist can wrap this up to each teeth for sparkling white smile,  :D

Details separate people.

This is really cool.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I'm so covering my car's headliner with this stuff

If your car light burn out you can place this on until u buy another and you doby get a ticked

I want fans covered in these....I don't know how it would work, but it would be friggin awesome.

post-78731-0-14872300-1417632348.png

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've seen that. It's not quite the same as the stuff they used for the suits in Tron: Legacy. The suits in the movie don't last very long because of the batteries though, only like an hour or something.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on