Do you use a different mouse for gaming or photo editing or adjust the DPI?

MooseParade

(derp moment, this should be in the peripherals section)

I always wondered this. I use a Logitech G400 for everything but I have DPI presets for normal use, image editing and gaming.

Do you use the same mouse with presets or do you have different mice for different tasks?

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

I have a Meduza Epic Gear HDST gaming mouse that has 4 DPI settings per profile and 5 profiles.

I use 2 of my settings for browsing the web (edit: word? lol) and other non-gaming things and the other 2 settings for gaming. Usually I use 1 setting of those gaming settings for low dpi work (sniping and such) and the other for twitch based gameplay (SMG runs in Blacklight for example).

The same is basically true of the other two when non-gaming. One is for fast movements, the other for slow. The reason I use 2 separate sets is because the gaming ones are fine tuned for the games I play while the non-gaming ones are fine tuned for how I do other things on my computer.

I suppose I could just set up separate profiles, but I don't play a wide enough genre of games seriously enough to require multiple profiles.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have a RAT 7 and I use it for everything at 3100 DPI. Gaming, photo editing, web browsing, everything.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I just use my MX518 for everything and no I don't really change the DPI. The only time I actually do use the quick change button is when I am in a vehicle in Battlefield. Apart from that never.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I use my death adder for everything but I use different profiles depending on what I'm doing. I use a much lower dpi when I'm editing photos for example so I can have much finer control