Debating getting a new Air cooler

SeanBond

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709001

So this for 60 dollars sounds amazing but how much better is it than my current evo 212? I have only seen two reviews and both were fairly drastic in their difference. Basically one review said it would drops max load temps in prime from 84 on the evo to 71 on the phanteks if I remember correctly. The second review had a difference of about 4 degrees which was from hardware canucks. The other I don't remember but I do remember the cooler performed within margin of error to their h110. I can't find anything on it. What should I do.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

212 EVO will not be anywhere near the performance of a H110.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

it only has 1 more heatpipe so save your money and wait to get a noctua dh-15

and also i would go with the hardware cannucks review there much more credible

I just wanted to mention my experience,with large cpu coolers decreases case chioces dramatically and water coolers are actually smaller and easier to fit 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I take it that you are looking for better temps for your overclock?

If noise isn't a concern for you, then you're going to be happy with the Phanteks PH-TC14PE

If you want the heatsink to be pretty and match the color theme of your build then you will be happy with the Phanteks PH-TC14PE

If noise is a concern for you, and you are willing to spend $90 then you might want to spend more on a Noctua NH-D15.  It performs a little better than the Phanteks cooler and does so at  lower fan speeds.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709001

So this for 60 dollars sounds amazing but how much better is it than my current evo 212? I have only seen two reviews and both were fairly drastic in their difference. Basically one review said it would drops max load temps in prime from 84 on the evo to 71 on the phanteks if I remember correctly. The second review had a difference of about 4 degrees which was from hardware canucks. The other I don't remember but I do remember the cooler performed within margin of error to their h110. I can't find anything on it. What should I do.

Its miles better than your 212, its one of the best performing air coolers. yes it is abit loud at full speed, but at $60 its a bargin.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

212 EVO will not be anywhere near the performance of a H110.

You misread.

it only has 1 more heatpipe so save your money and wait to get a noctua dh-15

and also i would go with the hardware cannucks review there much more credible

It was tech power up that had the review I remember now.

Its miles better than your 212, its one of the best performing air coolers. yes it is abit loud at full speed, but at $60 its a bargin.

The nh d14 is only 67 right now so im even more conflicted.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I take it that you are looking for better temps for your overclock?

If noise isn't a concern for you, then you're going to be happy with the Phanteks PH-TC14PE

If you want the heatsink to be pretty and match the color theme of your build then you will be happy with the Phanteks PH-TC14PE

If noise is a concern for you, and you are willing to spend $90 then you might want to spend more on a Noctua NH-D15.  It performs a little better than the Phanteks cooler and does so at  lower fan speeds.

I don't want to spend more than 70 really. I have an h110 and I want to sell it because I don't want to use it as intake on my s340 because I have a reference gpu and ever degree matters. I want to break even if I sell it so really I won't spend more than 80.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181036&cm_re=corsair_h90-_-35-181-036-_-Product

AHHHHHHHHHHH CRAP WE GOT A GAME CHANGER. h90 for 50 bucks after MIR!? I might have just made up my mind.

@loccilucas @elkenrod @nikolaizombie1

AHHHHHHHHHHH CRAP WE GOT A GAME CHANGER. h90 for 50 bucks after MIR!? I might have just made up my mind.

No, you really don't.  High end heatsinks will outperform the H90 during overclocks, easy.  That means the Nocuta and Phanteks options are just going to be better money spent.

No, you really don't.  High end heatsinks will outperform the H90 during overclocks, easy.  That means the Nocuta and Phanteks options are just going to be better money spent.

In the case of the noctua and phanteks the h90 typically beats them out or is on par with them. As I said reviews vary, but at a cheaper price point....I don't know. If I knew  person in this world that could tell me the effect and intake h110 would have on my gpu temps this would have been solved a month ago.

In the case of the noctua and phanteks the h90 typically beats them out or is on par with them. As I said reviews vary

You're mistaken.

The h90 is NOT on par with either of those heat sinks.  Under load, the Noctua D15 in particular, will outperform the h90 by up to 12C. The only type of test you're going to see the h90 "outperforming" anything is on idle temp measurement of non-over clocked cpus.  Reviews do vary, as well as the testing methodology, but as far as performance goes, the h90 isn't in the same league as high end air coolers.  I just wanted to clear that up.  The h90 is a totally acceptable choice for $50 though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181036&cm_re=corsair_h90-_-35-181-036-_-Product

The D14 will perform noticeably better than the h90 and be MILES quieter.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Not according to just about any review on the internet. They seem pretty neck and neck. Maybe with just the slightest advantage to the noctua. But I asked linus, he said I should just be find running my gpu a little hotter. The 780ti should be able to survive just fine with whatever heat the cpu puts out. So I guess Im using the h110

its great get it

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."