Swiftech H140-X

JoaoPRSousa

In the world of all-in-one water cooling, it takes a lot to stand out, and one of the few manufacturers that has managed to persistently do so is Swiftech. The company announced its H140-X customizable all-in-one CPU cooler, which follows the company's latest trend for creating patent troll-proof coolers.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/swiftech-h140-x-liquid-cooler,news-49296.html

H140-X-800_w_600.jpg

The H140-X features the same radical design, with the pump, radiator, and reservoir all molded together into a single unit. Tubing goes out from there to the LED-lit Apogee XL water block, which can be used to cool your CPU. The 140 mm fan on the unit is PWM-capable and will spin at speeds between 700 and 1800 RPM, pushing between 35 and 90 CFM, and making between 8.3 through 28.8 dBA of noise. At max speed it will generate a static pressure of 2.29 mm of water. The fluid is pushed around inside the loop by an MCP30 pump, which operates with a maximum power draw of 6 W.

IMO, it looks baller, just like it's bigger brother :)

If this is a repost let me know.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Seems pretty pointless

I dont think it is.

There are many cases that only have rear exhaust ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

their pricing is, really terrible.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Looks alright. I'll be happy when there is a 120mm version I can get, throw another 120mm rad somewhere else, and watercool my CPU and GPU.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I hope they release an X version of the H320 I want a 360mm version D: 

They've said they wont, because of the pump/res configuration. They already have compatibility issues with the 280mm model.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Personally not a big fan of these designs, all very big and bulky.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems pretty pointless, if you are planning to expand, you will need to add more, but if you aren't, its just a waste.

Could be something nice for those who want to stick a CPU watercooler on their GPU if it's stock cooler is really hot and noisy. Plus it would give them headroom for overclocking. I know some people on the forums that would invest in one.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Could be something nice for those who want to stick a CPU watercooler on their GPU if it's stock cooler is really hot and noisy. Plus it would give them headroom for overclocking. I know some people on the forums that would invest in one.

It would be better and cheaper to just get a cheap liquid cooler like a corsair h90, kraken x41, cm seidon 120m, or many more options.

is that a thick or thin rad?

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

• 3 weeks later...

At first I did not agree with the pricing scheme of the H220x, H240x, H140x but I looked at something that made me realize that the H140x might be the best of the 3.

I think Swiftech priced these units accordingly by taking into account, the hardware in each kit, as well as the performance of each unit

[below is a photo from swiftech's site and not from me. I hope I did not violate copyrights by showing it here]

H140-X-PERFORMANCEX800.jpg

I know this might matter to some but looking at the performance test comparing temps and audible noise, i think the H140x makes more sense. I will give up a few degrees for 29db. And for a moderate mid-tower case, the H140x doesn't take up as much space. I cannot fit the H240x across the top of my case but I could add a second 140mm rad w/fan on the back which would make my rig about the same as the H240x. I can see the H140x being the better option in many situations.

But I don't like Swiftech's rad/reservoir/pump design. I prefer a cleaner look like the CM Glacer. But I tried that unit and like many others, had a pump fail. I want to give the H140x a try now

apogee xl still looks super tacky, bring back the apogee HD

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

120/140 Rads are dumb 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Seems like a good idea to me. If the pump is powerful then it's a good deal because you can expand it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

http://www.swiftech.com/LC_kits.aspx with the pricing between kits this doesn't make sense. For $10 more you can get a dual 120 or for another $10 you can get a dual 140

IMO the only way any of these smaller coolers ever make sense is if you for what ever reason can't fit one of the larger ones.

I still just want to see more 360mm or thicker 280mm AIO's preferably expandable ones at that damn it  :)

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

IMO the only way any of these smaller coolers ever make sense is if you for what ever reason can't fit one of the larger ones.

I still just want to see more 360mm or thicker 280mm AIO's preferably expandable ones at that damn it  :)

but if you can only fit a single 140mm radiator, you wouldn't be able to expand the loop unless you plan on running a CPU and a GPU on a single 140mm rad which sounds like a bad idea

but if you can only fit a single 140mm radiator, you wouldn't be able to expand the loop unless you plan on running a CPU and a GPU on a single 140mm rad which sounds like a bad idea

Let's say you buy this for your cpu at first. It comes with a pump so later on you could upgrade to an additional 240 rad and it would be sufficient plus a more convenient upgrade path than a totally custom loop.

I'd be interested in this exact scenario in fact

-------

Current Rig

-------

Whatt if you can only fit a 140 currently and then later upgraded your case or wanted to use it in a different machine? you could expand it and not just replace it. Personally I can fit a 360, 280, 240 and 140 at the same time if I wanted so I wouldn't buy any of these smaller ones.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I could probably add a 2nd 140mm rad & it would be more aesteically pleasing in my case. But it's not really necessary. Only the CPU needs cooling in this rig. It's a designated DAW

I only want the H140x to OC the CPU & squeeze a little better latency with my audio recording

If I want to cool the GPU, I would probably want to have the room to expand accordingly but since I do not game with this rig, there's no reason. The H140x doesn't make sense for every system, but neither does using a 280mm rad.  The bigger units are not better if you only want to cool an overclocked CPU. Not according to those tests. The H220x/H240x would be a waste of space, cost a little more, and I would also sacrifice audible noise. Maybe not much audible noise but neither of the units beats the H140x in temps by much either. For a CPU only, that H140x is hands down the best choice for my DAW rig. But if I was building a gaming rig I would go bigger rads in a custom loop

I used to think "get the most", or "the best", & "make sure you can expand". But I see more system builds come to pass by designating a build for a specific purpose & getting on with it. I gave up trying to make a rig that will be like God. I used to want that type of system but it's pretty costly, pretty big, and not likely going to get built any time soon. When I was so precupied with building the perfect beast, I never got any systems built. I spent alot of time making product comparisons, waiting for the next greatest thing, and debating in forums if in fact the next greatest thing was in fact "the next greatest thing", and got nothing accomplished. Maybe acquired some knowledge. I would rather build a system with specific purpose instead of dreaming of one that not likely get built. Those builds that have super powers usually require alot of hefty hardware and a Tower that takes up alot of space. I prefer a smaller footprint which is alot easier to accomplish for alot less money. I have one system for basic use, another is a DAW, and the last is house computer for guests and has significant power. Instead of building a God for $3000, I built 3 Wise Men for $1500

• 3 weeks later...

Let's say you buy this for your cpu at first. It comes with a pump so later on you could upgrade to an additional 240 rad and it would be sufficient plus a more convenient upgrade path than a totally custom loop.

I'd be interested in this exact scenario in fact

This is what I'm thinking of doing but noise is a concern for me. I just bought the h100i and seeing how they didn't include the h100i in their comparison chart, it really makes me wonder if this the h100i is actually quieter. It's a concern for me because my gfs h100i pump is extremely noisy and I don't know how to lower the pump rpm. Also, if you want the bitfenix pandora matx case, you could buy this and then expand the rads in the front when you have the $$ with the 220-x you lose this option. 

I still just want to see more 360mm or thicker 280mm AIO's preferably expandable ones at that damn it :)

Had room for a 240, but I bought a Seidon 120xl for $45 and now have a 4.5 GHz I5.....makes sense to me...

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

• 7 months later...

You could run 2 140mm rads in a 350D with this or the 140 on the back and a 220 in the top and retain your optical drive bays