The Million-Dollar Video Game Hacking Business

SnowGhost1212

Hi all,

Just read this article written by Emmanuel Maiberg from PC Gamer. The article is very interesting and gives a broader look on the current status of cheating in general, very relevant due to the current issue of hacks used among professional CS:GO players. In the article, Emmanuel writes a highly detailed description of his experience as a customer to a site that provides hacks for a subscription fee. He also writes about his discussion with certain anonymous members from this site. It is very well written and well worth the read (yes, the whole 3 pages).

Hope you find it as interesting as I did,

SnowGhost

Pretty sure this has been posted before. And I can relate as a game hacker. I've written hacks for a few games that's pulled in quite a bit of pocket change. You can essentially have a career in staying at home and coding hacks for games (it's not illegal). It just goes to show you don't need to be anything special in order to succeed in life.

This is awesome, thanks for sharing, it's very interesting.

I just realized is from april 29th, but still, very nice.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Thanks for sharing :) Probably the most interesting article I've read the last month.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Pretty sure this has been posted before. And I can relate as a game hacker. I've written hacks for a few games that's pulled in quite a bit of pocket change. You can essentially have a career in staying at home and coding hacks for games (it's not illegal). It just goes to show you don't need to be anything special in order to succeed in life.

How do you get started in game exploiting?

PC in Profile

How do you get started in game exploiting?

First and foremost would be knowing a language that you can build said hack in. Pretty much anything that can compile a library and supports inline ASM should work. After you know a language you can study assembler. Once you know them two things you pretty much understand the concept of how software works. From there you can break down the compiled game binary to find offsets and internal functions to use to your benefit. Such as hooking endscene and establishing a device to utilize DirectX for drawing ingame. A lot of the other stuff is pretty much stored in client memory. Like every player on the map usually has their coordinates stored in your own client. You can pull them coordinates and use them to draw boxes around the players etc. It's more over tedious work than hard work. The hard work is getting around any anticheat systems that might be in place. So it's good to start with a game that has no protection at all.

Hi all,

Just read this article written by Emmanuel Maiberg from PC Gamer. The article is very interesting and gives a broader look on the current status of cheating in general, very relevant due to the current issue of hacks used among professional CS:GO players. In the article, Emmanuel writes a highly detailed description of his experience as a customer to a site that provides hacks for a subscription fee. He also writes about his discussion with certain anonymous members from this site. It is very well written and well worth the read (yes, the whole 3 pages).

Hope you find it as interesting as I did,

SnowGhost

Do you even bother looking at the dates of the articles you read? This sh*t is literally 7 months old.

Seven

months....

You're not some f*cking newbie member, this is getting ridiculous lately...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Do you even bother looking at the dates of the articles you read? This sh*t is literally 7 months old.

Seven

months....

You're not some f*cking newbie member, this is getting ridiculous lately...

Yeesh, calm down. With PC Gamer's questionable layout change to their front page, old articles like those get rotated to the front every once in a while. So unless you made it a point to look at the original date, it'd be understandable to assume it was a new article.

It's not a big deal.

First and foremost would be knowing a language that you can build said hack in. Pretty much anything that can compile a library and supports inline ASM should work. After you know a language you can study assembler. Once you know them two things you pretty much understand the concept of how software works. From there you can break down the compiled game binary to find offsets and internal functions to use to your benefit. Such as hooking endscene and establishing a device to utilize DirectX for drawing ingame. A lot of the other stuff is pretty much stored in client memory. Like every player on the map usually has their coordinates stored in your own client. You can pull them coordinates and use them to draw boxes around the players etc. It's more over tedious work than hard work. The hard work is getting around any anticheat systems that might be in place. So it's good to start with a game that has no protection at all.

Thanks! That was quite informative! :) What language do you recommend starting in and are there any tutorials to weave myself into this? 

PC in Profile

I posted this when it was first released. I'll find the link.

Here you go OP

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/146492-hacks-an-investigation-into-aimbot-dealers-wallhack-users-and-the-million-dollar-business-of-video-game-cheating-pc-gamer/

As you can see it's a repost. @SnowGhost1212

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)