Any news of AMD making drivers for Far Cry 4?

DavidBardock

I get with my r9 280x avg 60fps everything is on ultra, only AA is set to SMAA and God Rays turned off, but i still get weird suttering, i heard that this is Ubisoft fault, for not optimizing the game for AMD users, so any news from AMD side, when they gonna release drivers?

AMD doesnt release drivers all that often...

They have a new one every month or two, so you might have to wait a while.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

14.11.2 is for Far Cry 4.

I watched my friend playing it maxed out on his 280x. He gets good framerates which shows the GPU can handle it. Most of the time it's very smooth but then it also stutters unpredictably, mostly when driving but sometimes randomly even when walking...

Anyway the stuttering is a hallmark of modern Ubisoft games. Watchdogs, Assasin's Creed Unity, FC4... regardless of whether you are running Nvidia or AMD, high end or low end, console or PC etc they tend to stutter. Ubisoft doesn't seem to care enough about giving the player a smooth experience.

I get with my r9 280x avg 60fps everything is on ultra, only AA is set to SMAA and God Rays turned off, but i still get weird suttering, i heard that this is Ubisoft fault, for not optimizing the game for AMD users, so any news from AMD side, when they gonna release drivers?

Suttering also happen with nvidia card buddy.